<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

Congrats tj!

Checked out Strava today and recorded my first run with it. Ended up posting to FB. 4.4km (2.73 miles) in 22min. My first km took me a little longer because my running partner was too busy going to the bathroom. Averaged a 4min 30sec / per km, I want to get that down to 4min. Then I did some physio work and stretching :thumbsup: Got an armband for my phone, going to get some stats going doing the same route trying to improve.

2.5 mile run this morning with a bit of stretching. tired today, week is almost done weeee.

Thanks Mike!
Looks like it'll be a nice add-on to my phone.

Trailbum - sorry I overlooked you question there.
Yes - GREAT movie. Fidgety 11 year old was entranced and now wants to BE Wonder Woman. Jaded 12 year old says "Well, it was a pretty good movie. Not the best ever or anything. But probably the best of the DC comics." Which is high praise from her... My wife and I enjoyed it.

Haven't tried Strava yet. Map My Walk froze up on me yesterday. Even after a reboot, it wouldn't "Begin Workout." So I'll probably download it today. Luckily my phone defaults to tracking steps anyway.

Walked 4 miles yesterday. 2.5 with the 15 lb pack.

Yesterday did a 2.5 on the treadmill, after was some stretching! Then later in the evening after work I moved 56 rolls of sod and got my backyard covered :thumbsup:

Rest day today! going to be on my feet most of the day, I should start counting steps lol.

Been slacking on official working out for the past couple weeks. Been a hectic time at work and I feel like all I do is work and sleep. Next week should be better though. I work in a large university department that runs commencement for our graduates and Monday is the big day. that's gonna be a lot of walking around and herding people all day. Then things should chill out at work by quite a bit. I'm in the third trimester now, 28 weeks! Gotta get back to the workouts so I'm ready for September :)

Woke up today to a rain storm, the kids joined me in the basement for my workout. Ran 2.8 miles on the treadmill then did some core work and stretching.

Went for a 6 mile hike Friday with a 10lb dumbbell in the bottom of my day pack.
A little hot, but an absolutely gorgeous day. And a tremendous location. Woods, exposed fire roads, even a little marsh. The high point is only 2500 feet up, but it's one of the only spots in the Bay Area from which - on a clear day- you can see Mt Hamilton, Mt Diablo, Mt Tamalpais, Mt Uhmunhum, the SF Bay, and the Pacific Ocean all at the same time just by turning around. It was a very clear day!
Wound up walking a total of 8 miles that day.

Yesterday I changed the oil on both cars, inadvertently changed the wife's transmission fluid, and mowed the lawns. Managed to walk 5 miles.

Today, I sit!
Well, probably not. But it's a nice theory.

2.5 mile jog with the dog this morning. Little bit of stretching througout the day. Saw the chiropractor today, he was extremly impressed with my recovery and how much flexability / range of motion I have. :thumbsup:

That's great TBL!

I was good on my word. Think I got in a whopping 3000 steps yesterday. But plenty of beer and BBQ. Plus, it was 100 degrees here.

Rest days are needed!!

I know because I took one today lol. The weather system here has been rough. I took some advil and went back to bed this mornin.

I should start taking my own advice..... 2.8 mile run this afternoon pushing the jogging stroller and dragging the dog lol. Now for stretching!!

Last edited:
Hmmmm... I think I'm going to try and get in on this. Don't know about this "beachbody" concept though lol. I'm 18 weeks pregnant as of today and I haven't done much as far as physical fitness despite really needing to. Recently I finally seem to have stopped barfing though, so yay! nasuea only lingers in the evening. Lately all I've been doing is going to the gym 1-2x a week with my friend and doing about 20 min of cardio and a little weights/stretching. It's not much at all compared to what I used to do, but my friend and I were talking about how we're going to try and up the intensity each week for the next month to try and get back on track. I'll try and post here for a little accountability. I guess I'll dust off my fitbit and try and get some more steps in too :) Good Luck everyone and thanks GSOM for getting this party started.
Congrats airyca!!!!! That baby is gonna have one awesome knife wielding momma!!!! Lol. Congratulations on the baby!!

2.8 miles yesterday morning with some stretching. Time to see where we go today!

edit: well at the advise of one of my old supervsors that i keep up with on FB. I slowed my pace down a little this morning and went for a little further distance. Covered 5.1 miles in 42min :thumbsup: time for some stretching!

