Benchmade Support for Blade Forums

Jimmy, I want to echo the sentiment from a few others and thank you and benchmade for participating in these forums.

It's obviously not going to be an easy job, but know that on the other side of these posts and screens are real people who love your products and we welcome your insight and help.

Looking forward to many years of productive benchmade products and service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you're here Jimmy welcome to the forums, the fact somebody wants to come here and listen to people who really buy sell and trade these and use them every day it's nice to know. But you're going to get an earful here because some people don't like the newer models and their aesthetics (Freek) or the discontinuation of models that people still want (Ritter) that being said if I got an axe to grind about a particular Benchmade which I have about 45 I'll let you know. Right now I'm happy with all of them just not too thrilled about the 2017 lineup but that's just my opinion but I want to say again thanks for being here I look forward to future discussions.

Be seeing you, Arick

I recommend the OP read all the past 3.5 years worth of threads.

Those are issues with QC, MAP, value, models, dropping H&K/Ritter, etc.

A lot of negatives have happened with Benchmade in the past few years.

I disagree. There are a lot of positives in the Benchmade world.

Per your signature, your post is not a very "cordial" "constructive" or "civilized" way to welcome the new face of Benchmade. You may not be "fooling" anyone :)

Good luck Jimmy :)

I just want to say welcome and I hope you have thick skin. I am glad BM is going to have some representation here as it's one of my favorite brands. Keep your chin up and take what is said with a grain of salt, some tend to get a bit dramatic. Anyway, I just experienced some great customer service recently and picked up a 51 because of it. Truly awesome knife and my favorite for quite some time.

Cursum, the main reason we haven't done another 943 variant comes down to volume. The 940 sells nearly 5x what the 943 moves so it just hasn't been a priority.

Thanks for letting us know Jimmy. Yep we pretty much figured that, I can understand that 943 variants are not a priority due to much lower volume, but does that mean it just won't ever happen?
A good 943 variant will sell in some numbers at least. And if there is no development cost involved, where's the downside to making a small run of 943-2? Kind of a give your customers what they want sort of thing.
I would really like to see BM do this.

Regardless, glad to see you here responding to us Jimmy :)

Hey Benchmade Benchmade Jimmy, welcome. (Oh, and for everyone else here, hi! I'm not sure if I've posted in the forum before.) I've carried a 940-2 every day since I got it about two months ago. Love it. More knife than I need on a day to day basis, but it's such a great design. Out of curiosity, what edge angle do you specify/aim for coming from the factory? Mine came with great F&F; I've sharpened it once since to "my" angle, but I'm curious how it started life.

Hey coffeemike, We aim for 30°-40° as edge angle for most of our knives in the factory. Your 940-2 should have been within that range.

Hi there Jimmy, welcome to the forums.

I have a question regarding the Custom Griptilians. My wife got me a Mini Grip in 154CM last year, and I've been curious if I could get the blade changed to one of the higher end steels. Also, she chose the "lightning bolt" style pattern on the blade, and I was wondering if I could get that on the new blade as well. It's one of the stock patterns offered by Benchmade.

Thanks for any info.

I have a question regarding the Custom Griptilians. My wife got me a Mini Grip in 154CM last year, and I've been curious if I could get the blade changed to one of the higher end steels. Also, she chose the "lightning bolt" style pattern on the blade, and I was wondering if I could get that on the new blade as well. It's one of the stock patterns offered by Benchmade.

Thanks for any info.

Hey Chris,

No we don't do blade swaps like that. Sounds like a great reason to buy a new custom Mini Grip with G10 and 20CV!

Thanks for any info.

I know that this question was directed to Jimmy, but wanted to mention that IF your 154CM mini-grip came from the custom shop, then YES, Benchmade will do a blade swap, with different steel, but for an added expense. Additionally, they will upgrade scales to G10 for an upcharge. The fact that you mentioned "she chose the lightening bolt style..." leads me to believe that your mini grip in 154CM is indeed a custom. If this is the case, the information that Jimmy provided is incorrect unless they changed their policies within the past week. I personally have taken advantage of this, actually just received a mini-grip back last week, and there is an on-going thread on Benchmade's home forum where people have been doing this for a year. Hope this helps.

