Beckerhead firearms

What do you guys think about the diamondback db9? I'm thinking about picking one up.

I didn't expect to get a lot of love for the pink pistol and purple sheath so here is my woods carry. 3" SP101 with a heavy load of 2400 behind a 158 grain SWC. The classic load. Sometimes I throw the 180 grain Buffalo Bores in it but my handloads shoot to point of aim so I prefer them.

DSC05273%202_zpsbdc09cxk.jpg

DSC05274%202_zpsvuwig7fz.jpg

DSC05282%202_zpsquoi8ilw.jpg

DSC05281_zpsfjewv2zh.jpg
I still have my 3" SP. Good little rig

Thanks Jim! It is one of the ones I will never part with. It is solid little piece. They have a 357 LCRX with a hammer out now. That is my next one!

went to the gunshow yesterday.
saw a full-sized canik striker fired and b6 - but no compacts.
no eaa witness
LOTS of S&W shields, a few 401x stainless jobs, bunches of bersa & hi-point
twice as many .40's than 9's, about as many .380's & .45's as 9's
not a lot of bolt guns, lots of remmy semi's, and tons of EBRs.
1 SKS, 2 or 3 AKs.
2 parts guns, 1 part accessories, 1 part parts, and 1 part kitsch.

What do you guys think about the diamondback db9? I'm thinking about picking one up.

I personally have not handled a DB. However, I have read enough negative material regarding their pistols to warrant me staying rather far away from them. I remember when they were first making a "splash", the idea of a single stack Glock style pistol was rather attractive for some folks. That being said, the reviews started coming out soon after and I seem to recall a lot of FTF issues. Now they may have fixed those issues by now, I honestly haven't been keeping tabs on them, it just wasn't that exciting of a gun. Even less so now that Glock has a couple of single stack offerings.

My JM stamped 336 topped with Dr. Skinner ghost ring sights. On a good day, I can hit Copenhagen cans at 100 yards.

IMG_3536_zps00hug047.jpg

IMG_3534_zpsrdcbcqqs.jpg

IMG_3533_zps4yzqitz9.jpg

Now that is a pretty rifle... Either that or you take rather flattering pics ;). Regardless, I am a sucker for good lever guns.

I will need to post updated pics but hopefully these will suffice for now. They have non-Becker knife content though... Will need to remedy that. The first pic is a Sears & Roebuck Winchester Model 94. Such a fantastic all around woods gun. It is like Timex and John McClane, "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking"...

Second pic is of a reproduction cap and ball revolver, a 1847 Colt Walker paired with a belt and holster made by yours truly.

4eliPIB.jpg

gx1hb7U.jpg

went to the gunshow yesterday.
saw a full-sized canik striker fired and b6 - but no compacts.
no eaa witness
LOTS of S&W shields, a few 401x stainless jobs, bunches of bersa & hi-point
twice as many .40's than 9's, about as many .380's & .45's as 9's
not a lot of bolt guns, lots of remmy semi's, and tons of EBRs.
1 SKS, 2 or 3 AKs.
2 parts guns, 1 part accessories, 1 part parts, and 1 part kitsch.

Dad has a Canik TP9. Great gun and relatively very inexpensive. Like it better than any other full size 9mm I've shot.

Buck 119 is what I used for decades on fish mostly. Not the best fillet knife and tricky to keep sharp for me. It stays in my toolbox at work for the occasional galley duty. For food prep, the finish is excellent! Lever guns are forever.

I'm going tiny have to handle Glock's single stack 9. My sister has the 380, and I don't like the trigger pull on it.
I personally have not handled a DB. However, I have read enough negative material regarding their pistols to warrant me staying rather far away from them. I remember when they were first making a "splash", the idea of a single stack Glock style pistol was rather attractive for some folks. That being said, the reviews started coming out soon after and I seem to recall a lot of FTF issues. Now they may have fixed those issues by now, I honestly haven't been keeping tabs on them, it just wasn't that exciting of a gun. Even less so now that Glock has a couple of single stack offerings.

Back