Battle Rat, Trash and Hell Razor

rpn

Gold Member
Something to look at in this poor, shrinking forum!! :eek:

The Trash is only a few steps behind the Battle Rat as a chopper...that's amazing given the size difference...

''

"

Just got this new Hellrazor in...it's sr101...and the glamour shot....

Used it and the Trash to take care of the Christmas tree...the Trash dusts the Hellrazor as a chopper...I was surprised- thought the HR would do better!

This is after 15 chops...the Trash clearly has it...

Anyway...back to nothing happening at the Swamp forum...:grumpy:

On a more serious note, what I am planning to do is test the Hell Razor against the Trash, Esee 6 and Survive 7/7 (when is gets here!) and see that I think about knives in this range. The first three are so different that it's pretty amazing how similar sized knives can be so different and have a range of uses and philosophy of use...

To be continued!! :p :thumbup:

Very Cool!!

and yea, I agree, there seems to be more Swamp topics over on the other sub forum than here for a long time.

The Trash is only a few steps behind the Battle Rat as a chopper...that's amazing given the size difference...

I really liked the look of the Trash 2 when it came out. I should have grabbed one. Glad the Trash 1 is serving you so well!

It will be interesting to see how your tests turn out, and what you find that is unexpected, like the Trash chopping better than the Hell Razor. I was able to grab a used 1111 recently and am anxious to get some use on it as I've been wanting that or the 1311 for awhile.

That hellrazor is just so pretty...

I think I'm getting suckered in by fullers on knives recently...

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Very Cool!!

and yea, I agree, there seems to be more Swamp topics over on the other sub forum than here for a long time.

I know things can ebb and flow...but dang! This is the slowest I've seen it in my 9 years here!

I really liked the look of the Trash 2 when it came out. I should have grabbed one. Glad the Trash 1 is serving you so well!

It will be interesting to see how your tests turn out, and what you find that is unexpected, like the Trash chopping better than the Hell Razor. I was able to grab a used 1111 recently and am anxious to get some use on it as I've been wanting that or the 1311 for awhile.

The Trash is such a beast I think my even my nephew in the Marines and his buddies might have a hard time breaking it! ;) :eek:

That hellrazor is just so pretty...

I think I'm getting suckered in by fullers on knives recently...

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

I know, right?! I've been lusting after one for years...I thought it would have a more nimble feel to it and it would chop better...but it's balance point is just at the edge of the scales.

We'll see what the 7/7 is like! I enjoy my Esee a lot already...

Trash-1 does pretty well against green and small vegetation too

Very Cool!!

+1 to that, why is that so...:confused: more to look at, whats those pants!..;)

MfY7NiNl.jpg

Now there's a classic!

Would love to see and hold one of these...:thumbup:

Right?

I also should've grabbed a Trash 2. Oh well. There's always the secondary market.

Me too.

If Dan had kept the shape of the drop point of the Trash on the Trash 2, I would have picked one up. I love that blade profile.

Me too.

If Dan had kept the shape of the drop point of the Trash on the Trash 2, I would have picked one up. I love that blade profile.

Same here, there is something that didn't do it for me in Trash 2...

I agree, on looks it doesn't really do anything for me but thought it would be a thinner BATTLE RAT basically. Still havnt gotten out to test it. My plan is more as a summer heavy duty machete and the Rat a heavy duty winter knife. Well check back when I test the 2 side by side.

Back