Beckerhead firearms

The revolving cylinder rifle looks like a Colt Patterson revolving cylinder carbine, caliber .55, Model 1839-1842.

If so, Some called it "Colt’s revolving wheel of misfortune. The reason was that a multiple miss-fire on a pistol was not serious; at worst the pistol might be damaged. But with a long arm, because the person firing it was supporting the barrel with one hand forward of the cylinder, a multiple miss-fire could cost him a hand.

This was one of the 2 revolving cylinder rifles used by the Texian Navy and Marine Corps.

The other was the hammerless Colt Patterson revolving cylinder rifle, caliber .40, Model 1838-1842.

Any sold to the Texian Navy had a 5 pointed embedded in the right side of the stock.

I am a very long time firearms trainer and competitor. I am so convinced that the shield is one of the best carry options that I bought another one this week.

the version without the safety. my sig and my kahr elite now live in the safe.

:thumbsup:

If only I could buy one right now lol. PSA has them for $214 after the mail in rebate. :eek:

The revolving cylinder rifle looks like a Colt Patterson revolving cylinder carbine, caliber .55, Model 1839-1842.

If so, Some called it "Colt’s revolving wheel of misfortune. The reason was that a multiple miss-fire on a pistol was not serious; at worst the pistol might be damaged. But with a long arm, because the person firing it was supporting the barrel with one hand forward of the cylinder, a multiple miss-fire could cost him a hand.

This was one of the 2 revolving cylinder rifles used by the Texian Navy and Marine Corps.

The other was the hammerless Colt Patterson revolving cylinder rifle, caliber .40, Model 1838-1842.

Any sold to the Texian Navy had a 5 pointed embedded in the right side of the stock.

Yeah I can see why that could be bad haha. Thanks for the info.

My most recent acquisition. Springfield Armory Mod.2 in 9mm. It was on sale & got 4 free magazines, free 2 mag belt holder & holster.

Also picked up 3 Pearce Grip extensions for the compact mags. They work GREAT & make ALL the difference for my hand grip with the compact mags.

And, here is 2 targets, 7yds, holstered, draw & fire as fast as i can. Not pretty but would be a DOA.

I really like this gun so far. Picked up a "Just Holster It" holster & really like that as well. Quality, fair price & local.

Last edited:
If only I could buy one right now lol. PSA has them for $214 after the mail in rebate. :eek:

I couldn't pass up $214 for the M&P Shield. Picked it up this morning before heading off for a weeks vacation near Skyline Drive in Virginia. Can't wait to put a few (hundred) rounds through it. ;)

Well, I just learned the best thing ever.. Apparently in VA you can't buy handguns until you're 21, but only from a licensed dealer. I can buy one privately and open carry at 18 (which is less than 9 months away.. sadly no CC permit until 21).

oh weird, beckerhead policy is only people over 21 can have guns :D

Picked up from my neighbor. Ruger sp101 357 magnum. Cool little gun.

Currently debating between this and an LCR in 9mm. Considering I already have a GP100 Wylie Clapp for hammering nails and using as a paperweight, the LCR might win out, although it pains me to admit that.

Currently debating between this and an LCR in 9mm. Considering I already have a GP100 Wylie Clapp for hammering nails and using as a paperweight, the LCR might win out, although it pains me to admit that.

A revolver in 9mm has always sounded bizarre to me, though it certainly piques my curiosity when I think about it. I have the LCR in .357 with a Trijicon front sight. It is a great little gun, have been pretty happy with it.

ucZIgip.jpg

a certain outfitter store is having an online sale on hipoint compact 9mm pistols for just barely under a $C-note.
and it comes with a kershaw A/O knife.

Right up around that bend to the right, a hen ran across the trail and lifted off an then went down in a puff like a ME109 in the Battle of Britain 4th or 5th for the day. My wife actually caught it with her big lens as the hen took the hit. I will have to get it from her. I usually have on my gopro I film the dogs as they are working the birds I think I enjoy just watching a good dog work more then the hunt lol

Beautiful Hund. I hunt over a Deutsch Langhaar and a French Brittany. Had to put down our Deutsch Kurzharr Rosie last year after 15 years. Rosie could wind a bird in Hurricane:( I miss that dog

Beautiful Hund. I hunt over a Deutsch Langhaar and a French Brittany. Had to put down our Deutsch Kurzharr Rosie last year after 15 years. Rosie could wind a bird in Hurricane:( I miss that dog

Bird Dawgs :thumbsup::D Are you in Europe?

I've had GSPs and DKs for over 45 years :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Couple screen shots from my gopro video. Mauser on point. Wind was gusting to about 20mph bird was 50yrds away.

Great point, one shot, dead bird, great retrieve. Doesn't get much better then that. I Can't Wait For Hunting Season!!!!!

Last edited:
That is one good looking Bird Dog JD anticipation of greatness for the pup. Isn't it a nice feeling I love it

Back