<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

helped a coworker rearrange half their house -- furniture from basement upstairs, from upstairs to the basement.....
then buttoned up their partial dropped ceiling -- it was missing a bunch of track and several partial tiles.

no, it's not fancy weight lifting, or structured walking -- but it's moving and doing stuff i don't normally do.

Thanks for doing this GSOM!

Rode the bike 2 miles and walked 1 last evening, going to do the same this evening.

You're more than welcome. Glad to have you on board.

helped a coworker rearrange half their house -- furniture from basement upstairs, from upstairs to the basement.....
then buttoned up their partial dropped ceiling -- it was missing a bunch of track and several partial tiles.

no, it's not fancy weight lifting, or structured walking -- but it's moving and doing stuff i don't normally do.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I started this thread. Good onya, Erik!

Got back into the pool tonight for 1600m. Feeling better. Came home, got my girls to bed, then made myself a salad for dinner. It was a pretty nice salad. I used two different knives to prepare it, my kit/homemade Zhen nakiri for the cuke & romaine, and the Wusthof 6" chef for the multi-color, baby carrots. Real feta, sunflower seeds, orange "craisins", croutons and a hard-boiled egg, with Trader Joe's Greek dressing. Prolly still a calorie bomb - but it felt healthy....

34109493586_48b24ac188_b.jpg

Ran 10 miles this morning. I have a half marathon + 5K back to back coming up on 5/6 and due to lots of time spent taking care of my elderly parents this spring I have been unable to train for these races in the manner I usually do so I'm attempting to make up for lost time by cheating and skipping months of buildup. This morning was a suckfest (and I REALLY love running) because you just can't cheat physiology. But I did it, and the hay is in the barn so to speak. Next week I have to cheat even bigger and get 15mi in, but I'll manage. ;)

Wusthof 6" chef was probably my favorite knife in the kitchen until I got that smaller Becker Santoku in the kitchen knives set....

Just push-ups, crunches, and about 3 miles walk.
Salad for lunch pretty much every day. Grilled salmon on spinach with tomato-bacon jam today. But they made me eat pizza tonight.

Held a plank for a minute this morning.

Veggie Power salad with Rockfish to counteract last night's pizza. I'm sure the American Hero Amber helps...
Still, the first time kale didn't suck.

I forgot who's strawberry wheat went with the salmon yesterday, but it paired well with the bacon jam.

Tuesday, Whannamango was nothing to write home about alone, but with seared scallops and roasted pears it was out of this world good.

Ahhhh, business trips.
Sure beats chicken caesar eaten al-desko.

Yesterday I rested and stretched. Today I ran 2.5mi, did my physio work, and then stretched.

Get to see the surgeon again tomorrow. 3 month check up, me thinks ill get cleared for full activities.

Mowed grass and weedeated from one till sunset, with a little break for sharpening the old Plumb Cruiser and chopping a couple trees with it. Not very strenuous but long. My back shouldn't hurt this much at 17.

Walked 3 miles. Looking forward to carrying a light pack and doing some structured ones again soon. Maybe even a hike!

But that's all it takes! the increase of regular daily activity. :thumbsup:

Need an excuse to wash the car / truck? do some yard work? also not structured but requires lots of movement.

This morning I slept in. I sprinted 1.5 miles in order to get a tiny run in, then I did my physio work on my shoulder. Maybe later today if I have time I'll do a little more.

I'm taking care of my dad (he's living at my house right now and has dementia) I needed to take care of some banking for him; boring easy stuff like check balance & deposit. I ran the 6mi round-trip to the bank and back just in time to join a mid-afternoon conference call at work, aka nap. I've found working errands into by exercise is a fun twist and helps get more things done the same time window.

Been a light week, for me - just wasn't into it. Pushups & planks twice daily to pick up a little of the slack, a two mile walk each evening, and one day of low/med weight leg training. Might have to do some more physical stuff this weekend to make up for the slop in my diet over the past 2 days.

Been slacking on getting on here, but I've been moving as much as I can! My friend and I hit the gym a couple times last week and once this week. I upped my iron intake because I'm a touch worried that's why I've been so tired lately is due to lack of iron. I tried to do squats this week and it was embarrassingly hard. I know my muscles can do it, but I'm pooped! It's all good though, I feel a little better today so after a week of extra iron I have hopes that I figured what it was that was making me so tired. (aside from making a human) I have been intentionally getting out and walking during my lunch hour to get steps in. It was actually sunny today and it was absolutely wonderful. Hit 20 weeks in the pregnancy thing yesterday and my stomach has finally decided to pop out which is good because I was wondering where the heck the little one was hiding. Fun side note: Yesterday we found out that the little ninja in my belly is a boy! I'm so excited!

Been slacking on getting on here, but I've been moving as much as I can! My friend and I hit the gym a couple times last week and once this week. I upped my iron intake because I'm a touch worried that's why I've been so tired lately is due to lack of iron. I tried to do squats this week and it was embarrassingly hard. I know my muscles can do it, but I'm pooped! It's all good though, I feel a little better today so after a week of extra iron I have hopes that I figured what it was that was making me so tired. (aside from making a human) I have been intentionally getting out and walking during my lunch hour to get steps in. It was actually sunny today and it was absolutely wonderful. Hit 20 weeks in the pregnancy thing yesterday and my stomach has finally decided to pop out which is good because I was wondering where the heck the little one was hiding. Fun side note: Yesterday we found out that the little ninja in my belly is a boy! I'm so excited!
Congrats on the son!

Congratulations Captain!
Is that why you aren't posting from BeckerWest?
(I'm on a business trip out East.)

Push-ups, crunches, 4 mile walk, and a delightful salmon Thai salad.

My timing's off, this being Friday and all, but no beer today.

Played with the kids yesterday at the park. Tired me out a bit. Did my stretches. Was thinking about going for an early morning run today but I decided against it. Going to listen to my body and rest a little more.

edit: With company coming over today I decided that I would need to get the dog out to exercise. Instead of just going to the dog park, I took her on a 2.5 mile run :rolleyes:

Congrats on the boy cap! Don't get down about feeling so tired! You're growing another human! That takes a ton of your bodies resources! Worlds largest parasites ;) but entirely worth it in the end!

My little girl turns 5 today! Oldest is turning 7, and youngest is almost 3 (both boys). I've seen these things. Just wait a little while longer, every time they stretch you'll see it!

Last edited:
Back