battle creek knives pics!

Nice work Rob! They just keep getting prettier & prettier :D Keep it up bro!

thanks!!!! here's one that was ordered with a thinner handle but lost contact with them before I finished the knife.. so I sold it to another member here.

tried a little something new with kydex liner..
IMG_3712_zps7c889620.jpg

IMG_3711_zpsbd2080ed.jpg

IMG_3715_zps3d7bf2bf.jpg

IMG_3717_zps35e41c6c.jpg

IMG_3719_zps70cc7e3d.jpg

IMG_3720_zpsac5d0f2b.jpg

Dude, I opened it up at noon, and it is sweet!!

I'm diggin it. Its a small package, perfect for tossin in a cargo pocket. Just what I was hoping for. It might even make a nice neck knife.

Very nice grinds and shaving sharp. Thank you!

LOL glad you liked it... it is a nice knife and I kinda like the thin handles just a tad bit thinner then what I'm used to putting out there.. sorry I just couldn't resist putting up a couple of my sorry photo skill shots... :)

Hello Folks,

This is the Creekster's first time out, albeit brief. The knife was very comfortable and controllable in the hand. I used the knife to drill a hole and produce some shavings or feather sticks. We got along very well!

I hope you enjoy.

Mark

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0116.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0117.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0118.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0119.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0120.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0122.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0123.jpg

Obligatory Knife Photos.
2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0111.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0112.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0113.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0114.jpg

2012_0929PhotosCameraMichael0115.jpg

WOW !!! you guys and your feather sticks are killing me, I'm going to have to brush up on my skills that's for sure...

Mark the pictures look great, love the etch on that knife simply beautiful (but I may be biased :) )... my pics never seem to do the knife justice but yours have.. You've really put it to use drilling that hole, incredible...

guys I stand in awe and am completely humbled to see pictures of these knives and taken back even more to see many of you guys taken a liking to them..

if there are any improvements you'd like to add or would like to see in the future please, let me know.. you're advice is greatly appreciated..!!!

Rob

WOW !!! you guys and your feather sticks are killing me, I'm going to have to brush up on my skills that's for sure...

Mark the pictures look great, love the etch on that knife simply beautiful (but I may be biased :) )... my pics never seem to do the knife justice but yours have.. You've really put it to use drilling that hole, incredible...

guys I stand in awe and am completely humbled to see pictures of these knives and taken back even more to see many of you guys taken a liking to them..

if there are any improvements you'd like to add or would like to see in the future please, let me know.. you're advice is greatly appreciated..!!!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your kind words. Keep doing what you are doing! :)

I like the Creekster I received for a number of reasons.

The spine of the knife is square (has crisp 90-degree edges) which offers me great utility. I can use the spine of my knife in a scraping action to remove bark, create very fine shavings, or create sparks from my Light My Fire (LMF) firesteel. The only down side of the square spine is that it is a touch uncomfortable when doing push -cuts with my bare thumbs. But I feel the utility offered here outweighs the minor discomfort. Plus, I have leather thumb guards if becomes that unbearable.

The knife is of the right proportions which makes it great for carving and whittling and is stout enough for batoning. This allows me to process wood and prepare kindling very effectively.

Yep, I think I like this knife very much!

I guess if I had my druthers, I would like to see this knife also offered with a blade shape that is similar to Ray Mears/Alan Wood Woodlore knife. I have several of these knives and am partial to them.

Thank you kindly. Take care.

Mark

Mark hope your knife is still serving you well....

Here's a few pics of my MANchete Golok 13 that I've had sitting on my workbench since September in various states of completion, we'll I finally finished it and shipped it off to Balding Eagle.. I can't wait to see the sheath he makes for this badboy knowing him its going to be awesome !!

MANchete Golok 13

Rob
Man oh man. That thing looks awesome!!! I am so going to cherish this. I will certainly post pics of the sheath I make for that bad boy. Simply beautiful Rob. Thanks so much!! I can't wait to show this off at work. Regarding your move........I wish you all the best. Being in the Air Force for 27+ years, we have made many moves, around the world and back. But, at least, we always had someone move for us. Moving yourself is a whole different thing. Good luck. As hectic as it may seem, it all comes together in the end.
And again, thanks so much for this beautiful blade!
Doug

Doug I'm just glad I could finally get it out to you.... I'll PM you the tracking info, and I'm really excited to see what you have in store for it... !!!

thanks!!!! here's one that was ordered with a thinner handle but lost contact with them before I finished the knife.. so I sold it to another member here.

tried a little something new with kydex liner..
IMG_3712_zps7c889620.jpg

IMG_3711_zpsbd2080ed.jpg

IMG_3715_zps3d7bf2bf.jpg

IMG_3717_zps35e41c6c.jpg

IMG_3719_zps70cc7e3d.jpg

IMG_3720_zpsac5d0f2b.jpg

I love the contrast on these handles. Did you make these scales yourself?

Mark hope your knife is still serving you well....

Here's a few pics of my MANchete Golok 13 that I've had sitting on my workbench since September in various states of completion, we'll I finally finished it and shipped it off to Balding Eagle.. I can't wait to see the sheath he makes for this badboy knowing him its going to be awesome !!

MANchete Golok 13

Hi Rob,

I'm so sorry for the late reply. Yes, the knife is still in service and doing well! I am thankful that I was in the right spot at the right time to purchase it. That is a neato chopper shown above. What wood is the handle made of?

Mark

lol... no problem I've been kinda slacking on bumping posts in this forum until I start slinging some sparks.... then maybe things will pick up a little around here....

that is curly maple in the pics..

lol... no problem I've been kinda slacking on bumping posts in this forum until I start slinging some sparks.... then maybe things will pick up a little around here....

that is curly maple in the pics..

I figured it was curly maple but wanted to be sure. That wood can just about make any blade look like it was from the 1800s. That is neato! Hopefully you'll be able to sling some sparks soon and on a regular bases to boot! Take care.

Mark

Back