Back Yard Java....Battle Creek style

This morning I was in the mood for some back yard Java, so I got the stuff together and went out and enjoyed a very quiet morning watching the squirrels and birds while sippin' on some Battle Creek Java...:thumbup::)

The "Trekker" and "Lytle Creek":

Nice!

I really like the stove. I've got to get something like that. Is it the UL Emberlit?

Nice!

I really like the stove. I've got to get something like that. Is it the UL Emberlit?

I have both the Emberlit UL and stainless steel version. The one pictured is the stainless version. They are phenomenal little stoves and the fuel is free...:D

I agree those emberlits rock!!!! I've tried to make my hobo stoves mimic that of the emberlit to no avail....

how much difference are we talking in weight from the ul and stainless??

see coffee tastes so much better when made and enjoyed outside, especially when you have a trusty knife to help you along the way... :D

thanks for the post, its very humbling to see my knives being enjoyed and used... !!!

take care,
rob

I agree those emberlits rock!!!! I've tried to make my hobo stoves mimic that of the emberlit to no avail....

how much difference are we talking in weight from the ul and stainless??

see coffee tastes so much better when made and enjoyed outside, especially when you have a trusty knife to help you along the way... :D

thanks for the post, its very humbling to see my knives being enjoyed and used... !!!

take care,
rob

Rob,

The regular stainless version is 11.3 ounces and the UL Titanium version is 5.45 ounces. I've made several hobo soup and coffee can stoves, but the Emberlit is far and away the best small wood burning stove that I've used.

Rob,

The regular stainless version is 11.3 ounces and the UL Titanium version is 5.45 ounces. I've made several hobo soup and coffee can stoves, but the Emberlit is far and away the best small wood burning stove that I've used.
wow !!! that's a big difference in weight !!!! and way worth the extra money IMO... titanium isn't cheap :D

that and a Eureka Backcountry tent are on my short list for this fall/winter use.... I have a Eureka Apex 2 man tent and while its been a great tent over the years Its not exactly a backpacking tent... great for me and the boys but not so great by myself, and I'm going to have to get out this fall toward winter by myself this year I just feel it... :)

oh btw, when you end up having to sharpen your scandis use something around the 220 range, if you want it to have that serious bite... at least that's how I prefer it and I really don't like to exceed 400 when it comes to scandi... YMMV

take care bro,
rob

Back