Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

I used to go to sellers on eBay when seeing clone/copies for sale. But after awhile realized most of them, IMO, knew what they had so I simply stopped.

Yep. I've done it a few times too, with no results. One guy sounded very apologetic and told me the guy he bought them from assured him they were authentic.
I expected him to remove the knife, but nope. He left it on...
I tried two different times to file complaints with ebay, and that got me nowhere, so I gave up. Fakes and people that sell them irritate me to no end, but there is only so much you can do.

I have found one method that does get results though. I spend time on BM's Forum, and one of the guys that works for BM, his name is Jason, will actually follow through with reports of fakes. They have a separate subforum for fakes. The results are better and people respond quicker when the threat of legal action comes directly from Benchmade lol :D

Just when I was about to give up searching, this hideous beast reared it's ugly little head...fake 470

fake%204.jpg

fake%2047.jpg

fake%20470.jpg

Made me laugh out loud

This POS was just posted on the auction site... I think this is one of the worst I have seen. At least the seller states, " It might not be a true BM" :rolleyes:

fake_zpsmuuej2bp.jpg

Rarest of them all...see even the blade says limited edition. Gun show find. Looks to me like someone modified a Lightning OTF.
Wow, that's gotta be homemade. Not even close lol. I almost got duped at a gunshow on a fake drop point Infidel. It was very similar, but had an off the wall model number and a few other slight differences that I wouldn't have picked up on if I didn't already have a real one.

And the "folded knifes" on the other side lol. I don't remember where I saw these things, but it was some Thai website.

Hi

Just bought this knife and i'm wondering if it's a fake.
If it is, i'll send it back. I need confirmation.

Couple things came to me:
The box, made in china sticker on the box, finish of the strainless steel pivot, bad finish on the liners in front of the knife, engraving, G10 pattern.
Sorry for the size of the pictures

kyMWGGA.jpg

sckytHX.jpg

90gS7np.jpg

bHbCSAE.jpg

WhK3aml.jpg

Not sure on this knife but that Made In China sticker looks like something on everything I've seen may have just fallen off and stuck to the box. The knife looks like the one on the website and other pictures I've searched out.

A seller is using a fake label on a gold box to double his auction price on a 806dm-701. Someone has already called him out. While it isn't a fake knife, it does seem like a pretty shady way to list it.

Never mind the box...(sheesh)...the look and finish of the fakes don't hold up. This one, and others like it have flooded the market for profit vs. safety and quality. The Golden rule applies: Know Your Product. Once you see the real knife and the difference between them there's no question which is which. Just comes with practice.

Would it be appropriate to post a picture from a "maker" that is selling a direct copy of a Benchmade knife under his own brand?

Back