Attn Spark

I am with WTFOver on this issue. I hate to see the BS and the fact that some people only come here to stir up some x#@*. It would be nice to think that everyone would respect the wishes of the Strider guys when posting here, but obviously that hasn't happened yet.

At the same time, I would hate to see any form of censorship to deal with the problem as you risk the credibility of the forum if posts are allowed to be deleted. It is a tough call and I don't believe that there is going to be any easy solution.

On a final note, if indeed the SnG earned its name as has been suggested, then I feel even better about mine. Those two guys have been heros of mine for nearly 10 years now and this is a most fitting tribute to them.

If I was Mick I would not visit this forum any more until this is resolved, or maybe just not visit this forum any more!

Gary S needs a spanking! :(
I certainly hope he doenst run into Mick or Duane at any knife function!

Okay then,
In an attempt to check on my editorial powers, i tried to delete a post in this thread.

Lots of days of turmoil and bullshit over this....CLEARLY Spark knows by now that i do not have editorial powers.

STILL....

This will be my last post on BF

Spark, since my e-mails and pm’s don’t seem to reach you, and im not really interested in calling you, PLEASE REMOVE THIS FORUM.

See you guys somewhere else.

m

I agree with Mick. He should be given full range to edit, delete and expell anyone from his forum. Heck, without him there wouldn't be a Strider forum anyways.

Mac

Spark,

This is a tough one…

Mick has an excellent point. The Strider Forum reflects Mick’s and Duane’s style and work. “Some people” have come into your “House” and Mick’s “Room” and started trouble for no valid reason, without providing anything of value.

Calling a Maker’s attention to a problem, requesting information, or just sharing experiences are all valid uses of this forum but it has gotten a little out of hand at times. It is not “polite” to flaunt information that is clearly not for public dissemination or to beat an issue that has been already been addressed to death. However, I loath the idea of censorship, so I’m torn on this subject.

While the idea of removing “unpopular” or “undesired” posts would not sit well with me, I think that Mick should be able to, at the very least, have the option to lock a thread or post from view if it violates rules that are clearly stated in a “Sticky Thread” at the top of the forum. I do think that there should also be an “appeals” procedure so that a person could request a review by a “third party” (maybe one of the “Super-Mods”). I’m sure that Mick would not abuse this new found “power”.

Maybe it is time for some type of “Troll Hole” Forum that these threads and posts could be moved to, all locked, but still visible so that the shadow of censorship is reduced. I guess that Mick posted his request after the SnG topic. The AR/GB 3M adhesive issue was beat to death by someone and Mick seemed to put up with the P.I.T.A. fairly well. (Maybe it’s that “special” sheath of his that makes this possible.) But if the same user over and over again fails to understand the rules there should be a way for Mick to enforce them.

What I want to know is how did that putrid troll find out what the name stood for anyway?

I understand the concerns about censorship and all, but some things are worthy of being deleted. Let's don't invoke the constitution when it comes to the ground rules of an internet forum.

You mean I can tell Mick to "blow me", and there's nothing he can do about it?!!! :p

Mick, c'mon over to www.1911forum.com , I'll set you up. Us mods over there have The Power. Or The Force. Or The Mojo. Or The Clap. Or something.

Mick - BLOW ME !!!

Cool......................I'm still here, I guess Kevin hasn't fixed the problem yet. :p

I agree Spark this **** is nonsense. Mick and Duane sell fantastic products and there are members here who want to ruin that for them. They have both clearly explained what they expect from all of us here but there are a couple of guys that refuse to listen. Many of us are paying members and we want to be heard. Give Mick and Duane the power to remove the trash. Thanx.

I am very dissapointed with the blatant trolling going on over here...
swenson's last post was too much...
I am very dissapointed!
STRIDER secrets should stay where they belong...
I don't think I will be coming back here.

-colin

So all of this is over your inability to delete posts?

Mick, you have the exact same abilities as every other moderator on this site. We don't delete posts here because we may need them for action against the poster later. Anytime you need something removed, you could have moved the entire thread, edited out the content, or simply locked the thread down.

This works for every other moderator on this site. Only you seem to find this an issue.

I'm suprised that you refused to put forth the minimum of effort in this, but... whatever. Your choice of actions are your own. Instead of shifting the blame, maybe you should take a long look in the mirror at what has led you to this.

Regardless, I will shut this forum down. I am not going to continue to provide you with a service at my expense when you are more interested in using it to act in this unprofessional manner. Good luck to you... elsewhere.

Kevin

Back