<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

2.5 miles run + stretching and light physio work

Any thought to working on your weakness first Mike? Ya, you won't get the same numbers in; but over time you'll notice improvements. I was always told to change it up as often as possible. Try attacking the same workout in different ways. Each time you'll get different results but overall you will improve.

Yeah, might go with the fins first next time out. Been trying to swim more WITHOUT the pull buoy. Funny what I've gotten used to.
+
OK, OK. Keep your voice down.:) Well, I went up and down the cellar stairs six times today. Two more times than usual. Mainly because I forgot to take the Milwaukee bit set and had to go back up to get it. Doesn't compare to your 1,500 miles in the pool though but I'll do more in the future. While downstairs, I rubbed some antique carving tools against some diamond plates for about two hours. Practiced some carving. Then, using hand tools only, sawed and planed a bunch of boards for some shelving. Tired now and my shoulders and knees hurt. I hope you're happy, Mike.:p

This has made me VERY happy, Ray. So glad you decided to join in. And I will gladly take the blame for any soreness or tiredness....since you are there, and I am here, and there ain't sh!t all I can do to alleviate or ameliorate your situation. Shouldering the blame costs me nothing, and I'm pleased you decided to post here, doing what you were going to be doing anyway ;).

No formal workout for me today, though I did carry a 12' step ladder into a supermarket today, climb up and down and walk back and forth from the back of the store to the front about 50 times. Still couldn't get the stoopid camera to work. And, to get the 12 footer off my truck, I have to get out the 4 footer, climb up to undo the straps, take the 8 footer off, lean it against the truck, get the 12 footer off, lean that against the truck, put the 8 footer back on the rack so it doesn't grow legs and put the 4' one back in the truck before heaving the Class III fiberglass 12 footer over my shoulder and carrying it through the parking lot to the back of the supermarket - all the while being on the lookout for elderly folk not moving real fast, people looking at their phones instead of the guy carrying a ladder, standing there, waiting for them to look up so the don't get smacked - and a host of other people not really paying much attention to anything much past the end of their noses. Bit of a workout, as well as a test of patience. Woulda been nice to actually fix the problem - but you can't win all the time.

Lol Ray is going to turn this into the GSOM made me tired and sore thread lol

New unofficial thread title!

Short 3.25km walk on thurs. Last night started thinking about doing some push ups. Got about 6 in before the shoulder stiffened up. Downloaded one of those "7 minute workout" apps to see if that motivates me any more. Rugrat promised to be my coach. Will see how this pans out.

Continuing daily grind - planks, pushups, and a minimum of 8000 steps on my gearfit. Doing some weights, stick drills, and "heavy bag" workouts (I've got a Bob, actually, not a bag, lol). Also been doing some yard work and clearance at my old place - so chainsaw, axe, and knife stuff, along with plenty of dragging and carrying.

Today is Sunday. Day of rest. But I did walk from the parking lot of Crackerbarrel into the restaurant and all the way down to the far end. Only ate half my dinner but I did have some blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Slight net loss.

Yesterday 6 miles walked- 2 with the 15lb pack.
Today it was 5 miles total - including a bunch of yard work, but 3.5 with the rucksack on.
Carrying it around is finally starting to feel normal. Although I still feel really light when I first take it off.

Didn't wanted to bother You guys with every step or exercise i do, so here is April's sum up.

Hope it will be inspirational for at least someone and i will try to press harder at May.

Screenshot_20170501-124909.png

Screenshot_20170501-124939.png

Screenshot_20170430-233735.png

Screenshot_20170430-234908.png

Screenshot_20170430-233037.png

And the other nice thing about this thread is, no need to find the last time you posted so you could quote yourself and keep a running tally....cause the points, see....they matter not.

So. Swam 2000m tonight, thinking about your suggestion, Tim, of getting the difficult stuff out of the way early - which I thought at first was ridiculous, because doing fin work in the pool is like, SO fun (seriously - you go hella faster with them)) - but decided to try it that way, anyway. Gotta hand it to you - pretty much I just had to let go of the order that I was doing things. Managed 800m with nary a piston freeze-up - and when I did swim, I went a lot faster than I've been going.

