Benchmade 560 Freek Thoughts?

Hey everyone! I want to know what your thoughts are on the 'new' model 560 Freek by Benchmade.

Personally, I'm very very intrigued. It looks awesome! I'd love to know how you guys feel about its specifications and how it pairs up against other knives of its kind.

Is this the new Griptillian? Maybe? I'm not sure. I think it will give it a run for its money and I'm curious to see if BM will come out with a mini Freek with a 3 inch blade.... which I already emailed them asking about ;) cheers!

I recently acquired a 560bk in a trade and I love it.

Feels great in hand, the rubberized grip is a nice feature for grippiness and added comfort, the true test will be how well that stuff holds up, but everything else about it is spot on.

I'll post pics later.

I recently acquired a 560bk in a trade and I love it.

Feels great in hand, the rubberized grip is a nice feature for grippiness and added comfort, the true test will be how well that stuff holds up, but everything else about it is spot on.

I'll post pics later.

Glad you like it so far! Looking forward to the pics -

Very grippy. The s30v blade is awesome and you get a good chunk of it. Operation is smooth. My only concern is one day the rubbery grips will leave remnants behind and/or become very sticky as it gets used more. Maybe its classical conditioning or maybe im just paranoid. Ive owned knives with similar feeling rubber grip that ended up doing so. If it stays in tact, definitely am excelleny knife.

Pics as promised:

At first feel it reminded me of an improvement on the vantage pro.

While noticeably larger, trade the liner lock for an axis, hole for studs, shed the flipper, and give it a larger grippier handle and a bit more blade, yet make it a good bit lighter and it strangely has a similar feel and balance to it...
Being a bit larger and lighter, and completely different in every way, but yet it feels similar? I know, I don't understand it either, but I don't know how else to describe it. Lol.
Center of gravity maybe?

Anyways, another comparison shot next to a similar sized Blur,
as well as a completely unrelated full size Trapper:

Some solo shots:

*I will add that mine also came with a professionally sharpened edge, far better then any Benchmade factory edge, but that aside, still a nice feeling knife in every other aspect.

Last edited:
Pics as promised:

At first feel it reminded me of an improvement on the vantage pro.

While noticeably larger, trade the liner lock for an axis, hole for studs, shed the flipper, and give it a larger grippier handle and a bit more blade, yet make it a good bit lighter and it strangely has a similar feel and balance to it...
Being a bit larger and lighter, and completely different in every way, but yet it feels similar? I know, I don't understand it either, but I don't know how else to describe it. Lol.
Center of gravity maybe?

Anyways, another comparison shit next to a similar sized Blur,
as well as a completely unrelated full size Trapper:

Some solo shots:

*I will add that mine also came with a professionally sharpened edge, far better then any Benchmade factory edge, but that aside, still a nice feeling knife in every other aspect.

Beautiful looking blade you've got there. Nice collection of others as well!

The only thing holding me back from clicking that "complete your purchase" button right now is the size of that blade. I lean more towards 3-3.25" blades and normally don't go over 3.5". But it's so tempting! Can't wait to hear back from BM to see if they are planning on a smaller model at any time soon. Thanks for the pics!

Beautiful looking blade you've got there. Nice collection of others as well!

The only thing holding me back from clicking that "complete your purchase" button right now is the size of that blade. I lean more towards 3-3.25" blades and normally don't go over 3.5". But it's so tempting! Can't wait to hear back from BM to see if they are planning on a smaller model at any time soon. Thanks for the pics!

Thanks.
Fwiw, the Vantage is 3.25", but the Freek carries almost an ounce lighter, so if you could get past the size itself, the weight carries like something smaller.

Thanks.
Fwiw, the Vantage is 3.25", but the Freek carries almost an ounce lighter, so if you could get past the size itself, the weight carries like something smaller.

Very true. And I guess if compared to the size of an Endura then it's not as big as I think. By the way... how/what is the coating on that blade you have? Is it durable/beneficial? I've looked on a couple sites and it doesn't seem to mention what exactly the coating is.

I've handled one. Seems to be a nice knife but, I own two Griptilians and a Volli. I just can't justify buying one.

I look at the Freek and wonder if it was designed to replace the Ritter Griptilian. If so, it is a step backwards.

i dont like it but a few others do. here's a positive review of it from Kevin Cleary (i dont remember his BF username).

first impressions

compare vs pm2

full review

Love mine!!

5417b3fc99ea4a94584e21b1e2eee277.jpg

Very true. And I guess if compared to the size of an Endura then it's not as big as I think. By the way... how/what is the coating on that blade you have? Is it durable/beneficial? I've looked on a couple sites and it doesn't seem to mention what exactly the coating is.
I assume it's a DLC coating? Normally I go for uncoated blades especially stainless varieties as it seems redundant to me to have a protective coating over an already protected (stainless) blade, but being a trade I wasn't picky. I have a BM 531 also the coated model, and it doesn't really hurt performance, but does show scuffs from use fwiw.

Back