• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad bestsharpeningstones.com

I searched for any previous threads regarding this website and did not find any. I went ahead and ordered since they had what I wanted in stock and seemed to be a reputable company. My order was shipped the next day. I received it in three days.

The kit that I ordered had one defective piece and one broken piece. I called them the same day and was told by a woman in the office that I would get a call back within two business days. That was 8 days ago now with no answer. After the two days passed I sent them an email explaining the issues and asked for a resolution. That was six days ago with no answer. There is nowhere to leave comments on their website either.

I contacted the manufacturer and explained the situation to them four days ago. They apologized for the issues and had the replacement parts shipped to me immediately. The parts showed up two days after contacting them.

Long story short: no customer service from bestsharpeningstones.com after email and phone calls placed.

No comfort after the fact ... but your search foo must have failed you:

http://www.bladeforums.com/search/1450703/?q=bestsharpeningstones&o=date&c[node]=699

Most have had a horrible experience with them .... however, I must say, many years ago, I did order something from them (don't remember what) and had no problems. That said, they would not be on my list of places to order from. Too many other places with stellar reputations.

Thanks for the info. I wish I would have found that first. Hopefully this helps others to avoid a business that doesn't take care of their customers.

I kept adding the .com part to my search. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks guys.

Did you search here? Even when I put the .com on the end I get 10 threads about them here. 11 when I remove the .com. Not trying to kick you when you are down but I guess I don't understand how if you searched here in the GBU for them you got nothing.

It also helps to stop by now and again and read the threads (or even just the titles) and see what is going on. I knew instantly what this thread would be about when I read their name in your title because there have been many threads on them here.

I did try searching here but I obviously screwed something up. You're not kicking me when I'm down, I got my parts and great service from the manufacturer. I don't expect the people from "best" to contact me.

Back