Also rode 29 miles yesterday - stupidly, irrationally, tragically under-insulated. I froze, and I left thinking I was gonna overheat. Still, managed an OK ride and it wasn't cold enough for me to get frostbite. Tho, with the windchill on bare skin, it kinda felt like it was...

*I will be doing the first GAW this week, before I leave for the Northeast Gathering, shipped out the week following - so stay tuned. I'll be adjusting the thread title to reflect same, just keep an eye on post #2 (*which IIRC I reserved....hopefully) for the .... skinny (cue rimshot...my job here is done. Dad pun successfully deployed).

Love the stat tracker Endel!

Glad to hear Mike! Variations of the same workout tend to prove the best results in the end! The big test will be in a month from now, compare it to what you are currently doing.

Saturday I mostly rested. No running, but I did use my Parangatang, Axe, and Hatchet in the backyard. Left my arm a little sore, not used to swinging weight yet with it. I did the same thing on Sunday. I had some overgrown ceder trees that I removed and opened up a 7x18 foot section of my backyard. I was paring them down and tossing them in my small chiminea to burn. I have lots more to go lol. Yesterday I rested for most of the day, but ended up getting 3 hours of non conventional cardio before bed :D......made me feel like a teenager again.

This morning I ran 2.5 miles, then did my physiotherapy theraband work and stretching.

50 pound weighed pack "ran" 10 miles with it then a crap load of pushups, pull ups, situps, and rollouts with an abb wheel

Did a 2.25 mile walk with ~500 ft elevation gain last night, with the pack on. Barely felt the pack, but turned out my pace was kinda off 'cause I was talkin' to my Dad the whole time.
Tonight is volleyball.
Gonna concentrate on the climb probably tomorrow night and see if I can keep it under 18 min/mile.

Did a bunch of outdoors work last week - cutting & dragging wood around. Was planning on more of the same this week; but I f-d up my hand yesterday while rushing around, trying to get done at work. Looks like a sagittal band injury (don't think it's torn) so I'm immobilizing it as much as possible. Gripping is an issue; so sticks & weights are out for now, as is impact (no punches).
Still walking, doing stairs, pushups, and planks.

Last edited:
Did a few sets of push-ups/sit-ups today...gawd I've become a fat lazy basterd lately...I need to set up my exercise routine.

Got up this morning and feeling some aches that I don't like. Going to stretch and call it a day!

2.5 mile run + arm physio work.

Don't like our weather forecast, nothing but rain the next few days. I'm having wood delivered today for my deck. I want the rain to stop so I can start on it this weekend!!

Been getting my steps in most days this week! Last Saturday Cameron and I explored some trails down by the river which was a lot of fun. It wasn't an epic hike by any means but it felt nice to get out and move in nature. We also made a soup with some foraged wild edibles - wood sorrel and wintercress. I also had a good workout on Monday. I've been squatting the bar every week or two for a while now usually just 10 reps x3, but this last time I couldn't do as many reps. I feel like my belly is making it so I can't keep my core as tight. Will probably move to body weight squats soon, which are still no problemo :) Speaking of my belly, I hit 22 weeks this week and I feel like I've exploded. Finally showing a legit baby bump! The sun FINALLY came out for two whole days in a row so my friend and I played badminton out in the lawn on Wednesday at the university where I work. That was super fun and a little more demanding than I thought. I jumped around a bit but I didn't do any epic dives for the birdy since I don't want to fall right now. Hope to get out and do something fun tomorrow, we shall see!

Ran a double header race today, the 16.2mi "Mega Mini Challenge." Started off at 7am with a 5K race and then at 7:33am the half marathon started. Weather held up and despite being unseasonably cool, it may have been the best weather ever for this race that I do each May. Ran into 4 time US Marathon team member & Silver medalist Meb Keflezighi during the race and had a generally great day. Logged 31,000+ steps for you metrics-types ;)

had glorious weather this weekend.
yesterday mowed yard & some of the pasture, did some forging, cut up some firewood with 15" handsaw, walked a lot, and slept in the hammock.
today, cut up some wood, did plenty of walking, and ripped out 100' of old horse fence for a buddy.

Back