Another run of W&SS neck knife?

Glad to see these are moving to a front burner! If you're following, Dan: will this run just fulfill the waitlist demand, or will you make several to go out to your dealers, too? Thanks.

Just those on the list for now, storyville.

Hi Dan, checking in to see how the WSS orders are progressing? Please update when you can! Thanks and hope you and yours are well.

Still waiting for them to arrive back from heat-treat. It's taking quite a bit longer than usual. If they don't come today, I'll call on Monday.

Dan

Back from HT? Sorry to keep checking in. But I can't be the only one seeking an update, no?! :)

I'll be traveling a bit over the next couple of months. Hoping to take the WSS along for some trips! Thanks for any update, timeline, etc., you can provide.

I've been waiting to get my tumbler running. I should be good to go by Friday. I've been cutting out handles in the meantime.

Dan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412113655.300805.jpg
Here is a picture of the blade after heat treat, and then after tumbling and grinding.
Just as an example.

Sweet -- Thanks for the update and pics. Obviously you're juggling several projects simultaneously, some or most of which might be more popular than the WSS. But this knife is going to be the EDC bomb!

Thanks for the photo updates, Dan. Question: these all appears to be Scandis -- are you working on the flat grinds, too?

Actually, only a few are scandi. You're just looking at roughed out, pre-heat-treat grinds.

It's easier to finish the grinds after glue-up and rough-shaping because I'll have something larger and more comfortable to hold on to. The exception is the scandi grind - much easier to do before glue-up. So, those are done. The rest are waiting for final grinds to be done. If you look closely, you'll see the grinds on some are "bright" - those are the Scandi blades.

Thanks for asking!
Dan

Great to see the progress on this run. Where are the rest of the 43 you said you had ready for glue up? I can't wait to get a glimpse of mine! Great work Dan, I know how unpleasant all that grinding can be.
:D

The rest are in the 2 trays underneath. :D
The jade G10 with red liner looks amazing so far. Very nice combo.

Back