bawanna gone walk about.

Bawanna

I'll be leaving in the AM for my annual pilgrimage to the sunny warm side of the state (actually be pretty durn warm on this side lately) to do some population control on bass and trout for a couple weeks.
The internet can sometimes be spotty or non existent. Sometimes works ok.
I'll of course be attempting to check in and check on daily deals if I can.
Hanging on the beach, fishing, and maybe even some shooting is grueling and tiring work but somebody has to do it.

You might not even miss me if I can get on and maybe you won't even miss me if I can't.

Be kind to one another.

I know there's no shortage of folks to watch out for and help Yangdu, if you catch any giving her a hard time, take appropriate measures. I'll help dig the hole for burial when I get back.

Have a great trip brother, enjoy the getaway. We got ya covered on this end. Have fun.

Remember when the bawanna's away the beavers come out to play, no I got that all messed up.

It's when Pugs is away the beavers come out to play, that works. Hmm might be able to use that. Send you on vacation and the rest of us will catch em when they come out.........................

I wonder if your new 15" Reti would make a good fillet knife?

Enjoy your vacation!!

Last edited:
I wonder if your new 15" Reti would make a good fillet knife?

Enjoy your vacation!!

Oh Yes sir it will! I could demonstrate it if I had some fish. Maybe when Bawanna gets back he can show us on one of them huge trout! Aint heard a peep out of him! He must be into a big mess of fish or something:cool:

bawanna be baaaack! Good time, great weather cept for a couple of windy days. About 5 minutes of sprinkle, not enough to knock the dust down.

Fishing was a might slow especially for Trout. Caught lots of Bass and Perch, it was slow too but at least we got a bunch, caught one really big one which was way cool.

I gave away my beloved CAK to a young man we see over there every year and have watched grow up.
He showed me a Chinese kukri like object, so I went and got my CAK and my Reti. That guy lit up, I kid you not. A couple days later after checking with his parents, he's about 15 or so, I gifted him the CAK and told him to throw away the fake.

He had about 6 buddies with him and their families and I'm pretty certain they will all be future HI customers. Another couple people wanted my Reti but I wouldn't give it up. Told them I'd try to get them one. I discovered it works great for melons, and also cutting pizza if you don't have an Ndog pizza cutter handy.

Just got home, have to unpack. I'll try to post a few pictures first chance I get.

The internet was hit and miss and finally quit all together for me so I'm kind of out of the loop.

Saw the recent Hanshee, kind of calling my name that one but I'll have to ponder for a bit.

bawanna be baaaack! Good time, great weather cept for a couple of windy days. About 5 minutes of sprinkle, not enough to knock the dust down.

Fishing was a might slow especially for Trout. Caught lots of Bass and Perch, it was slow too but at least we got a bunch, caught one really big one which was way cool.

I gave away my beloved CAK to a young man we see over there every year and have watched grow up.
He showed me a Chinese kukri like object, so I went and got my CAK and my Reti. That guy lit up, I kid you not. A couple days later after checking with his parents, he's about 15 or so, I gifted him the CAK and told him to throw away the fake.

He had about 6 buddies with him and their families and I'm pretty certain they will all be future HI customers. Another couple people wanted my Reti but I wouldn't give it up. Told them I'd try to get them one. I discovered it works great for melons, and also cutting pizza if you don't have an Ndog pizza cutter handy.

Just got home, have to unpack. I'll try to post a few pictures first chance I get.

The internet was hit and miss and finally quit all together for me so I'm kind of out of the loop.

Saw the recent Hanshee, kind of calling my name that one but I'll have to ponder for a bit.
Welcome back Bawanna! Glad all went well. Really missed you posting!

Here's a picture of the fella I gave my CAK (Lok) to. I suspect that's what I looked like when Yangdu gave me my first knife in person. (A 25'' Sirupati by Tirtha).
He carried that thing nearly everywhere he went after I gave it to him.
Dylan CAK.jpg
When we arrived the dock was messed up and I couldn't access for fishing or getting to my boat.
Not good. It's always the same people every year and they decided this was unacceptable. So Monday we rebuilt the broken part, floated it into place, fixed the finger piers, and added a new approach. One hot day but we made it all better.
Derelict Saw Man.jpg Dock Completion Testing.jpg Rebuilding the Dock 1.jpg
And a great picture of my happy grandson Lane. I call him L4 since he's really a 4th.
L4 Curlew.jpg

Yeah Daddys home, we been real good honest...... Looks like a great time brother and the little guy is a cutie for sure. Glad your back man.

Dang man! Thats an awesome story! That is one lucky lad to have you as a friend! I bet he was happier than you know! Next time you see him he will have that Khuk with him! You can bet on that! Sure a cool thing to see that pier gettin fixed up and I thought you were bringing that DeWalt chop saw to clean fish! Glad you had a good time and all worked out!
Pugs! Im not tellin if you dont! Uhhhh...yup all good Bawanna! All good while you were gone:thumbsup: Everything totally under control:cool: We done good! Nobody walked the plank:rolleyes:...
Lane sure is a handsome one!

Really nice Mr. B! Looks like you all had a good time. That boy there is smiling ear to ear, and I'm sure that CAK will be a prized possession for quite some time. Lok is one of my favorites, so that kid has one hell of a CAK. I've seen more pics on FB of your trip, it looks like it everyone had a grand time! Welcome back old man, we missed ya

Both them boys be smilin' super. You be a lucky man, Joe. I'm happy for you. I gotta say sumthin' here, though. When you got that first gift knife, you, my friend, was not just smilin', you was GLOWING INNA DARK!

Hmm.... must mean I'm overdue to give away my first HI.
I was waiting to get some duplicates first! they do seem to multiply...but the offspring aint like the parents haha!

Back