Backwoods Custom Knives ~ Meet The Maker

bacustomknives

FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER
Backwoods.gif

Hi everyone,Im Bill Akers,As most of you know by now.Im an avid hunter and fisherman and truly love the outdoors,I have been a fulltime knifemaker for 8 years now,And have been making knives going on 13 years.I try to use the best materials possible to make each and every knife special and one of a kind.I do hand forge some of my knives,I mostly use the stock removal method at this time. I do it all in house starting with raw barstock ,profiling,starting my grinds ,heat treating to the finished product ready to deliver to you all.I do not have any hired hands in my shop,Im a one man show.Blade forums has been my home for many years now and I plan on staying here till I cant make knives anymore.This place has some of the finest people around,I have made more friends than one could ever think..As far as other makers go.Most would give you the shirt off there back to help you out in anyway they can.Aswell Id like to thank my suppliers of my carbon steels {Aldo Bruno & Admiral steel} My Damascus stock From { Larry Fowler & Rob Calcinore } And my San Mai Stock from { Larry Withrow }.And my Leather man { Carl Thomas }.A special thanks to them,They help me make my creations come to life. I would also like to give thanks to each and everyone of my supporters here on the forum and around the world that make my career in knifemaking keep moving along.You all are the best..Ill be updating the forum as I have time,So feel free to drop in anytime to just browse around, If you feel like starting a thread have at it.Make yourself at home..Thats what its all about.

Last edited:
Hi Bill! You make some wicked knives, super pretty and fun to use!!!!! I'm excited for you to get this forum rolling!

-Will

Hi Bill,

I'm brand new to the forum. I was just introduced to the world of custom hand made knives by my cousin. I've always been a tactical folder kind of guy and didn't realize the beauty of fixed blades. After just lurking around on this board, I just have to say that your stuff just blows me away. You've got the craziest scales and damascus steel. Sitting back and checking out all of your knives, they're just incredible. I know one of yours will more than likely be the first custom handmade knife I buy.

Thanks,
Derrick

Thanks Guys... Id like to get this forum up and running like the old one..Just need some fine folks here to help me out..
Thanks Bill

Boy Bill, your own forum, you sure have put in the time and it shows! Hold to see you here for a lot more years. Best wishes, Martin

Thanks Martin..Ill do it till I cant do it anymore buddy,That will prob be the day I take my dirt nap...

With the stuff you put out… I pray the dirt nap (graduation as I like to see it) will be much much later!

Just joined the forum,your work with metal and wood inspired me to join! I love your damascus creations-- true art!

Back