Back by Popular Demand... What folder do you guys carry?

These two are not quite so minty fresh. :D

Carried a PM2 of one variety or another almost exclusively for the past 5 years or so. Mainly the gray one, that was until the M4 came out. Wasn't too keen on the natural G10 do I had Mr Steve Ketchen make a new set in micarta. If anyone is ever in the market he does fantastic work. :thumbup:

I see yours hand and raise you mine! (indoor photo makes mine appear darker than yours taken in natural light, but in reality they're identical).

Honestly after having gone through a bunch of folders in the last year, I keep coming back to PM2 although some of my folders were almost twice the co$t! (didn't fall in love with any of my large Sebenzas 21 / 25: great frame, but blunt & dullish S35VN blades!). I found the Military a bit big even though I like larger blades. I had the Ti Mili but wasn't too fond of the RIL on that model. I could even step up to an entry level Shirogorov if I wanted to, but I can't bring myself up to spending $700-$1000 on a flipper. Even though $150-$225 is not cheap by any means for a mere folder, I will probably snap up another sprint run PM2, because can't go wrong with a PM2 in more superior steel than S30V as these suckers will just keep cutting, cutting and cutting!

xtaubme.jpg
I forgot that you scored one of these also. I have gone through a bunch of Striders and Benchmades but always come back to the PM2.
Being a lefty, these things are great!

These two are not quite so minty fresh. :D

Carried a PM2 of one variety or another almost exclusively for the past 5 years or so. Mainly the gray one, that was until the M4 came out. Wasn't too keen on the natural G10 do I had Mr Steve Ketchen make a new set in micarta. If anyone is ever in the market he does fantastic work. :thumbup:

Great looking set of scales!
That M4 takes a nice looking patina after a while.

I forgot that you scored one of these also. I have gone through a bunch of Striders and Benchmades but always come back to the PM2.
Being a lefty, these things are great!

Great looking set of scales!
That M4 takes a nice looking patina after a while.

And I keep forgetting that you're a lefty which definitely makes your options more limited so PM2s are tailor made.

Speaking of M4 steel, I may be able to pry CoiledWire out of his safe queen PM2-M4 with the KnifeWorks Peel ply CF (not keen at all on that ridiculous looking jade from BHQ!), but Coiled keeps warning me about the M4, because I think that he wants to keep his safe queen :D

I'll be happy with another $200+ sprint run PM2 for EDC folder rotation, as opposed to a 350-400 "others", till we see what Nathan will come up with in terms of his folder which is in the pipelines. I don't really know if the folder/flipper market is a good area for CPK to invest in but since Nathan's
work has its own cult following, I can't fathom CPK will have any difficulties selling a healthy batch of $500-$600 folders. It will be interesting to see what hardware he will use because Nathan objectively is all about performance and functionality whereas a lot of man-jewelry EDC folder carrying types
are more about, well; man jewelry :D Also, I have a feeling that they may go with D2 as their steel of choice, so it will be interesting as to how it will be received by the folder/flipper diehards! I don't see a Survive! folder in the pipelines any time soon.

And I keep forgetting that you're a lefty which definitely makes your options more limited so PM2s are tailor made.

Speaking of M4 steel, I may be able to pry CoiledWire out of his safe queen PM2-M4 with the KnifeWorks Peel ply CF (not keen at all on that ridiculous looking jade from BHQ!), but Coiled keeps warning me about the M4, because I think that he wants to keep his safe queen :D

I'll be happy with another $200+ sprint run PM2 for EDC folder rotation, as opposed to a 350-400 "others", till we see what Nathan will come up with in terms of his folder which is in the pipelines. I don't really know if the folder/flipper market is a good area for CPK to invest in but since Nathan's
work has its own cult following, I can't fathom CPK will have any difficulties selling a healthy batch of $500-$600 folders. It will be interesting to see what hardware he will use because Nathan objectively is all about performance and functionality whereas a lot of man-jewelry EDC folder carrying types
are more about, well; man jewelry :D Also, I have a feeling that they may go with D2 as their steel of choice, so it will be interesting as to how it will be received by the folder/flipper diehards! I don't see a Survive! folder in the pipelines any time soon.

