BeckerWest Spring 2017 April 21-23

Jonny1280

Where’s the beer?
BeckerWest Spring 2017 Gathering! April 21st, 22nd, and 23rd.

This will be the 12th get together here in the great Pacific NorthWest just outside of Eugene, OR.
Come one, come all! You need not be an official Beckerhead to attend.

What can you expect when you show up to BeckerWest?

There will be food, fire, strong drink, contests, and general merriment! Knives, guns, beards...you get the idea.
There hasn't been an age limit in the past. Just use your best judgment on bringing kids along.
Most of the attendees will not use a filter.

Friday- Guests arrive, folks hanging out, setting up camp, a lot of B.S.ing, a fun night around the camp.
Saturday- Big breakfasts, contests, lot's of food, usually not as rowdy as Friday night.
Sunday- Breakfast, camp clean up, trash is picked up, and everyone is usually out by Noon.

"What should I bring?"

-Bacon
-Camp stove
-Food, drink, camp chairs for sure.
-Tent, hammock, or some form of shelter.
-Trade items if you want
-Bring some TP, there are no restrooms.
-Folding tables and pop-up canopies are always nice to have around.
-Knives, guns, and gear. Ear and eye protection.
-Bring whatever you need to spend two nights in the woods.
-More bacon

Contests will include,(but are not limited to):

-Chopping
-Tomahawk throwing
-Shooting and/or Slingshot competition
-Fire making

Ideas for new challenges are welcomed, as are fresh ideas for the standard contests.

Rules: Petty simple...

1. -Absolutely NO guns and booze! If you're drinking, you're not packing.
2. -NO dogs!
3. -Take your trash home with you!

Links to the previous gatherings:

A link to the 1st BW. Fall 2011

A link to the 2nd BW. Spring 2012

A link to the 3rd BW. Fall 2012

A link to the 4th BW. Spring 2013

A link to the 5th BW. Fall 2013

A link to the 6th BW. Spring 2014

A link to the 7th BW. Fall 2014

A link to the 8th BW. Spring 2015

A link to the 9th BW. Fall 2015

A link to the 10th BW. Spring 2016

A link to the 11th BW. Fall 2016

There are a lot of folks at these gatherings with a lot of great knowledge to share.
If you haven't attended a BeckerWest gathering, come on out! It's a lot of fun!
If you can't get the time off work, well... you might as well quit your job because you won't want to miss this!
Looking forward to seeing everyone. See you there!

Google Maps Link. Click Here!

GPS - N44 07.818'
*- W123 28.195
Make sure your Datum is set to NAD 27 Conus.

Driving directions:
*From I-5 North or South
*Exit # 195 , Beltline hwy west (Randy Pape' beltline) 9.5 miles to
*(right turn) Hwy 126 west (to Florence) 14.8 miles to*
*(right turn) Poodle Creek Rd. 4.2 miles*
*(left turn) Fisk Rd. Approx .5 mile to the Orange gate on the right.
Follow the BeckerWest signs up the hill.
If you have any questions please contact Myself, FALER, or Abrasion via PM or email.

I'll update this thread with names of those who commit to attend.
No wishy-washy maybes...:D

"I'M IN!"

- FAL'ER
- Abrasion
- Jonny1280
- NixKustoms
- KingMC +2
- Awesome-O +2 or 3
- Bill Siegle?...
- protourist
- 710 & Mrs. 710 & Hayden
- Pàdruig +3
- Ironbone + some kiddos
- Romulous & Connor

Last edited:
Good question! I second that.

Unfortunately, that's not an "Off" Friday for me this year. Gonna be tough to swing it.
Have fun out there guys!

If you want, I can call and talk to your boss for you...:D
Or better yet we'll have Awesome-O call! Haha

Gonna try and make it down but I have a busy schedule already in that time frame. I'll know for sure closer to the date.

See you Friday night. Bill, I sure hope you can make it.

Hello to my Becker West friends! I won't be at this gathering but got done great news from my daughter in Alaska recently that I am very happy to hear. Their next duty station is planned for JBLM just north of you guys! Looks like me and the granddaughter will be able to make the fall gathering! :) keeping my fingers crossed.

Right on Hawk! That's great news.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

That's right next door to my company's home office. Very cool.

Hello to my Becker West friends! I won't be at this gathering but got done great news from my daughter in Alaska recently that I am very happy to hear. Their next duty station is planned for JBLM just north of you guys! Looks like me and the granddaughter will be able to make the fall gathering! :) keeping my fingers crossed.

you know, if you decide to drive that - I may be able to help......

you know, if you decide to drive that - I may be able to help......

That's a hellofa drive mang! Regardless hope you make it out here vik! It's been a while since I've seen you. And we need more cross contaminating or co-mingling. :)

That's awesome! I sure do look forward to seein ya again. It's been a good long while.

We'll be there Friday and gotta leave Saturday. I won't have anything to sell or trade, only show probably. Everything is going to bladeshow. If y'all want something hit me up now so I can make it and bring it up, otherwise I'll have nothing.

Last edited:
I honestly might not have anything to offer at the gathering either. I am backed up with projects that need finishing. But I do hope to bring something. So I guess it's up in the air for me as to if or what I can finish or bring.

I'd like to plan on attending if that's alright. I haven't worked real hard at obtaining Beckerhead status, but I will get there eventually. This will serve to motivate me to finish a few of my unfinished projects...

It will be me with a possible plus two. Hope to be able to meet you guys in the not so different future.

Sounds good Pàdruig!
Looking forward to meeting you.

Back