Beckers And Chainsaw Photos Here

heck ya i cant complain 100 bucks new and i got the 18" bar and i havent broke it yet. i say good buy.

Looks like Beckers and Husqvarnas go together eh ? Bunch of Huskys here. My 350 with BK 10. Making some starter wood and splitting some bigger stuff.

DSCF5691-1.jpg

Ok, here is a modified MS260 that we used to develop a massive climbing area (trails, etc.) in Ontario. This was the smallest pro level saw from Stihl that we modified to further improve the power to weight ratio. We needed something small and powerful as we were humping this in (and the fuel and oil) for over an hour in the woods. Thought the BK2 would be a fitting campanion - lol!

Rocking a 16" bar even though it can easily handle an 18". The smaller bar helps keep the chain speed up for faster cutting. You end up doing more plunge cuts on bigger trees, but that's part of the fun!

2013-10-09+20.50.04.jpg

Do I finally see a non lawyer approved chain there, gmoney? :thumbup:

Do I finally see a non lawyer approved chain there, gmoney? :thumbup:

Most likely sir! No anti-kickback chain for me! Also had the saw modified for extra power even though it may not meet current US EPA laws. It's not a full race saw as I needed to be sure sure it worked after an hour long hike in the woods, but it's definitely more powerful than the stock version.

What are you running?

Right now, I'm shopping around for my own. I've always borrowed my dad's / brother-in-law's Husky's. I realized that having my own chains for my dad's husky (similar to what you've got there), I might as well just bite the bullet and get one. Might get the Stihl 270, but it's about $150 over what I was budgeting.

I think my Husy was around the $225 area when I got it, which was probably 6 or 7 years ago.

the Stihl 180c is not too shabby

though if i cut enough oak the size i am, i can see having to get a bigger saw in a year or two. maybe.

or patience. yeah, yeah, there ya go you big 15 incher, yup. take your time. take your time...

faster than an axe

Right now, I'm shopping around for my own. I've always borrowed my dad's / brother-in-law's Husky's. I realized that having my own chains for my dad's husky (similar to what you've got there), I might as well just bite the bullet and get one. Might get the Stihl 270, but it's about $150 over what I was budgeting.

What do they want for that saw down there. I think we paid about $600 for the MS 260. Might have been less but I can't remember right now.

The local landscaper supply shop quoted me these prices:

Stihl MS 290 W/18" Bar 419.95
Stihl MS 271 W/18" Bar 439.95

Not bad, but I may pocket the extra and find a Husky...or just keep watch on Craigslist for a used Stihl.

The local landscaper supply shop quoted me these prices:

Stihl MS 290 W/18" Bar 419.95
Stihl MS 271 W/18" Bar 439.95

Not bad, but I may pocket the extra and find a Husky...or just keep watch on Craigslist for a used Stihl.

Yeah, that sounds about right. The pro level saws (XP for Husky and 60, 40, 80 series saws for Stihl) are pricier but may be worth the extra cost depending on how much cutting you plan on doing. Best advice I got from a racing chainsaw competitor was to use the shortest bar possible. It keeps the RPMs up which prevents the saw from bogging down in the cut and speeds up cutting.

This thread made me get off my ass, venture into the garage, and blow the dust off the saw. I was always a Husqvarna guy until I bought this bad boy. I'm a converted man. Well I still like and have a couple Huskies but not this big, she's my favorite for sure. Added a shot of the deuce doing one of its favorite activities, making big wood into small wood.

ztxf.jpg

lpig.jpg

Nice saw Enluzenment. The 360 series are nice pro level saws. Were you previously running Husky XPs?

Love the scales on the 2 BTW.

Nice saw Enluzenment. The 360 series are nice pro level saws. Were you previously running Husky XPs?

Love the scales on the 2 BTW.

Yup, XP's are really great saws, tons of power. The reason I really fell in love with the 362 is user friendliness. I'm sure you know how much a saw can beat you up after a ten hour day of cutting. The Stihl doesn't work me over as bad and its a little easier on the ears. These may be insignificant details to some but like I said, run a saw all day and you come to appreciate the subtle differences.

Nice looking saws gents. The biggest reason I bought a Husky over a Stihl, is price alone. I have heard nothing but good about Stihl, just out of my price range is all.

Yup, XP's are really great saws, tons of power. The reason I really fell in love with the 362 is user friendliness. I'm sure you know how much a saw can beat you up after a ten hour day of cutting. The Stihl doesn't work me over as bad and its a little easier on the ears. These may be insignificant details to some but like I said, run a saw all day and you come to appreciate the subtle differences.

Yeah, working all day with saw can be brutal. Nice to hear the Stihls are easier on the body and the hearing.

Nice looking saws gents. The biggest reason I bought a Husky over a Stihl, is price alone. I have heard nothing but good about Stihl, just out of my price range is all.

They are both top notch brands Dubz.

And finally, I gotta chance to play with this Dolmar 7900 last year. I think it's about a 78 cc engine - it was a beast!

Big+Tree+photo.jpg

I've always been a Stihl man but bought a Dolmar a few years ago (because there was a dealer close) and am a convert. Love them.

attachment.php

6224085388_9df3bd4519_b.jpg

Back