Better steel version of skinning knife for filleting

Correct, it doesn't. The Chromium carbides is what helps it with edge retention. Still, a good steel especially in a kitchen knife. DM

if i was looking at saving a bit on costs 154cm woudl have better edge holding and about the same other values stepping up to CPM154 (i used to use piles of it before XHP) powderr steel so much better for edge and many other values due to the alloys beingn so well distributed

f i had a tracing of the blade it woudl be no problem to make as i make lots of bull nose butcher style knives and boning knives in XHP at 62-63 rcView attachment 730221

May I ask about the handle shape difference on the bottom knife as compared to the ones above that are more boning style? I use knives of that shape in butchering. (the bottom knife) Was curious what reason the handle is shaped in a more "traditional" kitchen shape? Would there be a reason other then preference, to put a more contoured handle on that for butcher shop use? The old knives similar in shape to that, used in the mid 1800's, had mostly "broomstick" style handles. Just curious as I enjoy shaping handles for what we do.

Back