Ask Toooj

TwinStick

RAK from the Ontario Knife Company site its 3/16ths.

Product SKU: 9414BM
Specifications
Blade Material 1095 Carbon Steel
Overall Length 12.0 in (30.5 cm)
Blade Length 6.8 in (17.3 cm)
Blade Thickness 0.188 in (0.478 cm)
Blade Color Black
Blade Finish Powder Coat
Blade Grind Flat Bevel
Edge Type Plain
Hardness 57-59 HRC
Handle Material Micarta
Handle Color Black
Sheath Material Nylon
Sheath Color Black
Sheath Type MOLLE Compatible
Lock Type Fixed
Country of Origin United States of America

http://ontarioknife.com/fixed-blades/rak-detail#sthash.lCDdBZ0x.dpuf

if that helps

Last edited:
Hi Twinstick,

Hope all is well with you and daughter.

Like Roguer said: 3/16" (1.875")

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Hello Toooj

Any foreseeable future for more SP knives and daggers?

Maybe a Chimera dagger?

DPC,

We'll have to see what direction the Marketing team wants to go. In a perfect world, we would like to introduce new lines and make additions to the existing lines to extend their life and reach.
Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

DRE,

The sheath in question has nothing to do with Ontario. We have made the USMC Knife for many years (40+) but never the MKII variant. ..and never with an undyed left hand sheath. The USMC sheaths are dyed black and for right hand carry. (as per Mil-Spec)
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Toooj,

It was great to meet and speak with you during NRAAM 2016. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the Derby City, and return again soon.

bootzon,

Good to meet you. I Love Louisville. I e-mailed my wife and we will be spending time there in a future vacation.
It was a good show for Ontario. The only mishap is that our departing plane had a malfunction and Drew and I ended driving back home (8hrs). It was still faster than the rebooking and layover but I got back at 11:30 last night.
The Ontario crew had our first "Hot Brown" at the Brown Hotel this weekend. I now know what all the talk is about. Uncle Ethan had recommended this to me a while back.
Also had a chance to have a good talk with Spark (Of this Forum). Also good to see the knife family. Now on to Blade Show.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Hi Toooj,

Quick question. I've seen this listing on eBay for awhile now for an OD green Rat model II with stonewashed blade.

All the Rat IIs I've seen had satin finished blades, not stonewashed. Seller is respected and everything else seems legit. Can you confirm whether that's true?

MaxFisher,

Let me investigate and get back to you. There have been many iterations of the RAT Folders and just as many knockoffs. I'll have to sort through this.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Paul, glad to hear you were impressed with your visit to Derby City USA. Having a Hot Brown at the Brown Hotel is an excellent choice. Sorry your plane had issues, but fortunately it was still on the ground.

If you book a vacation in Louisville, I'd encourage you to check out our website, touroldham.com. We are an adjoining county about 25 minutes from downtown Louisville. We expand your choices with experiences from Small town America. Email me if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks bootzon,

Will do.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

bootzon,

Good to meet you. I Love Louisville. I e-mailed my wife and we will be spending time there in a future vacation.
It was a good show for Ontario. The only mishap is that our departing plane had a malfunction and Drew and I ended driving back home (8hrs). It was still faster than the rebooking and layover but I got back at 11:30 last night.
The Ontario crew had our first "Hot Brown" at the Brown Hotel this weekend. I now know what all the talk is about. Uncle Ethan had recommended this to me a while back.
Also had a chance to have a good talk with Spark (Of this Forum). Also good to see the knife family. Now on to Blade Show.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

I'd just like to confirm that, yes, we had a great time in Louisville. A lot of the time when people ask me about all the travel we do, all I can really tell them is where there are nice convention halls, hotel rooms, and airports. Louisville left an impression though, and I can't wait to go back. Even the drive back wasn't bad.

MaxFisher,

Let me investigate and get back to you. There have been many iterations of the RAT Folders and just as many knockoffs. I'll have to sort through this.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Toooj,

Any update in the legitimacy of the stone washed Rat II?

Toooj,

I'm starting to see some quality improvements specially on sharpening. Top one is the old sharpening method where the base of the edge curves down and is against the plunge.

And I this one, the edge is very nice and even. How can I get a hold of this one?

here's the link of the review.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Knife-Company-RTAK-II?p=15960566#post15960566
My newest RtakII arrived today and has the grind problem as shown above. The box is dated January 2016. I assume the RtakII doesn't sell as quickly as some smaller models, so it takes longer to clear the pre-Tooj pieces out of the pipeline. The rest of the knife looks fine, and since it's not only a production knife but a huge chopper, I won't lose any sleep over the issue. I also don't/won't use the choil on this monster because I pair it with a smaller knife.

I just wanted to give a "field report" having just received a new one today from the world's largest online retailer.

Toooj,

I was wondering if it would be possible to give everyone the HRC data for the D2 RAT1's? Many thanks!

MaxFisher,

Sorry for taking so long. Yes, the Stonewashed Rat IIs are legit. A "special" for a certain customers. You are good to go with these.

buckfynn,

The hardness of the D2 Rats is HRc 58-60.

There will sometimes be a very long lag time between the time we initiate a change and when we feel comfortable that the pipeline is "cleaned out". Many of the small "Ma & Pa" retailers may have old stock for years.
Quality Improvements are a constant ongoing process. Sometimes it feels like there isn't enough time, personnel and money to do everything we want. However, we are making progress....and my team is relentless
Glad you are liking the knife.

Hope all of this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Ordered a chimera. I heard that the early run of these came dull but that's since been remedied . Is that true ? Also is there a lifetime warranty on the knives

Back