any bourbon drinkers here?

^sounds like a good enough reason to me to have a glass! I am going to have to revisit basil haydens one of these days, its been about a year since ive had any.

Ive been drinking michter's limited release barrel strength rye tonight. Tasty stuff!

c9c8b096f8bd6942949aebda679d1eeb.jpg

Time for a saturday afternoon glass anyone...

Really been enjoying this evan williams single barrel.

Right now I have Old Weller Antique (private barrel pick), Rip Van Winkle 10 yr, and a Smooth Ambler 11 year Old Scout 110.2 proof (private barrel pick). My go to everyday is Bottled in Bond 6 year Heaven Hill 100 proof, which is only available in KY. Oh yes a Elmer T. Lee black label put back.

It is had to find anywhere. Never seen a bottle of it in Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know thats right. gotta put your name out there every chance you get though. you never know when it will come back and reward you with a hard to find bottle when you least expect it:thumbup:

i know thats right. gotta put your name out there every chance you get though. you never know when it will come back and reward you with a hard to find bottle when you least expect it:thumbup:

My 12 year wedding anny. is coming up. The wife said do you want a really nice bottle. Yes please. God love that woman! She has an amazing ability to find the good stuff!

^maybe your wife can teach my wife how to source bourbon:D

My wife buys me bourbon but she basis it on how well she likes the bottle. I good with this as it gives me a chance to try things i never would have considered. Thats how i discovered bulliet 10yr, my wife liked the bottle :thumbup:

^maybe your wife can teach my wife how to source bourbon:D

My wife buys me bourbon but she basis it on how well she likes the bottle. I good with this as it gives me a chance to try things i never would have considered. Thats how i discovered bulliet 10yr, my wife liked the bottle :thumbup:

My wife does the same thang my trust me.

Had a blind taste test tonight with my wifes choice of 5 bottles from the bar.

#1 micthers limited release rye barrel strength
#1.5 four roses single barrel
#2 eagle rare 10yr
#3 old grand dad BIB
#4 willett pot still

Had a blind taste test tonight with my wifes choice of 5 bottles from the bar.

#1 micthers limited release rye barrel strength
#1.5 four roses single barrel
#2 eagle rare 10yr
#3 old grand dad BIB
#4 willett pot still

I'd grade those:
#1.5

Solid choices though.:thumbup:

Interesting^ everyone seems to love the pot still but i just cannot get on board with it. Will post the results from my wifes taste test in a bit. She has a much more refined palate then me

Wifes results..

#1 WT101
#2 eagle rare
#3 blantons
#4 mitchers limited release rye barrel strength

:D

Anybody like Jameson Irish Whiskey? My boss turned me onto it and im halfway through my second bottle now. Im very new to whiskey tho so i cant base it on much really.

I've only tried a couple of Irish whiskeys.
The taste was fine; but, overall, less than compelling. Of course, that's coming from a bourbon drinker... bourbon has a different feel to it. Irish whiskey seems lighter, almost watery in comparison (and I'm not talking about low alcohol content, as I've had cask strength Irish)
Don't get me wrong - it's not bad stuff. Made a few friends over a bottle of Black Bush at an Irish bar one March 16, lol; and bonded with a few more this St Patty's with Green Spot.

Last edited:
Having a glass of eagle rare now...

All the old school bourbon drinkers say the old eagle rare was much better. Musta been some damn good bourbon because i cant see improving on the current ER personally

Its kinda funky at times and sweet at times... I dig it.

Back