Anyone else think the new format is too 'busy'?

I would like to see the stuff on the right side of the front page go away.

... This new format is liking getting into a new truck only to find out that brake is now on the right and the gas peddle is to its left.
:D The new format is different, but not THAT bad, maybe more like wondering where is the switch for the windshield wipers. ;)

I like that you can like posts :) Just like facebook..................must be the teenager in me ;)

I miss the feature of seeing how many and who was looking at the page

Yup...it was really fun to watch your sales threads light up with all your friends here viewing your thread...

Ahhhh....those were the good ol days!

Now all these hipsters with their Instabook, FaceGram goobelygook "Like"ing:thumbsup: this, "Follow"ing:confused: that...it's the devil's work I tell ya!

And we thought the "jerking" emoji was bad! :eek:

Oh well... there's the neighbor kids' toys to run over with the Snapper, I'll always have that! :D

It's awful, its like someone going into my shop while I'm away and rearranging all my tools and supplies in a manner that I cannot find anything.

Can't stand all the wasted space at the bottom of everyone's posts. Below their sigs and their post-count boxes....to much wasted space requiring constant scrolling.

I think that's probably a product of the avatar placard size...if there isn't a way to condense/organize it, then some of it will have to be cut.

I could probably live without knowing a join date....maybe even the message # total...perhaps even the membership level color could be shown in a frame corner like the green "online" signal.

But I would like to see a hot link to message a member via their avatar area.

Can't stand all the wasted space at the bottom of everyone's posts. Below their sigs and their post-count boxes....to much wasted space requiring constant scrolling.

I think that's probably a product of the avatar placard size...if there isn't a way to condense/organize it, then some of it will have to be cut.

I could probably live without knowing a join date....maybe even the message # total...perhaps even the membership level color could be shown in a frame corner like the green "online" signal.

But I would like to see a hot link to message a member via their avatar area.

Just write longer messages or quote a bunch of junk like I just did-- it fills up most of the white space. ;):p

But seriously, what "Style" are you running? I'm currently running Flat Awesome <Fixed Width> <Beta> and the white space isn't too bad as long as the post isn't a short one or two liner.

Looks fine to me. The Flat Awesome theme seems to work pretty well. So does the default.

It's kind of irritating when things change, BUT - it's not nearly as irritating as coming here and finding the entire forum shut down and locked up night after night. I assume this 'upgrade' will fix all that crap - if so, then I'm ok with it.

I set up a list of watched forums and have that link bookmarked. No more clutter from forums which disinterest me.

I am 70 now and have found that change is inevitable and letting it worry and frustrate me just makes my remaining time unpleasant.
I have adjusted rather quickly and kind of like it. Besides, we will all become accustomed to it and when it is updated again in several years we will be saying how much better the old one (this one) was.

Back