Beltatathon

Late to the party, but is that a 7.3 your son drives Dave? Got one right similar to his if so. Wouldn't think I'd like blue stitching but it really pops on that water buffalo! Used to hate making belts due to all the stitching but everyone needs a good belt or three. Weaver makes a strap edger that does all 4 at the same time, if you keep at this pace for belts it will pay for itself quickly.

Howdy Eaglestroker, good to see ya sir! Yes sir it is. He's had that truck for quite a while and it just keeps chugging along. He's got a 2011 too. We just got a 2017 with the 6.7, nice truck!!!!! The red has been the most popular in the colored stitching followed by the blue. I'm thinking of getting blue, red and pink in 207 and branching out some of my sheaths too. Just took an order today for a water buff belt with the blue, it has been popular. Don't seem to mind the stitching honestly. Lots of times Nichole will do it like in the thread but last few I did as she's been busy painting the kitchen. I've seen that edger of theirs and they have that punch that does the tips and the holes at the same time.

Sometime back my little brother and I say little, tongue in cheek as he's my 6'3"ish but he's a hundred lbs heavier, bought the domain name of Big Boys Belts. He wants to build a website (what he does, puter stuff) and sell belts to big guys. He says its next to impossible for a big guy to find a decent leather belt. Course we'd be making em for him so maybe then we'd get some of those deals.

Howdy Eaglestroker, good to see ya sir! Yes sir it is. He's had that truck for quite a while and it just keeps chugging along. He's got a 2011 too. We just got a 2017 with the 6.7, nice truck!!!!! The red has been the most popular in the colored stitching followed by the blue. I'm thinking of getting blue, red and pink in 207 and branching out some of my sheaths too. Just took an order today for a water buff belt with the blue, it has been popular. Don't seem to mind the stitching honestly. Lots of times Nichole will do it like in the thread but last few I did as she's been busy painting the kitchen. I've seen that edger of theirs and they have that punch that does the tips and the holes at the same time.

Sometime back my little brother and I say little, tongue in cheek as he's my 6'3"ish but he's a hundred lbs heavier, bought the domain name of Big Boys Belts. He wants to build a website (what he does, puter stuff) and sell belts to big guys. He says its next to impossible for a big guy to find a decent leather belt. Course we'd be making em for him so maybe then we'd get some of those deals.

My BIL has an '11 and a new '17 and they are both far superior trucks in terms of creature comforts than my old '02. Mines got 300k miles and is paid for though :cool:

Can see how red would be really popular with how it stands out on that leather without being super flamboyant. Blue would be cool to see, I bet a teal or purple would be real popular with the ladies.

My worst belt so far was a 68" center belt. If you went into computer sales on belts I'd imagine you could employ a person just gluing stitching and edging belts. Everyone needs a couple good belts.

Yeah we got an 05 Silveardo all bought and paid for. But its leaking at the front seal on the Allison tranny. 230,000 miles and its been just about perfect. So we decided to go get a new truck and rebuild the tranny on the Chevy and keep it pretty much as a ranch truck. We need something that can tow either a bunch of horses or a stock trailer load of cattle with and pretty much any time so figured it was time to get a new one. Went to buy the Chevy cause Nichole is DYED IN THE WOOL Chevy girl. Test drove the Ford to be fair and there was no comparison. Nichole said she wanted to write a letter to Chevy and tell em how disappointed she was with them. We really didn't even want to test drive the Chevy after driving the Ford. We did to be polite and then called the Ford salesman as it was 8 pm and said we'll see ya in the morning. Besides the creature comforts ya mentioned is simply the monstrous towing capacity. Apples to Apples the Ram is 16,000, the Chev is 18,000 and the Ford is 32,500. I know its cliché but we've put our big ole stock trailer loaded behind the 2017 and you really don't know its there.

Pink and turquoise have been the color for the ladies. We did a double stitched one with a row of each and it was the first to sell. OK 68 is a big one. Done several in the mid to ujpper 50's but nothing in the 60s.

Ford is coming out with some nice trucks these days. Massive towing capacitys, and LED lights all the way around from factory. And the in bed lights and spot lights on the mirrors not to mention the 360 view cameras. I'm still driving my 97 Ram 1500 Laramie. Hit 111,800 miles on it yesterday. But man are those new trucks way more comfortable in terms of inside the cab.

Those water buffalo belts sure do look nice. Never have been a fan of blue or red stitching, but you make it look nice on those belts! Eventually I'm going to have to order a belt from you.

Thank ya sir. Ya know the colored stitching has been so popular I'm thinking on doing it on some of the water buffalo sheaths too.

Back