any bourbon drinkers here?

Having a glass of eagle rare now...
I have just tried this bourbon for the first time recently myself. I like it.

Another one I tried recently as a special treat (a little above my normal price range) is 1792 Full Proof. 125 proof so a little goes a long way. Quite good in my opinion.

Working on a bottle of Old Forester 1920.
Recently tried Clyde May's bourbon at the local pub...it wasn't bad, so I looked it up online & found that they make a barrel strength offering. Ordered a bottle, and nearly got knocked over by the smell of apples when I opened it. Apparently, Clyde May's main product is "Alabama-style" whiskey, and that's what I'd gotten. (Pretty sure I read that it starts out as bourbon mash, but they put oven dried apples in the barrels). It isn't bad stuff - not quite as apple-y as the Jim Beam Apple (the Beam Apple was too much for me...the cloying aftertaste of a single sip had me scrubbing my palate so I could enjoy my bourbon. The girl liked it, though) - I'll probably grab another bottle of CM at some point.

I enjoy Rare Breed...but I usually prefer Kentucky Spirit. (Especially since one of the local shops regularly selects its own barrel.)

Ill have to look out for the Kentucky spirit. Im a big fan of WT 101 and i really like the rare breed

Been a good couple days

xfrwk7.jpg

Great pic jackass:) thats one that has been recommended but i have not tried yet

The bourbon and knife have something in common:thumbsup:

Edit because im drinkingo_O

Last edited:
Any of you bourbon lovers gonna be in atlanta this weekend for blade? If so post up and lets go get a round. Ill be be there tomorrow and friday

Great pic jackass:) thats one that has been recommended but i have not tried yet

The bourbon and knife have something in common:thumbsup:

Edit because im drinkingo_O

they do have something in common indeed!

This Devil's Cut packs a wallop. I can have much more Bulleit and still be somewhat functional, but this one just knock me out real fast.

I've never gotten around to trying the Devil's Cut. One of the local shops used to have the 50 ml bottles of it... maybe I'll take a look & grab a couple for when I finish the bottle I'm currently working.

Haven't tried Devil's Cut yet, but Jim Bean Double Oak is real good! Just getting into bourbons though lots of good advice here. I like Buffalo Trace and Bulleit. Also have been making Old Fashioned cocktails but do enjoy it neat.

Tempted to by a bottle next week but we shall see what the abc board has when I get there

A couple of people have made comments like that; and I don't really understand it. It's relatively low proof (for bourbon); so unless you're wasting it by doing shots, how does it sneak up on, surprise, or otherwise wreck you?

^^ i sip bourbon too slow for it to sneak up on me. Tequila on the other hand:eek:

Its probably because i make a tasty margarita and that cold refreshing drink on a hot day goes down pretty quickly. It affects me differently also. Bourbon is a Mellow buzz and tequila goes straight to my head lolo_O

I tend to prefer my bourbon neat or with Diet Coke. And I agree it is a mellow buzz rather than going straight to my head

Back