<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

Held a plank, and walked about 4.5 miles today.
Atlanta airport is huge!

speaking of the Atlanta airport - how bad is traffic on I-75 at 9AM on a weekday -- I'm supposed to pick Jim up when he flies in for Blade show.

Meant to reply to this earlier, but then life got crazy (I'm moving atm, so the last two weeks have been lots of packing and logistics like shipping vehicles, etc. As of this morning, I'm moved out, and in limbo until our home gets completed next month), and forgot.

I think this is a great thread. My personal motto has always been to exercise as often as is inconvenient. If you wait until you want to work out, you're likely already behind the curve (imo). Also, I have been the type that always tries to work out fitness into all aspects of life, to help me on those days I can't get out and do something more substantial. Case in point, I always take the stairs (even the 7 floors to my professors offices at college), I do a couple squats in the shower while I wash my hair, and make myself do a few pushups any time I get off the floor.

Friday 4/14 I played Futsal for an hour and a half-ish, and rode my bike for ~6 miles. Its something I used to do regularly, but recently I've been either sick, or too busy with packing/etc to play. It was nice to get out again.

The upside with moving though, is that I got to do more weight lifting lately :).

Hopefully things settle down for a while, and I can get in some more exercise. I've already got a ~20 mile hike lined up with a buddy of mine two weeks from now.

I've been in a bit of a funk for a couple days. Not worth getting into details; other than to say I've not forced myself to exercise. I worked last night, though; and, in the last 7 hrs (tracker resets at midnight), I did just a hair under 8000 steps and 18 flights.
Only slept about 40 minutes today...may get 2 hrs by morning; so what happens tonight will depend on that.
Tomorrow, I'm hopeful that my morning will be a funk buster. If not, I'll push myself physically to help clear my thoughts.

moved some stuff to the attic, did a pasture wander (about a mile & change round trip), tidied up in the barn, set up the forge, and showed a guy how to convert a used mower blade into a parang.

speaking of the Atlanta airport - how bad is traffic on I-75 at 9AM on a weekday -- I'm supposed to pick Jim up when he flies in for Blade show.

Not a clue. Never left the airport. Just a connection between Baltimore and San Francisco.

Today, push ups, crunches, and a total of 4 miles walked. 2 1/4 with the 15lb pack.

Last edited:
Miserable 4.8kms dog walk yesterday in the falling slush. So done with this stupid winter.

Also doc gave me go ahead to start strengthening exercises for my shoulder/neck area. Will start up a push up regiment or something this week sometime.

Saturday my family worked together sorting and packing up my parents stuff before the move deadline next month. A buddy and I pushed/dragged a great condition but dead motor '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited onto a trailer to deliver to my house 40mi away for a future project. got in 12,000 steps and plenty of lifting/hauling/pushing.

Sunday was my "rest" day, but I have 4 small kids so "rest" is a loosely applied term in my house. Went on a hike with my eldest son's Trail Life patrol in a park, it ended up being about 2.4mi with a 30lb pack that also included my BK14/BK4 bushcraft setup.

Today I ran 5.1mi roundtrip to the bank and have yard work and playing with the kids for later on this evening.

I rode my bike yesterday a little over 30 miles, more than a little bit underdressed. I kept trying to experience the cold breeze coming off the Gulf of Maine as "refreshing". Sometimes, when it's Spring and the sun is out, I forget that I still live in New Hampshire. As the weather gets nicer imma try and squeeze in a few (shorter) midweek rides. Felt OK after. Today I shot my bow - and realized that I need to do some core strengthening.

For the Beckerheads:

33385796344_e310b9b426_b.jpg

34096433092_635fb0e911_b.jpg

Rested yesterday, Rested today. My legs are sore, and I got the burn of shin splints. The difference between running outside and on the treadmill kills me in the beginning of the season. Will get back to it tomorrow. Also need to hunt down some thera-bands. I got the approval to use them for some light work on my arm/ shoulders. After work today I'll stretch and do my physio work.

Ran 2.5miles then did some very light weights for shoulder exercises and physio work!

Hit the pool last night for 1500m of swimming, then I got the fins out. Managed 50m before the cramping and muscle seizures brought me to a halt. Gonna have to work up to the legs part of swimming. I like the pull buoy (little floaty thing that goes between your legs (yeah, I'm well aware of how it sounds - so settle down) so you don't have to kick) a little too much, and I actually swim faster with it than without it. Trying to use it less. Anyway....nice to see all the participation. Talked to @raysettanta a couple days ago - and since he hasn't chimed in, I'm calling him out publicly, as I promised him I would. RAY! It's all about participation in WHATEVER capacity you can. I'm including your name in the proceedings - so post up whatever you've been up to, even if you think it doesn't count - 'cause I think it does. Health challenges? We've all got 'em, to a greater or lesser degree. Plus, I'll be doing a GAW or two in the next few days....so stay tuned.

2.5 miles run + stretching and light physio work

Any thought to working on your weakness first Mike? Ya, you won't get the same numbers in; but over time you'll notice improvements. I was always told to change it up as often as possible. Try attacking the same workout in different ways. Each time you'll get different results but overall you will improve.

As it turns out I was just at the beach in San Diego.
I did a lite workout tonight. A little back and arms. I am preparing for a couple of 5K mud runs the summer one will be a warrior dash. So this might help me train.
Thank for the contest.

Hit the pool last night for 1500m of swimming, then I got the fins out. Talked to @raysettanta a couple days ago - and since he hasn't chimed in, I'm calling him out publicly, as I promised him I would. RAY! It's all about participation in WHATEVER capacity you can. I'm including your name in the proceedings - so post up whatever you've been up to, even if you think it doesn't count - 'cause I think it does.

OK, OK. Keep your voice down.:) Well, I went up and down the cellar stairs six times today. Two more times than usual. Mainly because I forgot to take the Milwaukee bit set and had to go back up to get it. Doesn't compare to your 1,500 miles in the pool though but I'll do more in the future. While downstairs, I rubbed some antique carving tools against some diamond plates for about two hours. Practiced some carving. Then, using hand tools only, sawed and planed a bunch of boards for some shelving. Tired now and my shoulders and knees hurt. I hope you're happy, Mike.:p

Lol Ray is going to turn this into the GSOM made me tired and sore thread lol

All your fault Mike! I ran 4.5 miles in total today. 2.5 this morning and 2 now with the dog. Also did my physio work. Got a theraband with some strong resistance, working my slow and controlled movement with my arm. Also strengthening stability in the rotator / chest.

Back