Beware Benchmade Fakes

I was at the Dixie gun and knife show today in Charlotte and I saw several Benchmade fakes. The fakes were being sold by someone who had a "wholesaler" banner with several large good knife brands like Benchmade. Just a little heads up for anyone in the Charlotte nc area

There were some that looked like they just put the Benchmade butterfly and name on it and they looked like a knife someone made up. But they had some that were bad fakes of the adamas and they also had infidel fakes that someone told me about before I got there but I was unable to see them myself because they were gone.

I would have called him out on it. I'm sure benchmade would appreciate it as well. Any time I see something like that, I make sure to speak LOUDLY so others can hear me.

A different dealer there took pictures of the knives and is sending them into Benchmade so they can see the fakes. I probably should have called him out so other people could hear though.

Don't cause a ruckus unless you are certain that they are fakes. What tipped you off that the Adamas's were fake?

Incorrect colored handles fit and finish issues and the fact that it said China on the clip.

Bottom line; KnowYourProduct. Once you know what the real thing looks like there's usually no mistaking the difference.

Saw some fakes at a gun show in Des Moines Iowa area too. Generic with the butterfly stamp on it.

Those are fakes, I can count the reasons. Bottom line; they just don't look right.

Those are fakes, I can count the reasons. Bottom line; they just don't look right.

I won't say here because I'm not going to tell Benchmades enemies ways to improve their counterfeiting methods. But those are definitely fakes, and someone off the street is going to think they have a Benchmade, and soon after that Benchmade sucks. Ticks me off to see counterfeiting of any goods.

Back