Any other fanny pack users?

Okay, we can be PC and call them "lumbar" packs, but they are just fancy 1980's-soccer-mom-on-vacation fanny packs.

I converted a few years ago, bc I always overpack and a friend suggested them to me. After making fun of him for a bit, I opened to the idear and researched it a bit. I got a Tenzing 720(?) i think, and used it for 2 seasons so far. Liked that I could strap my ground blind and jacket to the outside, and not be weighed down by all the "must-haves" I anchor myself with.

Now I finally tracked down one in my camo pattern- ASAT, so I am excited for finally be matching for all the deers this year!

I use a badlands Monster fanny pack when I'm in tree stand or if I spend the day walking for rabbit. Its a great pack and sits comfortably. I had to give myself a reality check before i bought it. I put it on and started thinking about all the functionality it had, then i realized it was a fanny pack and had to make sure it was worth while.

It was.

Count me in. I have back packs of course, but if I can avoid shoulder straps I will. Maxpedition Proteus and Devil Dogs are my woods walking, hunting and motorcycling bags, depending on how much I need to carry and how long I'm away. The DD is better when you need a good supply of water along. The Proteus falls short in that regard but holds more than it looks. I also have a Mountainsmith Drift, which is lighter weight and worked very well on my last trip to Disney/Florida with the family. So handy.

Fanny? Does anyone even use that word anymore? It really needs to fade away...

Back