Are older 110s appreciated any more?

Thanks David. That's actually the only finger groove 110 that I have (at least that I recall having). I couldn't pass it up for $30. It should clean up pretty well and be a great companion to rest along side my other 4-dot 110.

Actually... the oak is the display box for the custom. It's the first one of these I've seen in-the-flesh, and since I'm a deer hunter, I think this is a keeper and will be the only knife (other than my 303 collection) that is displayed in my house.

I do live in a 200 year old log cabin and some recent renovations left me with a bit of aged/cured oak. The wife asked if I were going to use it for knife handles so I'm working on a custom non-Buck knife that I think she'll appreciate.

I got number 1243 of the same knife. My girlfriend got it for my birthday a couple of years back. It sits on my desk. I love the mirror polish and the old buck stamp. Thing weighs a metric ton though.

I bought this 2 dot 110 for $75 and it's worth every penny. Besides wanting 440C steel, I was specifically looking for one with three tiny brass pins and dark ebony scales with no grain. The fact that it was in new condition sealed the deal. :)

gOzQg4X.jpg

That is one of the nicest buck 110's I've seen regardless of year or model. Enjoy it.

I'll be 44 this month and I really appreciate the 110. Grew up with one, a finger groove model, and those still feel right in my hand like no other.
I have one older 110 without the grooves and I am really happy to have it but I usually reach for my newer finger grooved model over my others including my custom shop one.

I've always liked the finger groove model too. It just feels right to me. I've never minded the weight. In self defense, it can be used as a ball peen hammer. Just give them one in the temple from the end of the handle protruding. After this you'll likely have time to open it. DM

Back in the late 70's my father and I bought a pair 317's and 2 dot 110's together. I used mine for the next few decades and my Mother found this in his sock drawer after he passed away. Needless to say it is worth something to me.
2Dot110-NIB.jpg

The demand is there. I’ve bid on some early 110’s and have seen them usually sell for more than what new ones go for. It might have been how you titled or worded your description. Did you note the year and steel (440c)? Put it in the title. Write up a nice description with some history behind it and maybe something personal about what it meant to you. I also think one of the most important factors on selling something online is the picture quality. Close ups, good lighting, and different angles will draw more people in.

Thanks TAH. I always thought the 110 would make a very capable impact weapon when held in the fist and delivered in a downward chopping motion.

The demand is there. I’ve bid on some early 110’s and have seen them usually sell for more than what new ones go for. It might have been how you titled or worded your description. Did you note the year and steel (440c)? Put it in the title. Write up a nice description with some history behind it and maybe something personal about what it meant to you. I also think one of the most important factors on selling something online is the picture quality. Close ups, good lighting, and different angles will draw more people in.

Good advice.
Selling on e-Bay is an art. If you're not an artist your success will vary and if you're making mistakes.......you won't get bids.

Heh.

Tacticool is as tacticool does. I appreciate the newer design assisted openers, but I can still cut your arm off with a Buck 112. Which is on my belt everyday.

And I don't know that todays' youngsters understand what an EMP is. If I ever get that '69 Z28 I want, maybe I'll have the misfortune to show them someday. That day comes, I'll add a 110 to my belt as well.

Nice pics here too!

;)

It would interesting to know how many 110s were sold annually in the 70s versus how many were sold in 2016.

Heh.

Tacticool is as tacticool does. I appreciate the newer design assisted openers, but I can still cut your arm off with a Buck 112. Which is on my belt everyday.

And I don't know that todays' youngsters understand what an EMP is. If I ever get that '69 Z28 I want, maybe I'll have the misfortune to show them someday. That day comes, I'll add a 110 to my belt as well.

Nice pics here too!

;)

I like the way you roll. :thumbsup:

I have been scooping up older 110s and just started getting some 119s. I like 440C steel, and between a few dollars for the spa treatment and generally very reasonable prices on the auction site, it is just a darn good value.

Also recently had my Dad's mechanical Wyler watch cleaned and serviced. Same deal.

Some things you simply can't get anymore, and the newer high speed stuff just lacks something.

These things take me back to another time and place.

Back