Attn Mick, Duane or whoever.

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
The more I deal with Strider, the less impressed I am with how you and those you surround yourself with handle yourselves. Instead of a private message, email or phone call, I find yet again that other forum members have to alert me that you are having problems.

Mick, both you and Duane have the ability to edit, close, and delete threads at will. If there is a problem with how you can or cannot moderate, I'd humbly suggest that 1. You learn to operate the software, and 2. If you have a problem, ASK FOR HELP. I have an easily found business number for daytime use, and I've even provided both of you with my home number on several occasions - if you don't bother to ask for help, then you need to take responsibilty for your own failures. Leadership actually requires that you lead, Mick.

Yes, I was at the SHOT show this weekend - where I was conducting business. I even announced the fact in the moderators section, where both you and Duane have access. No one bothered to mention problems to me when I was there, even when I stopped by your booth. Again, I have not received a single email, private message or phone call from either you, Duane, or any member of your staff regarding problems... but I understand. Communication is beneath you.

In the meantime, you and your sycophants are more than welcome to leave. It's not like you've been asked to provide anything other than your time and the slightest amount of effort to actually moderate. If that is too much for you, I cannot help you any further.

I'm not suprised by what I've read thus far. Disappointed, yes, but not suprised in the slightest. When you insult the forum, you insult yourself, because it is your own failure to moderate that has lead to your own dissatisfaction. You get out of it what you put into it. You have full control over your forum - your own failure to actually do anything proactive has lead to this situation. If you don't alert any of the staff to problems, or ask for advice or help, then you have no one to blame but yourself when you encounter problems related to their operation.

Kevin

The more I deal with Strider, the less impressed I am with how you and those you surround yourself with handle yourselves. Instead of a private message, email or phone call, I find yet again that other forum members have to alert me that you are having problems.

Spark are you trying to tell me that you had no clue any of this was happening!!?? Don’t you read the threads on your own message board??? I alone have reported about 5 of Swenson's posts to you. Maybe you wouldn’t have to “Deal” with Strider or any of us if you paid attention...

Spark are you trying to tell me that you had no clue any of this was happening!!?? Don’t you read the threads on your own message board??? I alone have reported about 5 of Swenson's posts to you. Maybe you wouldn’t have to “Deal” with Strider or any of us if you paid attention...

I would bet that he has probably seen a few, but there are a lot of forums and who knows how many new threads everyday...probably nobody has time to look at all of them. But hey, thats why each forum has its own MODERATORS....oh yeah, gotta know how to moderate and work the software. I moderated another forum once....the controls aint rocket science.

And although I don't think he cares that you banned him Ryan was one of the few around here who spoke his mind and the truth.

It would be stupid for anyone to expect Spark to look at every thread in this enormous message board but anyone could see the problems going on in here. 5 minutes of browsing this forum could have uncovered that.

I can't speak for Captain Spark, but speaking for myself I had no idea there was a problem on the Strider forum until a couple of minutes ago. Too many forums, and only 24 hours in a day....

Mick, you can always email me if you need help with banning a troll or whatever. I keep my email program set to check for mail every five minutes, and I'm online most of the time. (Whattaya mean I have no life -- I have a net connection don't I???)

I'm still not sure exactly what the problem is, or was. Is there still a problem? If so could somebody clue me in? My superpowers granted me by the radioactive cockroach empower me to fight evildoers all over Bladeforums, wherever I may find them ... but I have to find them first....

Now I've done some reading I'm beginning to get the idea.... Mick, you should have moderator powers. My guess is since this is probably the first time you've ever wanted to use them, you had some difficulty figuring it out. There are some helpful hints posted in the Back End, but considering how seldom you're likely to want to do any moderation it probably doesn't make sense to take the time to figure it out -- just email me or post in the Back End on those rare occasions. Some of the other moderators do it that way and there's no reason you shouldn't too -- you have more important things to do with your time than figure out how to work the software.

