Back by Popular Demand... What folder do you guys carry?

Loving my KW Exclusive Millie too.

34439832981_a1b601151c_k_d.jpg

34408281592_d16592d8be_k_d.jpg

33727348214_46d351288b_k_d.jpg

Dam I was gonna get a millies too but at the last second grabbed a S110v manix , oh well sooner or later I'll gate one

IMG_2114.jpg This has a 4" M390 blade, a milled Ti handle, and a ball bearing pivot.

It's a Chinese knockoff of a design by the Russian maker Dmitry Sinkevich. It's called a Vespa which is Italian for wasp. I don't know where to get an original. I hope Dmitry can score some royalties from the Chinese company.

ZT should make that. The Sinkevich model above is the base for their 0452. Which I wanted to love and never could. As far as size and pocket feel, it was so close to my beloved Spyderco Military that I had to give it a chance. That stinking flipper is what ended up killing it for me

My preferred locks are Axis and button, but this Vespa is the smoothest flipper I've run into.

I've been EDCing a Spyderco Gayle Bradley that I picked up from Tony a few weeks ago. I'm really digging the M4 steel and played with it installing my garden and drip line system the last few days. I've been comparing it to the CPK EDC and both are great EDC blades. I just needed a folder because we have to open carry fix blade knives here in California.

Recently i got my hands on a steel will cutjack thats taken over my weekly rotation. I like it so much that i purchased a mini gekko as well. The gekko is an awesome knife but its a little much to edc.

I'll probably end up with a few more in the near future. I want the mini in o.d. and once i get my hands on that ill see which one i like more and get the better version with the g10 and ball bearings

I don't know that I'd ever own another CRK but their inlaid handles are wonderful.
Recently i got my hands on a steel will cutjack thats taken over my weekly rotation. I like it so much that i purchased a mini gekko as well. The gekko is an awesome knife but its a little much to edc.

I'll probably end up with a few more in the near future. I want the mini in o.d. and once i get my hands on that ill see which one i like more and get the better version with the g10 and ball bearings

Those look pretty nice and I'd been looking at a Mini Gekko for a while.

I've developed a liking for Chris Reeve Knives...
Wslvem9l.jpg
Can that right-handed Umnamzaan be opened with your left hand easily?
I'm trying to find the right semi-ambidextrous CRK because I can't stand left-hand only knives.

I'm trying to find the right semi-ambidextrous CRK because I can't stand left-hand only knives.

I have a Zaan (Star-Tac) and I am completely unable to flick it using my left hand because of the positioning of the lockbar. The only way I can open it left handed is by doing the arc motion by putting my left thumb's nail under the lockbar thumb stud and applying force while holding the pummel of the Zaan like I'm holding chopstick! As a right handed person, I can flick this thing open like Boom! It's the easiest flicking CRK I have ever owned but came dull with an obtuse edge out of the box, purchased brand new from Wilson Combat.

As an aside, I've pretty much given up buying used CRKs from the Exchange because the risk has been usually higher than the reward of saving that initial retail sticker shock factor. I rather buy from a reputable retailer knowing that if it's a dud, I rather send back! If you want a CRK, be ready to sharpen it once you decide that it's a keeper and also I recommend that you get the southpaw model for your own benefit.

I have a Zaan (Star-Tac) and I am completely unable to flick it using my left hand because of the positioning of the lockbar. The only way I can open it left handed is by doing the arc motion by putting my left thumb's nail under the lockbar thumb stud and applying force while holding the pummel of the Zaan like I'm holding chopstick! As a right handed person, I can flick this thing open like Boom! It's the easiest flicking CRK I have ever owned but came dull with an obtuse edge out of the box, purchased brand new from Wilson Combat.

As an aside, I've pretty much given up buying used CRKs from the Exchange because the risk has been usually higher than the reward of saving that initial retail sticker shock factor. I rather buy from a reputable retailer knowing that if it's a dud, I rather send back! If you want a CRK, be ready to sharpen it once you decide that it's a keeper and also I recommend that you get the southpaw model for your own benefit.
Well that kinda sucks.
Maybe a double stud 21 will work.

Well that kinda sucks.
Maybe a double stud 21 will work.

Well, it's that lockbar on the presentation side of a righty CRK which will be resisting the opening mechanism for a lefty because as a righty I feel that my grip is more tactile on the presentation side of my righty CRK by placing my palm on the none and then the three fingers on the clip. Hopefully I'm making sense but I just can't apply the same principles when I go southpaw because obviously my brain is wired for a righty!

Any reason you want a righty knife other than resale? In actuality, the lefty version doesn't sell for less, whether new or used (actually seems to fetch more) but obviously suffers a much thinner market base.

Last edited:
I can't open my zaan left handed, but I can the inkosi. The inkosi is much more ambidextrous.

Well, it's that lockbar on the none presentation side of a righty CRK which will be resisting the opening mechanism for a lefty because as a righty I feel that my grip is more tactile on the presentation side of my righty CRK. Hopefully I', making sense but I just can't apply the same principles when I go southpaw because obviously my brain is wired for a righty!

Any reason you want a righty knife other than resale? In actuality, the lefty version doesn't sell for less, whether new or used (actually seems to fetch more) but obviously suffers a much thinner market base.

I'm just used to unlocking the blade on right-handed knives with my left hand.
I've always wanted to try out a CRK to see what the hype is all about, but the lack of ambidexterity is a bunch of fooey! Haha!

Back