Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

They have one on Ebay now. Looks like stainless and wood scales. I've never seen this BM before. It's shipping from Thailand. Can't post the URL, can't post the pics (work thing). If you take the time, search for Benchmade, then sort by newest listings, you'll see it. It's so bad, I laughed at the pictures. Of course I could be wrong.

Here's one from Williams Knife Co. Look familiar?
IMG_4347__1.jpg

Benchmade HK 14205 copies, probably Ganzo Chinese made. These are good enough to fool the best. (Edited after taking a look...) Gee, the website looks good, a lot of money spent for a quality look and feel.

One sure sign that something's not right is the stated use of 440C stainless. We had a pass around on the BKC factory site a few years ago and I got to see one of these variants. The edge didn't last long during testing; but they looked as good as these do. If these are 440C. Anyone worth their salt would at least use 154CM as the real knives were made from.

Here's pics of the one I'm referring to:

The real Benchmade is at the top of the screen.

In the second, the real Benchmade is at the bottom.

Thanks for the post!

Joe

Last edited:
14205 copies, probably Ganzo Chinese made. These are good enough to fool the best.

And these cost more than the originals did. I asked about what blade steel they used on their facebook page, and it got me blocked.

Knowing the guy's history from the thread in GBU, I figured these were Ganzos.

I love how he takes credit for the design, claiming to have spent the last 3 years designing and building prototypes. I can't roll my eyes hard enough.

I recently received a 940 and I have one issue with it, on the back of the blade instead of having the patent number it says "benchmade.com/pat" can anyone tell me if it's fake I will try to add photos.
IMG_1530_zpseuel7tio.jpg.html

Last edited:
I recently received a 940 and I have one issue with it, on the back of the blade instead of having the patent number it says "benchmade.com/pat" can anyone tell me if it's fake I will try to add photos.

Not fake i have several of those. Basically its same as the numbers except it gives you a website link to their patents instead of actually listing thr exact patent number

Oh okay, I was worried since I have a griptillian and it had the patent number not the website but I guess its relatively new. Thanks.

Times have changed. In lieu of the standard markings we have an email address now? That's very interesting.

Yea this was brought up over on the BM forum and the rep there said that's something they changed recently. Within the past 6 months or so I think.

SAM_5324.jpg~original

Last edited:
Some new fake 940-1's have just came over from China. They're nearly identical to the real ones, so be careful buying from anyone other than a trusted dealer. All the new ones from Benchmade should have the updated patent marking that's shown above (benchmade.com/pat), but some of the older real ones had the same patent # as the fakes. Here's some pics of the fake that surfaced on a clone Facebook group...

940-1%202.jpg~original

940-1%205.jpg~original

940-1%206.jpg~original

940-1%204.jpg~original

940-1%203.jpg~original

940-1%207.jpg~original

940-1%208.jpg~original

940-1.jpg~original

940-1%2010.jpg~original

940-1%209.jpg~original

Last edited:
Either that's the best looking fake I've ever seen, or it's real. The fit and finish are just too true.

Either that's the best looking fake I've ever seen, or it's real. The fit and finish are just too true.

Supposedly that one is fake. There's been some very subtle differences pointed out to me, but it's too close for comfort. Luckily I already have a 940-1, but if I was looking to buy another, I'd be very cautious about who I bought it from. Even the box for those looks like a legitimate Benchmade box, the older slide out style, but there was no label on the box. Would be nice to see a side by side comparison between that and a real one, but I have no desire to buy one haha.

that was my thought.

Kind of concerning how a fake can have dead on centering but the 3 BM's I have purchased have been pretty bad.

Perfectly centered blade - clearly a fake 😊

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk

d1dc41fb2e735761c8d85e57c020e7dd.jpg

I have 2 940-1's they both feel real to the touch but have different etching. One says cpms90v
The other s90v. The one I'm worried about is the cpms90v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the new Benchmade markings including for the first time the Internet address instead of patent number. (My REI limited 531-1501 has the same CPMS90V marking.) I think these are the real ticket...the fit and finish is spot on, BUT you never know!

That's the new Benchmade markings including for the first time the Internet address instead of patent number. (My REI limited 531-1501 has the same CPMS90V marking.) I think these are the real ticket...the fit and finish is spot on, BUT you never know!

Thank you you helped out my mind at ease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back