Back by Popular Demand... What folder do you guys carry?

Slysz is probably my most carried/favorite folding knife designer. In close competition with Sal/Eric at Spyderco.

a409583852c560f905e54438cad97380.jpg

Hey man! How do you like the Slyz. I have been eyeballing them lately.

I've had a couple of the Bencgmades that are being discontinued in the cart a few times before I stop myself. I liked the Ritter Grip a lot and the 710 looks nice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey man! How do you like the Slyz. I have been eyeballing them lately.

I love them! The ergonomics and functionality are outstanding.

The techno is my regular edc-blade in town. Small and looks weird, but excellent for all my edc-tasks, and stout enough that I trust it if I had to hard-use it.

The Bowie is just beautiful, very comfortable and great as a outdoorsy edc. The size is just between a small and large sebenza (but wider) which is perfect for me. Blade shape is great for me, but some might not approve of the point for some finer work. (It's not like the Millie)

The Chef is also very nice, but I'm not as in love with it as I thought I would be. I carry it a lot, the steel is awesome, the shape is great for kitchen work, but I find the angle somewhat limits me for edc chores (like peeling an apple), and I get some hot spots from the handle. It's not contoured like the Bowie.

All of them have the great low wire clip, and I also really like the CTS-XHP in the techno and Bowie.

Plus 1 on the spyderco Techno. I have 1 in my edc rotation and really like it. I have a ZT 0566 coming in the mail today and I'm looking forward to earning with it, too.

Over the past several months I've found that I am not carrying my folders but have started carrying my Leatherman Micro and occasionally my Wave.

My fear of their imminent demise led to these brothers showing up...
3ed49430bc8656f2058f016c0af8fc6f.jpg

Now to get custom scales....

My fear of their imminent demise led to these brothers showing up...
3ed49430bc8656f2058f016c0af8fc6f.jpg

Now to get custom scales....

I should, I really should, gah.

Where you leaning for scales? I love the looks of DOAT's contoured scales.

I just picked up my first ZT. The 0566 with black G10. Pretty nice knife, but a bit hard to flip. It's the assisted version so once you get it going it snaps right open. I like it, that's for sure. Put a crazy sharp edge on it (20 degrees per side, through the the ultra fine stones on the sharpmaker). This one has the Elmax steel and it takes a nice edge! Also, as a bit of an engineering geek, I love the machined parts...

ZyEV48bm.jpg
KiVfqyTm.jpg

Last edited:
I should, I really should, gah.

Where you leaning for scales? I love the looks of DOAT's contoured scales.

I have some DOAT micarta scales on my other Ritter mini and love them, haven't yet decided ho to proceed with the new ones

I just ordered an S35VN version of the Kershaw Link, I didn't even know that was a thing until a little bit ago. I thought the Link was great but the 420HC was not my favorite, looking forward to this.

Last edited:
The s35VN Link showed up yesterday. Looks good, the Speed Safe action is pretty smooth, and it's plenty sharp but either I'm being fussy or something is up with the tip.

f7fe0bf00f6b4166a9722180de5bd587.jpg

32f60a7200ec3158160a9dcf5e2c24f1.jpg

See how the belly curves back out when it comes to the tip? Not sure yet if it bothers me enough to email the seller back or not.

That's a feature. More material in an area that get sharpened a lot, at least by me. I would keep it.

This beaut just showed up today!
I've been wanting this version for years, but never wanted to deal with the supplier.
M390 and bright blue G10 are a great combo!

c4d243c56ebc0473e19a23ed10a84000.jpg

This beaut just showed up today!
I've been wanting this version for years, but never wanted to deal with the supplier.
M390 and bright blue G10 are a great combo!

I see yours hand and raise you mine! (indoor photo makes mine appear darker than yours taken in natural light, but in reality they're identical).

Honestly after having gone through a bunch of folders in the last year, I keep coming back to PM2 although some of my folders were almost twice the co$t! (didn't fall in love with any of my large Sebenzas 21 / 25: great frame, but blunt & dullish S35VN blades!). I found the Military a bit big even though I like larger blades. I had the Ti Mili but wasn't too fond of the RIL on that model. I could even step up to an entry level Shirogorov if I wanted to, but I can't bring myself up to spending $700-$1000 on a flipper. Even though $150-$225 is not cheap by any means for a mere folder, I will probably snap up another sprint run PM2, because can't go wrong with a PM2 in more superior steel than S30V as these suckers will just keep cutting, cutting and cutting!

xtaubme.jpg

Last edited:
Back