Back by Popular Demand... What folder do you guys carry?

Here's three of my four Kizers I just picked up, sandwiched between an S35VN Kershaw Link, Manix S110V, and ZT 0804.

For the price and build, USA makers need to catch up, now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pictures help huh?

ee82ebe42db79a19c1299bb99912f2bd.jpg

The Sovereign (blue/black handle) is the only Kizer that can switch to lefty carry. I don't have an issue with that, just saying.

That S35vn Kershaw Link just caught my eye!
How are you liking that one?
Love the shoot'sickles out of it. I don't care for AO but it's tolerable with this one. Very comfy, doesn't have shibby steel like the originals, could slap a ZT sticker on it and sell for at least $100 more.

Most importantly I suppose, it is superbly slicey. I've been using it regularly to skive leather.

It's an impressive looking knife!
I gave up on Kershaw years ago, but I might have to get one now.

It's an impressive looking knife!
I gave up on Kershaw years ago, but I might have to get one now.

I hope it goes without saying but if you want to check it out without dropping $$ on it let me know, I'll send it your way.

I hope it goes without saying but if you want to check it out without dropping $$ on it let me know, I'll send it your way.

I appreciate that bud!
I'll probably bug you in a month or two once I get all settled in to the new place.

Well, I'm not known for being the sharpest bulb on the chandelier, or the brightest tool in the shed; oh wait!!! Never mind, where was I?

After I recently acquired the Bento Box (not from them though) PM2-M390, I got the itch to get the Knife Works exclusive PM2 in CPM-M4. I found one on the Auction Site over the other side and luckily for me, the seller was willing to talk $ a bit. I took a bit of a risk because his photos were quite inferior but he had assured me that the steel was not blemished or "patina'd" due to oxidization and it was all his cr*ppy photos and how he had oiled the blade before he put it in the safe, box, papers, et al. When I received it, it was truly LNIB and better than I had expected, so I'm quite chuffed about it. The M390 had a bit of side-to-side blade play which I corrected by slightly tightening the pivot torx screw but that decreased the smooth action a bit. The M4 had no such issue.

So, now we go back to my first paragraph! After I gathered up the aforementioned two, I thought that something was missing! Yup, I started a quest for another sprint run PM2, but this time in Cruwear steel, just because I am both dumb, impulsive and a bay (that's three, no?). I managed to score one on the Exchange on Saturday, after I had failed on a couple of them as the sellers wanted a bit more than I was comfortable to pay for. Hopefully, I'll receive that one toward the end of the week, so I will have my 3 x sprint rum PM2s with awesome steel options at which time I will post some photos.

I luv PM2s as they really fit me really well. I know that's quite a bit of $ dumped into them with the higher grade steels, but one can easily sink $600+ just into one flipper folder these days and never dare to use it! I have had more expensive folders but IMHO, you can't beat the ergos, cutting ability and the ease of EDC'ing these PM2s (size & weight) as long as they fit you. Plus I think that their compression luck is just brilliant!

The pictorials which were promised, although I think quoting one's own posts ought to constitute the revoking of one's manscard! Good thing mine (kid's size) had been revoked a looong while ago :D

GBOv9hs.jpg

PBA24ZZ.jpg

I'm developing a like for Spydercos. I recently got the Gayle Bradley 2 in M4 and like it so much, and read such positive things about the original Gayle Bradley, I thought I'd pick one up. Now I can't decid which one I like more!! Really sharp edges... really sharp!

PuFKstwl.jpg

Tony, as my own recently presented evidence also has shown, I keep coming back to certain Spyderco folders for a variety of factors but in a nutshell functionality without breaking the bank; their superb ability to cut and keep cutting while not being a pocket anchor.

I'm developing a like for Spydercos. I recently got the Gayle Bradley 2 in M4 and like it so much, and read such positive things about the original Gayle Bradley, I thought I'd pick one up. Now I can't decid which one I like more!! Really sharp edges... really sharp!

PuFKstwl.jpg

Nice!!
I used to have the original GB and it was awesome! I might have to try out the GB2 after seeing the sight changes.

I recently bought a coldsteel ultimate hunter for work and I love it! I really beat the pissed out of it and it takes it like a champ . And the carpenter steel is just amazing 👍👍

Congrats man!
I wish I could get past my hate for that company because it looks like they have decent stuff.
After breaking two Recon Tantos years ago and getting tons of attitude, I dropped that company like a bad habit.

Hey, Grogimus, what knife is that in your photo to the left of the ZT, slim profile with what looks like a green canvas micarta handle?

Congrats man!
I wish I could get past my hate for that company because it looks like they have decent stuff.
After breaking two Recon Tantos years ago and getting tons of attitude, I dropped that company like a bad habit.
Yeah some of there stuff is decent but honestly your not really missing out on much

Yeah some of there stuff is decent but honestly your not really missing out on much

Their Finn Wolf was something I was interested in at one time. I'll have to look at their smaller folder lineup someday because most of their stuff is way too big.

Their Finn Wolf was something I was interested in at one time. I'll have to look at their smaller folder lineup someday because most of their stuff is way too big.
I was initially a big fan of there San mai , I had a pendleton and a master hunter but I just couldn't get over the "rubber" handles . But man what a cool steel

Hey, Grogimus, what knife is that in your photo to the left of the ZT, slim profile with what looks like a green canvas micarta handle?
Whoops, sorry I missed that. That's a Kizer Vanguard Begleiter. It's the only Kizer I picked up that isn't a flipper, nice smooth opening though. Scales are textured G10, pretty comfy. My only gripe is that it's not reversible for lefties. Well, and it's not USA made. Pretty nice for about $50.

Back