any bourbon drinkers here?

Just polished off a second bottle of William Larue Weller 12 year old cask strength.
The most delicious bourbon I've tasted but certainly not a bargain pour. :rolleyes:

Any place local (not too far from you) that gets BTAC bottles has gone absolutely nuts with pricing. I like WLW, GPS, and ER17; but not to the tune of $500 (or more) a bottle. (Don't even get me started on PVW prices, lol.)
Unfortunately, I can't even get the good stuff shipped in any more...:thumbdn:

Any place local (not too far from you) that gets BTAC bottles has gone absolutely nuts with pricing. I like WLW, GPS, and ER17; but not to the tune of $500 (or more) a bottle. (Don't even get me started on PVW prices, lol.)
Unfortunately, I can't even get the good stuff shipped in any more...:thumbdn:

IMO the WLW is a better whisky than the PVW (I have the 15, 20, and 2 bottles of the 23 at my disposal) offerings so it is a better buy but... the aftermarket prices are robbery.
If I posted my price for all of these whiskies I'd probably get banned. :p
The issue is there's just not enough to go around and it drives the prices well beyond an acceptable level. The liquor store around the corner from me wants $900 for the WLW!
It's a great whisky but not nine hundred beans great.

Of the VW group, my favorite is the 20yr.
There are shops trying to charge in excess of $400 for a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle (107p)...a couple of years ago it was under $40. Of course, they've also got the 20 yrs PVW @ $2000.
If you're willing to part with a bottle of Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch - drop me a line.

Of the VW group, my favorite is the 20yr.
There are shops trying to charge in excess of $400 for a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle (107p)...a couple of years ago it was under $40. Of course, they've also got the 20 yrs PVW @ $2000.
If you're willing to part with a bottle of Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch - drop me a line.

There are a few of them. Some better than others.
Had the 4 Roses rep in a few months ago and he brought some by for a tasting.
I think he had 3 special editions and he warmed us up with the first two then a splash of the third.
He was obviously conserving. It was so good. Wish I would have scribbled some notes.

Bulleit is overrated in my opinion.

Rebel Yell is a very good, more than reasonable priced bourbon ($12/750mil)

Eagle Rare is my favorite bourbon, around $30 a bottle.

I honestly find most Canadian Whisky to be overpriced and underwhelming (sorry but Pendleton and the other "cowboy" whiskies are priced with pure marketing and little substance). The good ones are running $50-$60 a bottle, which at that price I can buy two bottles of good Bourbon or a far superior bottle of Scotch.

I wanted to change form my usual Bulleit, which I think is underrated :p

SlpoR0Rh.jpg

If your willing to spend a bit more you can never go wrong with Blanton's, cool bottle also. If you can find it in the ~$55 range I would pick up a bottle.

Also check out Rowan's Creek, made by Willett as well. You can find it under $40 and its a good buy at that price.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Eagle rare 10...it comes from the buffalo trace distillery. For what you pay, it's an outstanding bourbon. I call it a poor mans pappy. There's also stagg JR but it's a bit pricier and hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe no one has mentioned Eagle rare 10...it comes from the buffalo trace distillery. For what you pay, it's an outstanding bourbon. I call it a poor mans pappy. There's also stagg JR but it's a bit pricier and hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed an excellent bourbon, ive had a few of the single barrel selects that were amazing!! although buyer beware people are starting to gouge for this one as well. Saw it for $70 at a local typically respectable liquor store.... bit sad

Don't pay over $40 for it.

The 17 year however if you can find is a whole nother delight...

Just had my first blind tase test. Wife poured 4 of her choice and the results were.. #1-4 roses single barrel #2-makers mark #3 and 4 were close but buffalo trace beat blantons by a slight margin

I am wanting to get a taste of weller but honestly as far as pappys goes i really do not want anything i cannot readily buy off the shelf. I like to drink my bourbon Not hunt for it (with that said i am on a four year waiting list for pappys and hope to grab some weller some time)

Eagle rare 10 is excellent and for the past few weeks has been readily available in my area. Problem is i drank it all and disnt save any

I wanted to change form my usual Bulleit, which I think is underrated :p

SlpoR0Rh.jpg

All ive ever had is the little airplane bottlea of bulleit but ill have to grab an adult bottle soon i reckon. Knob creek is a staple of mine but im out as usual. Does that even make sense? guess that means i like it :)

Anybody tried this ?
0fc18a4a4688a408fdfffd9933c327d5.jpg

Distillery located very near to a friends land that I hunt. Killed the last of his bottle, so it came available in Atlanta and I bought two bottles. One to replace his and one for me ..... good stuff :D

Anybody tried this ?
0fc18a4a4688a408fdfffd9933c327d5.jpg

Distillery located very near to a friends land that I hunt. Killed the last of his bottle, so it came available in Atlanta and I bought two bottles. One to replace his and one for me ..... good stuff :D

Never have but now i want to:rolleyes: my wife bought me a bottle of bulleit 10 year and its good stuff:thumbup: i have had the standard orange label and i like the 10 year better. Kinda unfortunate since the standard is half the price

The Bulleit 10 yrs is definitely good stuff.

I'm still waiting for the Cask Strength Maker's 46 to be distributed & make it to my area.

Back