anyone carry a multitool everyday

I've carried a Leatherman muti-tool from the original one, the original Wave, and now the Charge XTi almost everyday for about fifteen years now. Got me out of a bind a few times.

I carry a leatherman wave these days. I used to carry a pst, but it stays in my glove box in the car now.

I don't carry a multi-tool everyday, but I usually end up using one about once every couple of days.

Great pic allenC...

LM Wave new style everyday...
wave.jpg

I am never without my trusty Victorinox OH Trekker and Leatherman Micra...

Those are great pics of the Wave. I think I need one for my backpack now.

At work I carry LM Kick (with clip) so I can beat it up. Otherwise I carry a Charge Ti or a KF4, depending on how I feel and how kife-friendly of an environment I'll be in.

Well since my mobilization and deployment I have been carrying the following every day:
SCHRADE MULTI-TOOL (6 years old now, made in the USA)
MICROTECH UDT
STRIDER BT
M9
M4

I wouldn't go out on a mission without a multi-tool. Have used it to fix everything from a Mk-19 40mm grenade launcher to my M1114 up-armored HMMWV. In addition to that everyone on my team also carries a multi-tool. If you are deployed and NOT carrying one...you need help.

KUCHI 30

SCOUTS OUT!

I've had a Leatherman of some sort on my belt for about fifteen years now; first an original PST, later an original Wave, and these days mostly either a Charge Ti (for around-the-house work) or a PST-II (when I wanna go lighter, like at the office), but I'll occasionally pack something out of the collection like my SwissTool Spirit, SOG PowerLock, or LM Juice SC2 or Pro, or Victorinox CyberTool Lite.

First a Wave, upgraded to SuperTool 200, currently edc a LM Core. For what I do, I prefer the larger tools paired with a dedicated folder like my Ritter Grip.

I wouldn't go out on a mission without a multi-tool. ... In addition to that everyone on my team also carries a multi-tool. If you are deployed and NOT carrying one...you need help.

Question: In your experience, if the average grunt heading off on a mission in a hot area could only carry one or the other, would it be a stout knife (be it fixed blade or folder), or would he choose a multi-tool instead? What I mean is, what are real GIs carrying out there?

Oh, and stay safe, Delta-19 ...... and thank you!

For multitools, I EDC an original Leatherman Wave (original Bianchi holster converted to horizontal carry) and a Victorinox Manager (original).

As to the question, I think everyone should EDC a multitool. My minimum would be a Victorinox Rambler. So the question should be "Who doesn't carry a multitool everyday?"

SAK or Leatherman. Sometimes both. A Micra has replaced my Wenger Esquire for the most part. I've been thinking about a Swisstool, but the ol' barebones Leatherman is doing fine so far.

I edc a leatherman blast in the sheath that it came in everyday for work. I must use it 4 or 5 times a day at least. I accidentaly left it at home, ONCE, damn near drove me crazy running around finding tools to use in its place!

I carry a Gerber recoil everyday for the last 4+ years, I also have a red juice but, the Gerber was a more usefull one handed tool, very easy to open and close with practice, but I did have to buy an aftermarket Sheath after my 2 year of carry, it was destroyed from constant carry on my belt

I keep a LM Wave (Old version) in my bag, but not on my person everyday. It's still an EDC, but I don't like carrying too many things in my pockets or on my belt all the time.

Looking at some of what other people on these forums carry everyday, I don't know how they comfortably walk around.

Back