Benchmade Bugout - Alright, why doesn't this seem to exist

So I randomly decided to browse the benchmade website today and noticed a knife called the Benchmade bugout. 3.25" blade and only a 1.85oz knife!? Sounds awesome to me. But why can I not find ANY info on this knife anywhere. Searching on Benchmade Bugout here brings up ZERO results. google has nothing, youtube has nothing.

Does anyone have any expirience with this knife or have any video of it?

It seems like the knife would have been at blade show, but I don't see any videos.

Benchmade announced it last week to it's dealers and they started arriving yesterday. Pretty impressed so far for a lightweight folder. S30V blade, 1.85 ounces, anodized backspacers, and a DLC coated titanium AXIS bolt.

They also put a shorter deep carry pocket clip on it for a more hidden look.

BMD535_1_WEB.jpg

It weighs less than the 531 and addresses the two complaints about the 531, thumb stud issues and the hot spot caused by the coffin shaped scales. In theory, it should sell very well. The plastic scales will be a turn off for many.

Any one know the asking price?

Personally, I don't care for the handle (yikes on that lanyard) or the clip point. The blue ano just doesn't work on this one, but should be easy to remove. If they're gonna come out with something like this (LW & 3-4") I'd like to see a blade similar to the Ritter design.

I realize it's 4x the price, but I'd go Millit Jerry Moen Blue Max @ 2.9 oz & 3.125" w/ integral carbon fiber handle.

It weighs less than the 531 and addresses the two complaints about the 531, thumb stud issues and the hot spot caused by the coffin shaped scales. In theory, it should sell very well. The plastic scales will be a turn off for many.

Any one know the asking price?

about 115

Less money than the 531.:)

I would consider it if they offered a color other than blue & I didn't own a 531. Also, wonder if they plan to drop the 530 and 531.

I'm interested in this, but I'll wait and see what kind of reviews it gets. I like the price point, matches it closely to a griptilian which isn't too crazy and S30V is nice.

I'm interested in this, but I'll wait and see what kind of reviews it gets. I like the price point, matches it closely to a griptilian which isn't too crazy and S30V is nice.

Get both the Grip and this. It would be a great set to own. Only other thing you would need is a dress knife and that could be Benchmade's 319 slipjoint.

Shoot, a full size Ritter Grip and this would be the bomb.

Get both the Grip and this. It would be a great set to own. Only other thing you would need is a dress knife and that could be Benchmade's 319 slipjoint.

Shoot, a full size Ritter Grip and this would be the bomb.

I'm not a huge benchmade fan but that's actually a great EDC rotation. I think a person would be pretty set with the 535 and 551 in their lives.

I saw this on reddit and after my initial research, plan on buying one.
I actually just got rid of my blue LW Manix 2 in S110v and am looking for a lightweight replacement.
Was this advertised/teased at BLADE this year? I passed by the BM booth a few times looking for a 551-1 and never saw this...
I wonder what other colors they will release this in?

I'm not a huge benchmade fan but that's actually a great EDC rotation. I think a person would be pretty set with the 535 and 551 in their lives.

Me too. Personally, my set is a 531 and a 551 Grip. Both in 154cm. I do have a 551 in D2 that I should carry but it is a combo edge.

I think orange scales would be better for the new Bugout. Especially considering the name.

+1 on having orange scales. I also am not particularly a fan of an anodized thumb stud since they wear so easily, but I really do like this knife a lot. I may need to get it. The blade HQ video is pretty cool too.

Back