Anyone like Canoe knives?

I am retired and pretty much stick to the cheaper brands of canoes. To me they are still well made. I only have 14 right now, but I am working on it. Yes, I would prefer all Case canoes but I only have one of those that was given to me. How about some pics of your canoe knives. I'll post a pic of my small collection quick as I can get a battery for this stupid camera. LOL. Happy collecting all. Mike

Rough Rider (brand) produces a pretty nice canoe pattern. Don't have one (have other patterns), but they are inexpensive and not bad knives (especially for the money). This thread could be posted in the traditional forum.

I love the canoe pattern, but this thread would probably do better over in the Traditional Forum. A lot of your likely respondents don't venture into this neck of the woods.

Rough Rider (brand) produces a pretty nice canoe pattern. Don't have one (have other patterns), but they are inexpensive and not bad knives (especially for the money). This thread could be posted in the traditional forum.
Yep, I have several of the Rough Rider canoes. They make a pretty dang good knife for the money.

A canoe is always next on my "to buy" list. Problem is, it keeps getting bumped back down to next. I've asked Santa a couple of times. Maybe this year. The problem is that my phone has bumped my pocket knife out of where it used to ride, and now a knife with a clip has become standard carry. So, the canoe has become less useful. But I still want one. And some Cases have a picture of a canoe on the blade, too! So many knives.....

As TLE Sharp said you'd be Much Better Off to post this thread in Traditional knives!!

You can close this thread and post this thread in Traditional. You'll get much better responses from guys

that carry and use Canoes and other SJ.

Let's try this in the Traditional Forum, instead of General...Enough folks there like Canoes to float your boat.

The Canoe has been my favorite traditional for quite a while. I only have one left. Bought it over 40 yrs ago and it was used.
24ryLwy.jpg

Gifted this one to my nephew this year on opening day (Texas Rangers)
yvhG65c.jpg

Id be happy if GEC made somw more little indian girl canoes.

I like the canoe pattern, but the pattern by design is a bit heavy for the size of the knife. What are the advantages of the design other than it's just another one of the traditional slip joint patterns?

I like the pattern aesthetically. However I've yet to buy one. If the right one at the right price comes along, I'd get it without hesitation.

What are the advantages of the design other than it's just another one of the traditional slip joint patterns?

1 nice feature is that the upturned ends of the bolsters help to keep the back of the blade tang from protruding out when the blades are closed.

I like the canoe pattern, but the pattern by design is a bit heavy for the size of the knife. What are the advantages of the design other than it's just another one of the traditional slip joint patterns?
The pocket friendliness and feel of sunk joints, with the greater contact area between the tang and spring of un-sunk joints. I like the look of them, but they are a bit heavy.

I've got a few (Case) canoes.
(Now I'll be able to find the thread after I take pictures)

Back