I know that this question was directed to Jimmy, but wanted to mention that IF your 154CM mini-grip came from the custom shop, then YES, Benchmade will do a blade swap, with different steel, but for an added expense. Additionally, they will upgrade scales to G10 for an upcharge. The fact that you mentioned "she chose the lightening bolt style..." leads me to believe that your mini grip in 154CM is indeed a custom. If this is the case, the information that Jimmy provided is incorrect unless they changed their policies within the past week. I personally have taken advantage of this, actually just received a mini-grip back last week, and there is an on-going thread on Benchmade's home forum where people have been doing this for a year. Hope this helps.

Thanks buccilli15. It is indeed from their custom shop. I thought I had seen other forum members mentioning they had paid to have their blades swapped out, but I always figured it was possible the policy had been changed. It would make sense for them not to do it, because I can't recall seeing anything on the work order mentioning different blade patterns.

Thanks buccilli15. It is indeed from their custom shop. I thought I had seen other forum members mentioning they had paid to have their blades swapped out, but I always figured it was possible the policy had been changed. It would make sense for them not to do it, because I can't recall seeing anything on the work order mentioning different blade patterns.

No problem..Like I said, I just sent one in toward the end of March and rec'd it last week, so I highly doubt the policy has changed within the week.

Give their customer service a call for pricing. They're open until 6:00 PST.

Glad to have you here, Jimmy. Like many others, I'm a huge Benchmade fan and look forward to your contributions.

Welcome Jimmy,

Thanks for coming aboard here.

I recently sent some knives in to LifeSharp. They came back tuned and sharpened with new clips. I also asked for a blade to be replaced after previous owner had botched a homemade acid wash on a blade - great deal at $30.

Your CS is great. On two seperate occasions, I called for tracking info/updates on knives that I sent in for LifeSharp service. Both times I got "Torrey" in the phone. Knowledgeable, pleasant, very helpful - even emailed me the tracking info for the return shipment. Job well done, give my thanks to Torrey,

Best,

Sal

Good stuff Jimmy. Keep us rolling with representation from Benchmade, and let's have more new designs like the 319, which is a terrific looking knife. My local REI store has a few on order, so I'll be checking them out .

Good stuff Jimmy. Keep us rolling with representation from Benchmade, and let's have more new designs like the 319, which is a terrific looking knife. My local REI store has a few on order, so I'll be checking them out .

Firstly, this is the first I've heard of the 319, so I looked it up at a dealer website. It certainly is interesting as one's "goin' to the city" knife, especially for NYC. Its under 3" blade-length, no clip, no lock, no thumb-studs, no way to flick it out makes it a perfect carry for up-tight urban environments. I keep a SAK electrician in my travel bag to carry under those sorts of conditions, but the 319 has a more robust blade design. Of course the additional tools in the SAK make for a more utilitarian carry as well as adding extra "justification" for having a knife in the face of interrogation, but I'm definitely interested.

Let us know what you think of the 319 when you get one in hand, Joe.

Secondly, I'll add another welcome for you, Jimmy, and hope, like others have, that you do indeed have a thick skin. There are a lot of guys here at BF really down on Benchmade's QC and pricing and are adamant about expressing that in no uncertain terms. For my part, I have about 2 dozen BMs, both old-school and newer, that I greatly enjoy. I don't pretend that they're all perfect--after all, what is?--but really appreciate something about every one I own.

I could write a bunch more, but hopefully you'll be around for a while and there'll be plenty to share later.

Well I checked with CS this morning and I stand corrected! Like buccilli mentioned, you can upgrade your steel when you purchase a knife through our custom program. There are additional fees based on the material upgrade. However it must have come from our custom program direct.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks buccilli!

Back