any bourbon drinkers here?

I had a pour of this recently.
Has a nice finish being aged a bit in cabernet sauvignon casks.

CPFxqRh.jpg

Barman1 Barman1 does it take a sweeter note from that also?
A little.
Cabernet isn't necessarily sweet but it adds a nice dimension and can definitely be noticed in the tasting notes.
If this one were more affordable for mixing it would make an exceptional manhattan in my professional opinion.

Perk of the job huh:thumbsup:

I picked these up on the way home today. One for me and one for a buddy

2mfaf6o.jpg
A definite perk.
Pretty sure we've got over 300 different whiskies available.
A little dangerous in the wrong hands...;)

Congrats on the Elmer T, a solid choice at a decent price.

I ran out of the last pour of Bulleit last night, looks like some Laphroaig is on the menu in an hour or two.

wow:eek: 300 whiskies is impressive!!

the bars i go to are put to shame by my measly stash which is between 20-25 varieties!

Sadly, bourbon (neat) doesn't taste right to me *during the summer*...it's disappointing that National Bourbon Day usually falls in my tequila season.

(I haven't seen the tequila thread...though I haven't really looked, yet)

Edited to complete the first statement (for the sake of accuracy) - see stars

Last edited:
I have not...but I have tried a couple of the other bourbon barrel aged tequilas.
On a related note, I've had (I think) two tequilas that could have passed for good bourbons if a person wasn't paying attention to the subtleties

Four Roses Small Batch and Four Roses Single Barrel are my favorites overall. I have not tried the regular Four Roses Yellow Label yet.

Others I enjoy:
1792 Small Batch
Bulleit
Woodford Reserve
Knob Creek

I have tried Elijah Craig a couple of times but it's just not one of my favorites in that price range.

One way to save money is to buy bottles in 1.75L sizes rather than the 750ml bottles. For some reason, at least in my area, there is a big discount per ounce in the larger bottles. For example, a 750ml bottle may cost $32 but the same product in a 1.75L is only $50. So for an extra $18, you get a full extra liter.

Assuming having a bigger bottle doesn't make you consume more, and assuming you don't mind drinking the same whiskey for quite a while, it's definitely the way to go for getting quality at a cheaper price, rather than moving down the quality ladder a rung or two to get cheaper in the same size bottle.

I have a 1.75L bottle of Bulleit I just opened yesterday when my Four Roses Small Batch ran out.

Bulleit makes a pretty good rye whiskey as well.
What he said.

Four Roses Single Barrel amazing.

Buffalo trace is always something i keep but rarely drink. A buddy told me to try it on ice and now im hooked! It joins makers and weller SR as the only "on the rocks" bourbon that actually stands up to ice for me:thumbsup: i love it now:D

I also recently found another nasty bourbon.. jeffersons aged at ocean voyage 11

Taste like salt water/bourbon

This joins the small list of :confused: bourbons for me which include 1792 small batch and evan williams

I did buy the last bottle locally of the best whiskey (yup.. bourbon thread) i have ever tasted by far.. it will take an act of god to beat it i believe. michters barrel strength rye. THIS SHIT IS TITS!!!!'

EDIT: since this is single barrel i should add its barrel 160567. If you see this its worth the $80 IMO

I just found this thread !! Yes I drink Bourbon. Sometimes even Rye Bourbon.

s22ENDs.jpg

I also recently found another nasty bourbon.. jeffersons aged at ocean voyage 11

Taste like salt water/bourbon

I tried Jefferson Ocean once; and picked up on the salt in the finish of my first sip...and it came in more quickly with subsequent sips (maybe because I was waiting for it?). Glad I didn't buy that bottle, because it would have been relegated to cocktails.

Back