Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

Just spotted this one on the bay.
_57.jpg~original

_5.jpg~original

Last edited:
Just found this one as I was searching the bay... It's listed as a 470. It doesn't look like any 470 I've seen before.

_57_zpsam4hfzkc.jpg

The best example of cloning I've ever seen is this 14205 and the 'Ganzo' version below it.

This one, the real knife is on the bottom:

This one the real knife is on the left.

Thought I chucked the pics, glad I didn't.

The best example of cloning I've ever seen is this 14205 and the 'Ganzo' version below it.

This one, the real knife is on the bottom:

This one the real knife is on the left.

Thought I chucked the pics, glad I didn't.

They did do a good job copying that.

I bought a HK about 3 years ago that looking back now was a guarnteed clone. Bought from a guy from Australia. The design was actually pretty damn good. Would not take or keep an edge worth a p!ss though and coating on blade started coming off right away. He actually gave me 1/2 a partial refund instead of sending back. Was a flipper HK! Might be able to dig up a photo.

[Read the forum rules, NO LINKS TO LIVE EBAY AUCTIONS!!! Certainly NOT to counterfeit items!]

So I'm quite sure this is a knock off, wrong clip, serrations are way to deep for a benchmade, no steel type or designer on back side, that and the fact I have one of these exact knives I picked up in a bunch of knives that the seller stated had a "hot marking" meaning counterfeit. Am I wrong? What is the proper way to address this?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
[Read the forum rules, NO LINKS TO LIVE EBAY AUCTIONS!!! Certainly NOT to counterfeit items!]

So I'm quite sure this is a knock off, wrong clip, serrations are way to deep for a benchmade, no steel type or designer on back side, that and the fact I have one of these exact knives I picked up in a bunch of knives that the seller stated had a "hot marking" meaning counterfeit. Am I wrong? What is the proper way to address this?

I don't know enough about that model to say one way or the other, and the pictures aren't very clear. Looking closely at the pictures, it appears the knife has been around awhile, and been used and carried. If it is in fact older, I doubt it would be a fake, because as far as I know, the fakes only really got going a few years back, but that certainly doesn't mean it isn't. The serrations could have easily been altered by a previous owner.
What exactly is the "Hot marking" ?

That said, I'm not sure why you ask the proper way to address this, because you said you knowingly bought a bunch of knives that the seller admitted were fakes... I would never knowingly buy knives that were fakes, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't be looking for any recourse because I knew better...

I bought a lot of knives, 20+ and in it were three knives that the seller said were "hot marked", meaning to be counterfeit. He wasn't advertising them as the real knife he had a bunch of knives he was getting rid of, it's not the same seller that those pictures came from, this seller is advertising it as the real thing. The clip does not say benchmade, which this model did, though it could be custom. But the serrations are deeper cut and start different than the actual model of the picture from benchmades website for this model, which is discontinued. Also all that considered, there is no way this thing is in such great condition on the blade no black gone from it and the original serrations cut that deep, IMO. If you notice the serrations are much shallower on the benchmade website. Also after some research a few months ago this is one of the most counterfeited benchmades. There was a write up on here but the pictures have expired showing the differences. I may be wrong on this that's why I posted asking about it hate to see someone get ripped off buying what they think is a legitimate benchmade, send it in to get fixed up and lose their knife.

My apologies for posting it in the wrong place and the link, I could have sworn on this forum there was a way if you posted it someone would look into contact eBay and/or the buyer and do something about it, must have been another site.

Here is the Benchmade website Stryker
910.jpg

I don't know enough about that model to say one way or the other, and the pictures aren't very clear. Looking closely at the pictures, it appears the knife has been around awhile, and been used and carried. If it is in fact older, I doubt it would be a fake, because as far as I know, the fakes only really got going a few years back, but that certainly doesn't mean it isn't. The serrations could have easily been altered by a previous owner.
What exactly is the "Hot marking" ?

That said, I'm not sure why you ask the proper way to address this, because you said you knowingly bought a bunch of knives that the seller admitted were fakes... I would never knowingly buy knives that were fakes, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't be looking for any recourse because I knew better...

I'm looking for no recourse at all, I'm just trying to keep others from being tricked, I bought the knife lot because a couple of the other knives in there I wanted.

I bought a lot of knives, 20+ and in it were three knives that the seller said were "hot marked", meaning to be counterfeit. He wasn't advertising them as the real knife he had a bunch of knives he was getting rid of, it's not the same seller that those pictures came from, this seller is advertising it as the real thing. The clip does not say benchmade, which this model did, though it could be custom. But the serrations are deeper cut and start different than the actual model of the picture from benchmades website for this model, which is discontinued. Also all that considered, there is no way this thing is in such great condition on the blade no black gone from it and the original serrations cut that deep, IMO. If you notice the serrations are much shallower on the benchmade website. Also after some research a few months ago this is one of the most counterfeited benchmades. There was a write up on here but the pictures have expired showing the differences. I may be wrong on this that's why I posted asking about it hate to see someone get ripped off buying what they think is a legitimate benchmade, send it in to get fixed up and lose their knife.

My apologies for posting it in the wrong place and the link, I could have sworn on this forum there was a way if you posted it someone would look into contact eBay and/or the buyer and do something about it, must have been another site.

Here is the Benchmade website Stryker
910.jpg

I'm looking for no recourse at all, I'm just trying to keep others from being tricked, I bought the knife lot because a couple of the other knives in there I wanted.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misunderstood your post and thought you were trying to figure out recourse for buying the fakes.
Helping members was my intent for this thread, and I learned something from your post, because I have never owned this model and I didn't know this model was a popular one for fakes...
There is defintely no linking allowed to active auctions, but you can post a picture of the knife in question. If someone is looking on the auction site for that
particular model, they will recognize the knife in question.

Doesn't eBay have a reporting mechanism for this?

They do but it's a P.I.T.A... I reported the seller of the knife I first posted, and never got any response.

The serrations definitely look wrong, but the pics aren't clear enough to determine anything else. I haven't seen a clone of the stryker before, but I'm sure there's tons of fakes that I haven't seen.

A couple more I found when I was surfin the bay this morning... At least this seller isn't trying to charge ridiculous prices for them.

_12_zpsrgt2iiac.jpg

fake1_zpsnmal70u7.jpg

Another beauty that is currently up for auction... Looks to be the same awesome knife as the one above, but different seller

s-l1600_zps3ymptgcy.jpg

Rarest of them all...see even the blade says limited edition. Gun show find. Looks to me like someone modified a Lightning OTF.

I used to go to sellers on eBay when seeing clone/copies for sale. But after awhile realized most of them, IMO, knew what they had so I simply stopped.

Reactions: GKM
Back