Last edited:
Yesterday I also covered an extra mile. We went to the park and while the kids were playing I decided to go around the 400m park trail with the dog a few times. I sprinted it once to see if I could break the strava segment record :D I was off by a few seconds but I'm the fastest time this year. Right after I did that, my calves locked up lol. Rest day for me today!

Back from vacay to visit the fam out east. Too much food, too little workout.

4.8kms last night walking the dog around the park whilst the rugrat played.

Been resting the past few days. Had a little incident with the dog I'm not particularly proud of that ended up with me in the emerg lol. We had just finished letting her out to go to the bathroom and all she wanted to do is play, so we get back into the house and she decided to crap in my TV room (very uncharacteristic of her). I went after her for that but she darted into the basement... where she promplty emptied her entire bladder onto the basement floor (its unfinished not really a huge deal). She was scared because I was mad (livid would be more accurate), and I chased her to her crate(her 'safe' place). I wanted to bring her down to it and kinda rub her nose in but she didn't want to leave. In my anger I grabbed her by the choke collar and heaved enough to yank the entire 140lbs dog from the crate. She ended up choking and responded by letting me know she had had enough and gave me a nip on the hand. Didnt shake, didn't grab it or anything, just a 'back off' kinda warning to let me know I've gone too far. I get it, its completly my fault, and I feel like shit for treating my running partner / buddy like that. Problem being I just had two 1.5 inch long K9's sunk into my hand lol. Seems my life is one non stop recovery from my crappy decisions and random crap lol. I tossed the choker collar in the garbage and invested in a harness. Going to see if I can hooke it up to a sled or running stroller :D

Tomorrow I'll start at it again.

trying out a new style of shoe yesterday: LEM's.
0 drop, ultra-lightweight, almost like a cross between an moccasin and a chuck taylor high top.

2 miles of river trail at a brisk walk = no problem.
2 miles of walking on pavement = sore feet.

Been resting the past few days. Had a little incident with the dog I'm not particularly proud of that ended up with me in the emerg lol. We had just finished letting her out to go to the bathroom and all she wanted to do is play, so we get back into the house and she decided to crap in my TV room (very uncharacteristic of her). I went after her for that but she darted into the basement... where she promplty emptied her entire bladder onto the basement floor (its unfinished not really a huge deal). She was scared because I was mad (livid would be more accurate), and I chased her to her crate(her 'safe' place). I wanted to bring her down to it and kinda rub her nose in but she didn't want to leave. In my anger I grabbed her by the choke collar and heaved enough to yank the entire 140lbs dog from the crate. She ended up choking and responded by letting me know she had had enough and gave me a nip on the hand. Didnt shake, didn't grab it or anything, just a 'back off' kinda warning to let me know I've gone too far. I get it, its completly my fault, and I feel like shit for treating my running partner / buddy like that. Problem being I just had two 1.5 inch long K9's sunk into my hand lol. Seems my life is one non stop recovery from my crappy decisions and random crap lol. I tossed the choker collar in the garbage and invested in a harness. Going to see if I can hooke it up to a sled or running stroller :D

Tomorrow I'll start at it again.

'Sokay TBL; all dog owners have been there at some point. I once hauled and punched my dog in the side of the head waaay too hard 'cause he jumped up and nipped at my girl on the chin while they were playing in the yard. Side of his face actually puffed up. I don't think he made eye contact with me for two or three days. Felt like crap. Good thing is, they seem to have poor long term memory...or are just way more forgiving than we think (are?).

TBL - sorry to hear about the dog issues.
I wonder if perhaps she was ill or injured or something - that could make her display such uncharacteristic behaviors. If she's still weird after the hand gets handled, you may want to get her looked at, too.
Just to be sure.

Received the step counter. Daughter charged it up and tried unsuccessfully to pair it to my phone. I was too busy doing chores and detailing the car to play with it.
Logged about 5000 steps on the phone, but it wasn't in my pocket most of the evening so probably did quite a bit more.

Camped over the weekend. Walked and biked a bunch, split some wood, but didn't log anything. Not quite hot enough to swim.
Sunday was the girls' big dance performance. I thought I was gonna sit on my butt all day, but mowed the lawn anyway. Between that and the lack of parking near the venue, I managed to get in 4 miles that day.
Today is the machine-polishing the car, so I probably won't get out for a walk tonight. Need to do a couple solid trips with the rucksack - backpacking trip is next week!

Back