Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I've got this Andrew Jordan, Bear Cub Knives, Grizzly, fixed blade in 1/4in D2 steel. Blade length is 4in, cutting edge is 3 1/4in long. OAL knife is 8 5/8in.

Jimping in 3 spots on the handle. Black Micarta w/yellow liners.

Looks to be a very shallow hollow grind, V type. I know you've heard it before but, this knife really is a tank. It feels really great in the hand.

Nathan, you wouldn't want to dress up the edge for me....would you? :) We could talk turkey?

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 37
OK, construction on this folder has begun in earnest, hope to have it in maybe three months, when I can post the real thing. Only the handle, mechanism, etc is shown in the design but it will be a functional folder (believe it or not - seriously). An assisted opener. It boggles my mind, so no reason it shouldn't boggle yours, too:

large.jpg

Bob, a quick Google reverse image shows that you were also the original instigator of that complex military weaponry which you term as a "folder". How's the side vent feature coming along? ;)

you should name it 'No Way Jose!'

Bob, a quick Google reverse image shows that you were also the original instigator of that complex military weaponry which you term as a "folder". How's the side vent feature coming along? ;)
Mat, talk about dumb. I tried to find where it was I posted that wild explanation, and couldn't find where. Duh, I google everything else, but didn't even think about googling this. Glad you found it.

In fact, I don't want anyone to think this is any kind of joke that started with me. It is, in fact, a firm design for a firm order placed awhile back, with a seriously detailed set of drawings showing "layers" of progress, all designed by the maker, including the mechanism. Because I knew it would be a long time before work would begin, that idiotic piece I did on it awhile back, was just that, an idiotic piece, almost humor - almost, maybe.

But the project is as real as can be and the maker's name is one that would be recognized, if mentioned. In three months or so, I hope to have images, once completed. No joke. No April fool either.

Bob

you should name it 'No Way Jose!'

Hahaha, Lorien, indeed, the perfect name. End result of the handle will perhaps have the effect of something somewhat less complicated than this in terms of internals/looks (no claws, though!):

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Did a little maintenance to get the pocket lint out, man I love this thing. Keep in mind, that this folder is done nearly the same way Nathan does his work. Lots of CNC, and the blade is finished by hand. It's amazingly perfect.

WsOdPLn.jpg

eQGBK5x.jpg

As you get older and the tight youthful stomach becomes looser and more rotund shall we say, you will find some lint lodged in you naval if you were properly decoupled from mother without an outy. Case in point, your exercise and gathered expertise in removing your lint from your Shiro will become a very handy skill for you later on in life...

Don't think I posted this image before, not in my collection now, but don't think the current owner would mind you seeing it - a Mediterranean Dirk - by Buster Warenski circa 1990 , and smaller than it looks, only a delicate 10 1/2" overall:

large.jpg

Last edited:
OT:

If you are still fond of the older format and wish a darker background color scheme, read Spark's post in the Technical:

http://www.bladeforums.com/index.ph...-default-forums-layout.1485938/#post-17090115

I chose FA (Flat Awesome) with the white background. It is an improved and faster version yet with some familiarity from the past format.

BTW, exquisitely beautiful Med Dagger. That field is totally unknown to me but I can only imagine that such beauties are in the beaucoup dinero (Not De Niro!) realm!

I scanned and couldn't find if I had put this one up before, so here it is, a forever keeper with Hanson mosaic Damascus bolsters and Hanson raindrop Damascus blade, by Don Hanson III:

xlarge.jpg

Back