Anything goes three...The trifecta of stoopid goes on.

Yea, I've heard they can shoot MOA now to around 250-300 yards. I don't need it to do anything like that really. Hell I don't need it for anything but something new to me and plinking.

Just looking at the all black model with the flash hider. Probably trade stocks to get some wood on it.

Actually I would really like to have a Mini-30 around to play with.

Reports on the newer Minis are pretty positive as far as accuracy goes. They did make some changes recently.

My big beef with them are that they're getting really dang pricey these days. Last ones I looked at in the store were something like 600 bucks new. For a little more than that I can put together a very nice AR, or buy a milled receiver AK. And for 350 I did buy a Romanian AK, which is honestly about as much as I'll ever need for a farm/pickup gun.

I would love to have a mini-30, but they're hard to find and pricey IMO.
I saw a used one a couple weeks ago for $659 at a familiar outdoor store in KC and just walked away muttering.
then I found a milled & threaded SKS at a pawn shop for 1/3 of that -- guess what's sitting in my living room now?

Hmm just ate a small sack of those spicy Japanese rice snacks.
Just reminded me that they aren't called spicy for shit....

I have a new version mini14 and I have that thing dialed in w/ the factory irons ,using 55gr. remington FMJ .... the gun is reliable and have not had a single hiccup firing Remington/Winchester/Federal ammo anywhere from 55-65gr ammo

I know alot of folks have a funky taste in their mouth about Ruger whether personal or going off of others opinion, from my AR/AK/marlin 30/30/mini 14..... I'd grab my mini 14 over anything else I have 1st.

1919A4 I owned a few years ago. Before I found a real era tripod.

102_0282Medium.jpg

Had to have a smoke after that last belt it was so exhilarating :D
102_0285Medium.jpg

fun!
I used to fix M2HB's for Uncle Sam but never got to play with baby brother.

In a "code black" at wal mart. Tornado spotted. Their store policy is to herd 200 customers in to the shoe aisle between 10 ft tall shelves under light fixtures. My e & e skills are strong.

Adam I am strongly convinced that most "tornado shelters" are no more than convenient places to find bodies.

In a "code black" at wal mart. Tornado spotted. Their store policy is to herd 200 customers in to the shoe aisle between 10 ft tall shelves under light fixtures. My e & e skills are strong.

Walmart is the LAST place in the world I'd want to be crammed into a small space with the people there.

Walmart is the LAST place in the world I'd want to be crammed into a small space with the people there.

No doubt. Home now.

Over the intercom I hear "Code Black, all _____ to the ______ of the store." WTF did they say? Then some smartass comes up to me and says "You can't be walking the aisles, to the back of the store!"

I was headed back there anyway then I get back there and see the sheep herded in the corner. Shelves on both sides all the way down the aisle, no alternate route to get out, under 400 lb light fixtures and TV sets. I started evaluating the structure and decided I'd go stand away from shelves and under the strongest part of the building. Working on structures all day pays off. :D

Admit it Adam, you were huddled in the corner with the 400 lb bearded lady :D

Back