Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Bob, that piece is more than incredible. I know that I haven't seen all of the Warenski creations, but that has got to be my new favorite. The vision, creativity, and skills required to make something like this are mind boggling.

Mike

reverence is over rated, respect is where it's at

1mqvIdn.jpg

The axes, saws, and knives are so awesome. They had the ideas back then already well developed. I have been there numerous times and I learn more every time. Particularly about historical knife shapes and blade styles that were in use on the western frontier in the 1850's.

The skinners, boot knives, and pocket knives, as well as knives for the table. It's very interesting.

I do sketches and study handles and then incorporate that into my designs.

Last edited:
Send me one then...:D The question is, will it out chop my almighty 1311? I haven't found anything yet that will. I have the edge thinned out and convexed, so it throws some mighty big chips! This BK&T Reinhardt I have right now, may just give it some competition...

I know first hand that the LC is a much more effective chopper than the 1111 could ever dream of being. Bites so much deeper with less effort, doesn't split wood as well since the 1111 is like 1/4" thick.

It's amazing to see how great those knives look after spending 131 years under water!
They were deprived of oxygen. And once taken out, had to be deep frozen until preserved. It's am amazing story about an amazing family and a hard work story. The knife designs back then, are very similar to traditional knives today, 165 years later.

So apparently we have not been able to reinvent the wheel.

My guess is the LC will not out chop the 1311, it will however not rust as easily! I know for a fact my Sasquatch will out chop the 1311 and would not be surprised if the new BC would out chop the 1311! For the price $250-300 bucks the 1311 is a very good chopper indeed-Problem with them IMO is the Rust issues, plus coating adds friction-(resistence) although most of the initial rusting is only surface rusting, not pitting! Cheers

They were deprived of oxygen. And once taken out, had to be deep frozen until preserved. It's am amazing story about an amazing family and a hard work story. The knife designs back then, are very similar to traditional knives today, 165 years later.

So apparently we have not been able to reinvent the wheel.
I had to go look up the story right away and read that the river shifted and the wreckage was 45ft underground.
That's one heck of a cool find for these guys.
I hope they record their findings when the start excavating the Malta wreckage.

Back