Spark gets buried in email even when he isn't at the Shot Show; you can usually get a faster response by posting in the Back End or emailing me (and the other supermoderators, too; let's not leave them out. You can email all of us at once and watch us race to get the troll ... we have a little competition going among ourselves....)

By the way, I noticed a complaint in one of the threads saying we were slow dealing with that dork who was posting the homoerotic feelthy peektures a while back. Actually we zapped him a number of times before he could even post, and other times within a few minutes of his first post. Of course we don't get any credit for that; when we really do our job well nobody notices....

It's true some of his posts stayed on the forums for hours before we found them. What can I tell you ... we don't have a legion of superheros poised with their finger on the ban button scanning the forums 24 hours a day....

Just one more note:

5 minutes of browsing this forum could have uncovered that.

Try spending 5 minutes each browsing all the forums at this website and see how long it takes you....

Most of the forums have moderators of their own ... the idea is they're the ones who uncover the problems, and either deal with it themselves or call in a super moderator. Meanwhile we're dealing with the problems on the forums that don't have moderators ... and sometimes we even find time to have a cup of coffee....

"I alone have reported about 5 of Swenson's posts to you."

I emailed Spark about one of the recent troll attacks myself. I never rec'd a response or saw any action taken.

Forgive me if I judge something is capable of being handled by the forum moderators themselves... and that if they are having difficulty, they will actually bother to ask for help. Again, the moderators of this forum have all of the same capabilities of any other moderator on this site. Instructions are readily available, along with plenty of willing assistance.

Im sure some of you have emailed Spark or whoever about some of these trolls. Im sure with all the forums and the knife shop that some emails get missed or there is simply no time to get everything done.

I have seen threads where people email knife dealers or makers (yes, including Strider) where the person finally comes to the forums to complain that numerous emails have not been answered, phone calls not returned or responses that "something will be done" but then nothing is done.

Most of the time the dealers or makers, and their customers will jump to the defensive to say "hey, I get dozens of emails and phone calls" or "Sorry, I just simply had my hands full and ran out of time". Hey, it happens. So, howcome if it happens to Spark in regards to this forum then he is accused of being "Swenson" or whatever the pricks name is, or he is accused of sucking the guys schlong. Hell, everybody is ready to insult the forums and Spark personally and have him strung up because he failed to answer emails. Guess he is held to a higher standard? If the knife company ignores ya, well they are busy....if Spark does, then get a rope!!

Dont Sweat it Kevin....big forum with lotsa trolls...you and most of the mods do an alright job though.

Boy, I too, did not know of the problems going on here. I personally don’t spend too much time in the various manufacturers’ forums.

Regarding help: Cougar is online A LOT and I'm always available. You can check the online status of any of the Super Moderators--Cougar Allen, Blues, Bastid, or me (am I missing someone?)--to see if we're online at them moment of your need.

I've posted my phone numbers in the Back End (in the past...they're still there...email me for them, if you'd like) and my email is also available (I have Cougar beat on how often it's checked when I'm online).

If the Strider folk would like or need assistance, there is an abundance of help here and willingness to be of support.

Well now you ALL know and as the ADMINISTRATION of BFC what ya gonna do?

Continue to say "if you do not like it here leave". How about realizing you have a serious problem that most of this community is aware of and address it?

Mick has an EXPECTATION that the administration of BFC is aware of what's going on. When the buck stops with you, the response; "I did not know" is not a good one and you guys know this.
As Bosses, the expectation is much higher. Maybe you didn't know, but damn-it you SHOULD HAVE known. That's the level that management is held to, PERIOD............

So, call Mick and Duane syncopants and insinuate they have no class. That's a fine way to keep great contributors to BFC contributing. Strider knives have a huge following and it's not just because of the knives they make. Duane and Mick are a gold mine of knowledge in the world of tactics, weapons, Close quarter combat and have never hestitaed to offer their expertise. I am saddened to see that no choice has been left to them but their leaving BFC.

And for me? I hate what is happening to BFC. I think it sucks. But I enjoy the hell outta BFC and I am not leaving [unless I am ousted]. I just find it more and more difficult to find much quality here anymore.[ Can you do tiger stripes in purple?]

