removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point here isn't that he waited 20 years. The point is EKI had ample opportunity to fill his order.
yep. get that. was surprised the op didnt just give up long ago, but too each their own.....

Twenty years ago I thought a high end Buck was the cream of the crop; twenty years from now I won't care if i'm toting a knife - let alone what it is!

OP, which model is it exactly? To answer another question, people HAVE passed away waiting for a knife from Ernie. He has caught up on old orders on certain models. You've sent emails with no response but have you tried calling directly? They always pick up during business hours and there are no automated systems in place.

I keep losing my text, but hope that Ernie would do whatever NECESSARY (and more) to make up for this serious blight on his reputation. It's obvious that you have "kept up" and have spoken with his people over the years. I find it hard to believe that he would let THIS continue to slide...
Come on, Ernie...STEP UP!

I don't like to contradict the Emerson Rep but I've been buying Emerson for nearly 20 years and the way I remember it was when he closed his books he meant he was stopping the production of custom knives made to order including those he hadn't started.

I forgot to reply back to the thread. Our outstanding Emerson Rep was able to find my order, speak to Mr Emerson about it, and confirm it will still be made eventually! Crazy excited for it!! :)

Wow.....They don't care about you man...do you really think Ernie is going to make your knife? Are you even willing to spend 1-2k for it? Move on.....

After 20 years you're no longer on a wait list you're being strung along. You were forgotten about after the first three years more than likely.

I forgot to reply back to the thread. Our outstanding Emerson Rep was able to find my order, speak to Mr Emerson about it, and confirm it will still be made eventually! Crazy excited for it!! :)

I would be a little excited and a whole lot frustrated. You are the customer paying him for his services. He should have been the one contacting you, and this should have happened long before two decades atleast to show a little common courtesy.

Dear Forum Members,

I have seen this thread up for some time and thought I might clear up a few misconceptions, misperceptions and inaccuracies. I will just respond in random order. Yes, there are old custom orders out there but rest assured they will be attended to. However…

1. We’ve never lost a custom order – not one. Every single order has been logged and tracked since the beginning on a separate custom order computer program. If someone claims we lost an order, please produce the paperwork or proof as we have all of the orders in numerical order placed by date of order. Verbal orders without proper paperwork were never taken – ever.

2. Most people, just like the original poster were never charged any money or down payment in advance. I stopped doing that early on when the orders started to increase. So, a majority of people that may still be waiting are not out of any money and have none invested in their order.

3. No one was ever asked to pay for an order in advance of delivery. Payment was due only when I notified them of completion.

4. I have been filling custom backorders regularly over the years. You are just not aware of them as most are not members of any forum. Bladeforums did not even exist then I was taking the majority of my custom orders.

5. There is no need to “STEP UP” as I have been steadily filling custom orders all along and will continue to do so. No other knife maker in history ever had the volume of orders that I received and that is why I stopped taking orders in the first place when I realized it would take years to fill them all.

6. When I “closed my books” I never stopped producing the custom orders that were on the books. I merely stopped taking any more new orders.

7. I would also note that all of the prices for custom orders are delivered at the price agreed to at the time of the order. This includes knives that are being delivered at prices in the $300 - $500 price range that are now valued at over $10,000.00 in the aftermarket. Not quite Amazon but not too bad. Some of the knives are now valued at over 20 times the price that the customer will pay for them.

I know that there are a lot of people on the Bladeforums who just love to bang on me and wait with baited breath for any chance, perceived or real to come forth. That’s ok, there’s still a lot of good people on the forum and I’ve been hit by much harder men in my day.

Ernest Emerson

No deposit and locking in the original price seems like a good deal to me.
Fair enough, I suppose. I can't imagine waiting decades for a custom knife but at least you're not out of pocket. Worst case scenario is that you never get a knife you've never paid for.

If the OP is happy to wait, then good for him. Not sure why others feel the need to make him feel like a fool or something like that.

bvo85, you've heard it from the man himself! You will receive your knife eventually and when you do, I know you'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back