anyone carry a multitool everyday

I carry a leatherman Charge XTi everyday that I am at work. I modified one of the screwdriver tips into a #8 spanner bit, which comes in very useful in the elevator industry. #8 spanner bit is the most common tamperproof bit in our industry. The other tools come in handy also. The XTi has saved me a lot of trips to the tool bag when working on top of an elevator.

I have carried some sort of Leatherman everyday, I believe Sharper Image are the ones that carried it first or the first time I had seen one since they came out in '83 or '84? I still have my first one. Now carry a Leatherman Charge Ti, Benchmade Presidio in pockets/Arc AAA led flashlight around my neck, every day.

A SAK Ranger or Huntsman every day for the last 35 years - in my back pocket next to my wallet. I even have it on me when I am wearing my Leatherman Wave on my belt (weekends). Modify the toothpick for sliver removal - shorten the toothpick, cut a groove, superglue in a sewing needle.

that's what's nice about the ones with the straight pin in the scales ;)

i can't stop carrying my Swisschamp for things like that, even with a Leatherman

Swiss army knife Climber for the last 11 years or so, an d a SWISS TOOL With an aditional Leatherman Side Clip in the car (OLD Beatle driver) and either a Kershaw or my CRKT M16 in my pocket.

I used to exclusively carry my Leatherman Charge XTi on my belt. I do
not miss its lack of scissors because I use the Leatherman Squirt S4 as my keychain.

I love the XTi... 154 CM blade steel (on a multitool!!)... titanium handles... the multi-bit drivers with accompanying bits... the workmanship... etc. A nearly flawless multitool, IMHO.

Since I bought a large Chris Reeve Sebenza with Micarta inlay titanium handle, and a double sided serration on part of the S30V blade, I carry my XTi in my backpack. I find the partially serrated blade on the Sebenza provides most of the utility that I need. BTW... the Sebenza is an engineering marvel. It is absolutely perfect in its construction and build. Full respect to Chris Reeve for such an incredible knife.

I now only have my XTi on my belt at work. Otherwise, it's in either my backpack or jacket with my Surefire C2 flashlight (another incredible tool).

I am extremely disapointed with the quality of the Leatherman Charge XTi as I have developed rust on several places on the tool its a nice small tool but overall i am not impressed I think it is a very slight upgrade on the old wave which i still like better.

my everyday carry is a Gerber MultiPlier 800 Legend that I purchased when they first came out which is in my opinion the best tool on the market but the newer gerber product is not as of high quality as the older gerber product.

my flashlight is an Inova X5 which is a little too dim or the new Maglite LED which is as bright as a Surefire I just got it so Ill see how it holds up to rough use but I am impressed with the quality I had never been impressed with Maglites before this light

My knife is a Smith and Wesson SWAT knife 440c blade which i regularly abuse. i routinely pry things with it, dig in the dirt and cut 4 aught copper cable with, and it sharpens to a razors edge in no time. truly a great blade but a lil too big for most people

Leatherman makes one with a corkscrew... and pate spreader and hors d'oerves fork! Carry it in my ruck with a set of titanium chopsticks and ti spork!

As to what I carry on my belt everyday... see pic... and I've changed the tool to a Gerber gold ti-nitride coated power-lock.

See pic on first page of this thread - it won't let me post it again!

Several of you have asked where I got the bit holders and the pouch...
I just noticed that CheaperThanDirt.com has the bit holders in the kit I was refering to: item # X-387-T2.
The pouches I got at a local gun show, but if you Google "Triple mag pouch" you'll find at least one commercially available on the web...
Hope that helps?

(somebody emailed me a few weeks ago, and I lost his name and addy... Hope he sees this! :eek: )

Carried a Leatherman wave in my pocket every day for the last 3 years until I lost it last week:( :( and am now patiently waiting for the postman to deliver a SOG powerlock, hope its as good as the Leatherman(rip) was !

Lm Charge Ti, Day in and day out, sometimes in its sheath, or when im a school in my pocket hiding do i dont get in trouble...:rolleyes:

I carry a leatherman Charge ti in my pack a juice xe6 in my pocket and a SAK cybertool in my desk.

Thanks guys for all the replys, i had no idea everyone liked to edc a leatherman. I guess tomorrow i'll go back to edc. again thanks;)

Back