That version of the M4 is a great looking knife and I agree that the piss yellow scales on the other ones is nasty.
I'd only hesitant with M4 only because you're a lot closer to the ocean than most folks. It's a great steel that holds a nice edge though.
I'm really hoping that Carothers succeeds in the folder market. Their knowledge of metallurgy, great designs and top notch quality make it tough to fail.
I'd still love to see a Survive folder based off of the 2.7 or 3.5.

This beaut just showed up today!
I've been wanting this version for years, but never wanted to deal with the supplier.
M390 and bright blue G10 are a great combo!

c4d243c56ebc0473e19a23ed10a84000.jpg

I see yours hand and raise you mine! (indoor photo makes mine appear darker than yours taken in natural light, but in reality they're identical).

Honestly after having gone through a bunch of folders in the last year, I keep coming back to PM2 although some of my folders were almost twice the co$t! (didn't fall in love with any of my large Sebenzas 21 / 25: great frame, but blunt & dullish S35VN blades!). I found the Military a bit big even though I like larger blades. I had the Ti Mili but wasn't too fond of the RIL on that model. I could even step up to an entry level Shirogorov if I wanted to, but I can't bring myself up to spending $700-$1000 on a flipper. Even though $150-$225 is not cheap by any means for a mere folder, I will probably snap up another sprint run PM2, because can't go wrong with a PM2 in more superior steel than S30V as these suckers will just keep cutting, cutting and cutting!

xtaubme.jpg

Those are GREAT LOOKING KNIVES!!!!!! Damn it.....I am sure I'll be posting soon to the "Knife purchasing while intoxicated" thread tonight...you guys are a bad influence!

Those are GREAT LOOKING KNIVES!!!!!! Damn it.....I am sure I'll be posting soon to the "Knife purchasing while intoxicated" thread tonight...you guys are a bad influence!

There goes your penchant for "clean living" and proclivity for "fancy footwork" :D

Ha!

I was just warning you that M4 is not stainless and you basically walk down the beach daily (ocean proximity tax). And since you just bought the M390 at the time, I suggested you see if you like the model first.

Go ahead, pry.

Bright blue. I believe its the Bento Box Store exclusive Para 2. M390 and blue.

Ha!

I was just warning you that M4 is not stainless and you basically walk down the beach daily (ocean proximity tax). And since you just bought the M390 at the time, I suggested you see if you like the model first.

Go ahead, pry.

Miser! Taxation without representation? :D

Here, then you'll really appreciate this. [emoji106]

N7J6Qxr.jpg

Heck yeah man!! Best colors ever!
I still have the blanket my grandpa bought me back in 1983 when we saw them play Cleveland at Mile High and I was freezing my ass off. At 5 years old, seeing a game was way better than going to Disneyland!
40b973f3c664edc608aa02b979367834.jpg

Heck yeah man!! Best colors ever!
I still have the blanket my grandpa bought me back in 1983 when we saw them play Cleveland at Mile High and I was freezing my ass off. At 5 years old, seeing a game was way better than going to Disneyland!
40b973f3c664edc608aa02b979367834.jpg
That blanket right there is legit! Those mink blankets are awesome in itself. Old school Broncos though, way cool.

Sorry any Cleveland fans here. You lost that game in '83, and almost everyone since against the Broncos. 😂

That blanket right there is legit! Those mink blankets are awesome in itself. Old school Broncos though, way cool.

Sorry any Cleveland fans here. You lost that game in '83, and almost everyone since against the Broncos. [emoji23]
Thanks bud!
My Dad's family is diehard Broncos while my Mom's family is Browns so it was a fun game from what I can remember.
Two drunk Grandpa's makes for great entertainment!

Sure, go Broncos! :D

Oh man!! That's a nice combo!
That cts-xhp model is my all time favorite. The dlc version doesn't do it for me.

Back