Axes, Hatchets, and Hawks

JK Knives

Here is the thread where you can post pictures of your favorite choppers. I'll get some pictures of mine up tomorrow.

This one I found stuck in a tree with a broken handle.
The Demon was almost mushroomed out but it's still readable.:thumbsup:
DSCN0556.jpg

And this is a Vaughn and Bushnell Riggers Axe/hatchet.

DSCN0475.jpg

I had both for many years before finding out they were so old thanks to the good folks on the Axe/Hatchet Forum.
Before I just thought of them as tools, now I think of them as cool old tools.:)

I showed mine, so lets see yours.

This is an Estwing camp hatchet that is my dad's. My baby brother "borrowed" it and completely ruined the handle. It's in my to-do pile. Trying to come up with how I want to rehandle it. I've thought wood, but not sure how I want to go about that. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I thought we use to have this thread. Here are some pics of most mine. I'm on the phone so not sure I can get the videos of me throwing my JK hawks

Grunt, that Tuatahi is awesome. The choppers on our timbersports team use one. It is awesome to see race axes in the right hands.

Have you had a chance to get it dirty?

Yes sir. It's a monster. I probably don't do it near enough justis but it makes the chips fly for sure. I got it and the gransfor in a very favorable trade is the only reason I have em lol

Love vintage axes, great pics so far. Once I finish these 16 hour work days I'll try to play along.

DSC_2312.JPG

DBH ....

Best

mqqn

Back