Benchmade Replacing Blades

They replace the blade with the blade and blade steel that is on the knife. They will even upgrade steel on the griptilians to any steel offered in the custom shop for an additional charge. And the current price for a satin blade is $30. I just had one replaced on a 940-1. They raised it up from $25 some time ago.

They replace the blade with the blade and blade steel that is on the knife. They will even upgrade steel on the griptilians to any steel offered in the custom shop for an additional charge. And the current price for a satin blade is $30. I just had one replaced on a 940-1. They raised it up from $25 some time ago.

What happened to the blade on the 940-1?

Nothing I actually bought it and somebody had swapped the blade for a 943 blade. I sent it in and had them swap it back.

Just called customer service.

I have a 551-1304 coming in and wanted to try another steel. It comes in D2 (with a hideous emblem on the show side). I was told I could only buy another blade in D2 for $30. But I could buy 154cm if I bought the black scales as well. Something about the handles being different in this model was the reasoning.

I sent in my Benchmade Stryker 909sbk for service. I had them swap out the black blade for the satin blade from the 908 cause I really hated the black tanto edge. They also put on a new pocket clip and made my old wore out stryker like new. They even swapped out the stand offs and pocket clip in stainless steel. It gave this knife a truly custom look ! I have a 909sbk with 908 drop point satin blade. It has black scales with black liner, stainless stand offs and stainless steel screws. To say they went above and beyond was an understatement. This knife looks so cool it is gonna be a crime to use it. Thanks benchmade , you truly are professional !!!

I was wondering if I could just order a replacement blade? I currently have a combo Tonto blade, and would like to switch it to a non-serrated Tonto blade (coated). Is this possible?

I was wondering if I could just order a replacement blade? I currently have a combo Tonto blade, and would like to switch it to a non-serrated Tonto blade (coated). Is this possible?

Yes, you will need to send the knife in for blade replacement. Coated blades are $40, non-coated are $30.

How much are 551 m4 blades? I wish benchmade would offer m4 uncoated.

We can only upgrade the blade steel if the knife was purchased through our custom shop. If the knife was purchased through the custom shop it would be $40 for coated blade replacement plus the difference in cost from the original blade steel.

Watch out if you give Torri your credit card number, She more than double billed me WITHOUT my approval! Until I caught her and had a talk with my Credit Card Company and Torri. Shady. Just check your statement or call your card company.

We can only upgrade the blade steel if the knife was purchased through our custom shop. If the knife was purchased through the custom shop it would be $40 for coated blade replacement plus the difference in cost from the original blade steel.
I have a 553 with 154cm blade steel.... if I have the blade replaced, will it be replaced with S30v, since the 154cm Griptilians have been discontinued?

usually they do upgrade to the new base steel once they’re out of the older replacement blades. not sure how long that takes or how big of a supply they keep on hand though.

Curious as I have a Benchmade 3550 that's seen a lot of use and is pretty thrashed up. Would I be able to send it in to get a replacement blade or would they upgrade/fit a Stimulus blade on it? thanks in advance

i would call their customer service on monday to see if they can do that. i’m not sure that the blade from a 3551 will fit in a 3550. everything might not line up to fit the newer style blade

Yes. I’ve done this. They’re very easy to work with.
See I was told something different. I was told you could only replace with whatever blade was on the knife. So you could go from a serrated sheepsfoot to non serrated, but couldn't swap from a sheepsfoot to a drop point. Maybe depends who you get on the phone.

See I was told something different. I was told you could only replace with whatever blade was on the knife. So you could go from a serrated sheepsfoot to non serrated, but couldn't swap from a sheepsfoot to a drop point. Maybe depends who you get on the phone.

I’ve done it three times about three years apart. Once mailed two knives in for different blades (one a 550 to 551 and a 551s to 551) and then a few years later I dropped another one off in person, my other 551s and they mailed it back to me with a 551 blade as I’d requested. Pleasant and easy to deal with each time.

We do replace blades. $25 for non-coated blades and $35 for coated. As for the re-assembly fee it's only applicable if the knife is sent in broken down to component pieces.
Good morning Jimmy. Can you replace a blade on an automatic 9050? Also, Can you recoat the aluminum handle and if so, how much.

Back