I see it now got even worse......................

Originally posted by wolfmann601
Well now you ALL know and as the ADMINISTRATION of BFC what ya gonna do?

Continue to say "if you do not like it here leave". How about realizing you have a serious problem that most of this community is aware of and address it?

How about if you tell me what this problem is, start your stopwatch at the moment you send the email, and see how long it takes me to deal with it?

Just my take on the situation from one of the newest Moderators.

If I had a jerk of any kind come to the Forum I moderate,and stir up some doo doo,the first thing as a moderator I could do is, IMMEDIATLY move the post or thread into the"Back End".
Yes, Mick as a moderator has that capability the same as I do.Then it can be dealt with.
Then one of the "Super Mods" can ban, upon request, the culprit.No prob.
Mick can also edit, delete,close or do as he pleases to the post or thread.
Or he could ask for advice from the other Moderators in the Back End.
I know Mick a little from B.A.K.C.A and he seems like a good guy.My email and Private Message is turned on. Mick or Duane chose not to_Or did not want to.I know not.
This is a shame.
Hope it works out. Strider has always had something to bring to the table.
Just my .02
Randy

So the BFC administration is magically supposed to know exactly what is going on 100% of the day? Mick IS part of the Administration, as he has moderator powers. It is his duty to handle the problem and/or report it to other for help. I love the way you guys are trying to place the blame on anyone and everyone. Are some of you guys working hard at being this ignorant or are you truely just this stupid? Mick is a moderator and has moderator powers. He didn't ban anyone or ask for help banning anyone. He didn't notify the other mods in the back-end for help. If he's not gonna make an effort to do something about it, then he has no right to be bitching and crying when nothing is done. Just my point of view.

JR

Man, you guys pass the buck better than some small Town Politicians:p

Something is broken that needs fixing. You can play the "don't blame me game" and ignore this or kick butt and find a solution that returns peace.

no matter how you look at this, losing people as important as the Strider guys cannot be good...................

So many things are backwards here. You accuse Spark of attacking contributers, or as "important" as the Strider guys.

Read my above post, and also add: When the Strider guys tell somebody to phuck off it is met with cheers about how they tell it like it is. When they wrongly accuse Spark of not letting them have moderator powers, all jump on the band wagon. When Spark doesnt come here and kiss ass, then he is accused of attacking and not catering to them.

Look, its a forum that Strider and their customers want. The appointed moderators (the Strider guys) need to mind their house and take a few minutes to learn how to moderate. If you dont want to be here, fine then dont. If you want to be, fine, stay and moderate your forum.

As I stated before, if the Strider guys (or many other dealers/makers) screw up communications and dont deal with problems in a timely manner, they are excused since they are "busy" and "important" people. If Spark goofs, then again he is accused of sucking dick and attacking people. Then people dont care how busy he might be as "the buck stops here". How about everybody being held to that standard. Next time somebody accuses Strider of ignoring them an a problem with their knife, can we depend on the same people saying "Gee Strider fellas, wtf is your problem, I dont care how busy you are...THE BUCK STOPS HERE". Or do they get a special pass?

Just a couple things…
I have ZERO complaints about moderators, members or whatever. I don’t feel that another moderator should have to come to my forum for any reason but fun. Mr Cougar, Spark, I know there is a TON of **** to do. It takes me hours to do the small part that I do, you must be swamped.

But, I should not have to call anyone. I too am VERY busy. An e-mail or PM from a moderator should be answered. This IS NOT the first time I have tried to use my (non existent) editorial powers. Admittedly, I will not spend a huge amount of time to figure something like this out. If it doesn’t work, I ask for help. If help doesn’t arrive, I LOOK for help.

Each time I attempt to “play moderator” this is what I see:

vBulletin Message

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Each time this happens, I send off an e-mail and a pm…..which never returns.

“Leadership actually requires that you lead”
No **** jackoff! Look in the mirror.

m

Back