Back by Popular Demand... What folder do you guys carry?

Riz!

Platinum Member
So my fellow Survivors! Obviously we like fixed blades, especially Survive! knives. What folder is usually in your pockets? What folder do you carry with your S!K? I wonder what Guy carries?

For me, I alternate between a Sebenza 25, Les George VECP and my favorite... A Southern Grind Bad Monkey. It hits all my wants and needs in a folder and is made by a small American business, which I love to support.

Here is a pic of the monkey

Last edited:
I spend most of my money on fixed blades right now, but recently bought a Ritter mini grip and love it. Like everyone i'd like to replace the scales, but haven't needed to yet...before that it was a cheap spyderco.

Would like to have a Sebenza, but haven't had the guts to pull the trigger on that purchase yet.

Wow! I like the Bad Monkey! That's Zac Brown's company I think. I carry a Benchmade Osborne 943, Spyderco PM2 and ZT 0770CF most often lately.

I carry a Griptilian with custom carbon fiber scales that I got from a guy here on the forum named igorded. He's in Russia, but it only took a couple weeks to get them. His work is exceptional.

I carry a Griptilian with custom carbon fiber scales that I got from a guy here on the forum named igorded. He's in Russia, but it only took a couple weeks to get them. His work is exceptional.

Grusty63, I have been looking at his and DOAT work, I think I want one from each which leads to a stale mate for now. So many guys on these forums do such great work! its hard to pick....

When I am in shorts, my current favorite is a ZT 0566. When I am wearing Dickies or jeans, I almost always carry my ZT 0392. It is a spectacular knife, and one I feel very fortunate to own. Fit, finish, design, materials, this knife has it all. The rest of the rotation is Houge ex01 auto (the best knife nobody is talking about), ZT 0562, ZT 0801, Spyderco Manix Cruwear or Spyderco Gayle Bradley. FWIW, the Hogue should get a lot more respect. It is another amazing blade.

PM2 here. I've come to really appreciate it after being skeptical at first. My mistake and now wouldn't be without one.

That Monkey looks nice, Riz! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Lots, but my go to is Strider. I rotate through Strider, CRK, and SAK...in that order. I throw in a Spyderco or Midtech every now and then too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428379154.966167.jpg

This Pioneer sees a lot of carry time, too.

wziKGw0.jpg

When at work I use a vanilla Para 2. Fancy events a small sebenza 21 or a custom. When out campping a TI framelock. Greyman, Emerson, Al Mar, ZT, Microtech ect.

Wow! I like the Bad Monkey! That's Zac Brown's company I think. I carry a Benchmade Osborne 943, Spyderco PM2 and ZT 0770CF most often lately.

It is Zac Brown's company. He is a knife knut like us and Emerson is his favorite folder. He licensed the wave opener and made his own design. It has really impressed me.

Benchmade 707 has served me well. Mostly just opens boxes. I carried a little Buck prince for a while before the Benchmade which did just fine as well. I have other folders as well but I usually just carry something smaller I'm not afraid to beat up (or pull out at work - office job) and the others stay looking pretty :-D

Currently my pocket favors one of my ZT 0770s the CF in M4 gets the most time it seems.Or one of my Insingos. If I am going to be out in the woods or know it may get used more I'll grab my Strider or ZT0566.

Ive almost exclusivly switched to my sebenzas, large or small 21's but if they are in the spa, my BM 531 gets lots of pocket time. I also carry a ZT 0452 cf for when I'm going somewhere sketchy, or around the ranch. Easier to open a flipper with gloved than a sebenza :D

ZT 0560. it's my only folder(s). Because of the machined titanium it's light and big enough to do anything I need, yet small enough to pass local laws. :) The Elmax is awesome.

Back