Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Well, this makes for a handy weapon (Minuteman III - silo launch) if ever needed, something we watched early this morning, right after midnight, at the Reagan Memorial visitor missile launch viewing site at Vandenberg AFB:

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a work (assisted opener handle and internals) which will shortly be complete, just a few weeks to go but still plenty of titanium carving and more differential anodizing, plus mechanics and pass through pieces to be fit. It is to look a bit like the second image's handle, same artist, Quebecois Jose Cabral de Braga - maker of several of the Highlander movie swords :

large.jpg

large.jpg

Last edited:
I swear the design artists for the new Star Trek Franchise under J.J. Abram will be glad to steal those patterns and turn them into a Kool Klingon spaceship (Borg on the first ones!). Yes, I'm also a Science Fiction and true/real Science NERD :cool:

That's going to be an epic knife Bob!
I like how the details are slightly different on both sides.

I think that's the last update, until the knife is completed. About Jose, that colorful piece in the image below the work in progress above was originally to be detail-finalized and made for one of the Predator movie sequels, an alien's weapon, but Jose just couldn't get the design perfect in time. So after a lot more time (years), that piece (called Predator) was reworked and is what you see in the image.

And about being an aircraft carrier, I believe the steampunkish piece actually will have some striking stuff going on. I believe the airvents and some other areas are done with a glow in the dark composite, as with the Predator. That Predator handle has seven layers of titanium built up and carved out to give the appearance of see-through or special mechanisms.

Last edited:
Well, then I wasn't too far off! There was definitely some SciFi DNA embedded in there, wasn't there?! Now that you said steampunk(ish), I totally see the resemblances to some stuff I've see on Dr. Who and also some of the stuff on Robert Downey Jr's rendition of Sherlock Holmes!

I hosted a camping trip this past weekend with a couple fellow knife enthusiasts, so we made a "Tree of Knife".

That is awesome! Just to get a feel for things, approximately just how many does "a couple" of enthusiasts entail? If you say something like three..... :eek:

That is awesome! Just to get a feel for things, approximately just how many does "a couple" of enthusiasts entail? If you say something like three..... :eek:

Nah not 3, there were 4 friends, so a total of 5 including myself. We actually ran out of space on tree to put knives on (we only had a short step ladder), so there were more knives and axes sitting on the table when this pic was taken! Also, none of the folding knives made it on the tree. Does that make it more reasonable? :)

For those that are interested, there are more pics on my camping thread here: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...amping-trip-weekend-of-4-28-17.1475105/page-6

Last edited:
I had planned on staying a 'like' virgin, but I had to give it up for the tree of knife :cool: :D

Back