Attn: KWM

Attn: KWM
It is true that Bob told me that he no longer worked for REKAT. However, Christina emailed me at a later time and said that Bob told me that just to get rid of me. If he doesn't want phone calls at that phone number which apparently was his home phone number, then Christina should not give out his home phone number. Maybe they should have an active web site that gives their hours of operation and a phone number to call during those hours of operation. However, it is their business and they will run it like they want to.

What I posted was just in answer to Dann's (AKA Glockman99) post about there being a rumor that Bob had left the company. I was pointing out where it all began. I do not recall you coming back to Bladeforums after you were told this was not true and setting the record straight, until now. If you did I apologize for not stating that you had done so.

IMO you are correct that if it was not OK to call Bob at home then Christina should not have given you his phone number. It looks like possibly a little passing of the buck was going on. Anyhow, it looks like you have made your decision as to your future dealings with R.E.K.A.T..

I would suggest that before you take those knives and sell them that you have someone make sure that the locks were not damaged. Even if you tell prospective buyers that the knives will not withstand the spine whack test, if the locks were even slightly damaged by your testing you could find yourself in legal hotwater for reselling them without having had them thoroughly checked over. If by some chance one of them does close on someones fingers you may be held accountable. Not the advice of a lawyer, just someone concerned with what could possibly happen to you. Why take the chance.

That’s right I did tell you that I was quitting REKAT. After I got off the phone with you I gave Chris a call and did just that. After talking it over with Chris I decided to stay with REKAT. So quit trying to justify not sending your knives back by trying to make anyone, including me, into a liar. If Chris did indicate in her email to you that I had blown you off that is because it is how she saw the situation at the time.
Bob Brothers

I know this is unsolicited, but I would advise JLK to just send his Sifus back to be checked out. Yes, I only have one of them, which I am completely satisfied with, and I know I didn't go through all the hullaballoo with REKAT, etc., but something tells me there was maybe miscommunication and loss of tempers all around here. If not, well, why can't you all start over and learn from any mistakes?

REKAT needs to either drop this forum (I hope not!) or spend at least an hour a week on it to stay in touch. Your company has a loyal following, and most of us are willing to put up with some inconvenience in order to own and appreciate and brag about these awesome knives!

Do I know who is at fault here? NO! And I don't really care, either. Just quit complaining and start "taking care of business."

I think I can speak for most of us knife knuts here when I say the following:

-I hope REKAT continues to be a successful knife company, and becomes even more successful, so you can both provide us with new designs, improvements, and scrape out a better living for yourselves and your employees, too!

-We like to talk about knives, and here, REKAT knives, so keep the forum going. Listen to your "admirers" (customers) and humor us a bit! Most of all, stay in touch here. It doesn't require an hour a day, maybe an hour or two a week at the most would keep most of us happy and would largely nip rumors and nastiness in the bud.

-Heck, why can't you make Glockman a moderator? Give him your special contact info and spend most of your time talking with him so he can update us. And don't forget to send him a new blade to test once in a while (I think he'd be happy with that). If not him, how about hiring some willing soul parttime to be your spokesperson?

-I think we all wish REKAT the best of everything, but I also think most of us believe you are ignoring some very basic customer service principles. Look up some of us who have businesses of our own and consult them for some advice!!!! (No, not me--I'se a security guard!)

Again, good luck,

Karl

Originally posted by Safety Guy
-...Heck, why can't you make Glockman a moderator? Give him your special contact info and spend most of your time talking with him so he can update us. And don't forget to send him a new blade to test once in a while (I think he'd be happy with that)...

Karl

"A new blade to test once in awhile"? Damn, I LIKE that idea!.:D.:D.

And as far as being a REKAT Forum co-moderator...Yes, I am certainly up to that "task", and I'm willing to do so.:).

Back